Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 31, 2012
I want to start by saying that I really enjoyed this book. I have never written a review for a book before and wanted to let others know that this is honestly a very good book compared to all the other Kindle $1 zombie drivel you can find. I would like to begin my review, however, with the problems I found and finish on a positive note.

I must begin by stating that I did not find the book to be "hilarious" as many of the other reviewers stated. This in no way is a knock on the book, I just want possible purchasers to understand what they are getting, as those reviews are really what pushed me to get this book, thinking it was an actual black comedy type of read. However, there really is no comedic humor in the book. Throughout some of the dialog you will find a good amount of sarcasm and jokes, and Zora has moments where you see firsthand how she got the nickname "Zombie Zora" which do lighten the mood and can be amusing...BUT to describe the book as "hilarious" is incredibly misleading. It is an action/adventure/horror book, period. There are moments in just about every zombie book or movie that are funny, but I definitely didn't see Dawn of the Dead and say "Man, that was hilarious!"

The author of this book either does not use an editor or needs desperately to get a new one. Words spelled incorrectly or incorrect usage of certain words are found throughout. For example, I can recall three separate times in the book where the author used the word "ridicules" instead of the correct word "ridiculous". Around location 2070 of the Kindle edition: "'This is ridicules and it will stop this instant...'" Again around location 2788: "How ridicules could I be? I rose and stood my ground." And again around location 2867: "It is ridicules to have the same hang-ups I had as when the world was normal."

Here are a handful of other similar word usage errors:
-Around location 2383, author uses "through" instead of "threw": "I kept my back to them as they carried the body to a window and through it out like garbage."
-Around location 3168, author again uses "through" instead of "threw': "I picked up the ones near me and through them as well."
-Around location 2699, author uses "ours" instead of "hours": "After what seemed like ours, Jones came to the door and waved us in."
-And my absolute biggest pet peeve, around location 1681, author uses "their" instead of "they're": "'I don't see any bodies,' added Thompson. 'I guess their zombies.'"
There are quite a few more spelling/usage errors but I think the examples quoted above serve well enough to sufficiently make the point.

There are also a few instances in which the author used the same word two or three times in a single sentence. This is a common mistake made by many writers at all levels, and is usually an easy problem to fix. For example, around location 3212 of the Kindle edition: "I briefly wondered what he was doing and briefly allowed myself to wonder if he was in pain or asleep" might have sounded better, or at least less clumsy, if it had been worded something like this: "I thought about what he might be doing, wondering briefly if he may be in pain or asleep." In addition, the overuse of commas and fragmented sentences are found regularly which often hurt the rhythm and pacing of the reading. So, whenever R.G. Richards is in the market for a new editor, I happily volunteer my services. I would have easily given this book four stars if not for the grammatical errors.

Now, with all that being said, I cannot wait to read the sequel! I am an extremely slow reader (as you may be able to tell from my notes above) and read Zombie Zora in two days, staying up late on consecutive work nights reading and reading to see what happened next. There really is non-stop action the entire journey, with a lot of characters and relationships developing before you know it. As another reviewer stated, the main characters (Zora, Brittany, and Jones) are quite prone to making silly mistakes and bad choices. These instances occur far more often than you would expect from military trained survivors of a two year zombie infestation, but the suspension of disbelief is definitely warranted for the amount of action and opportunity for story that it provides. I really can't say a lot about why I enjoyed it so much because I don't want to spoil any of the plot, but I will say that if you pay the $1 it costs for the Kindle edition of this book you will likely be coming back for the sequel. I believe both "Zombie Zora" and the sequel "Kill happy" are also available as free rentals for Amazon Prime members, and as such I definitely recommend checking it out.
on May 27, 2012
So, lots of action and a mostly likeable female character. But this is suppose to be 2 years after the first zombie and Zora and her group are suppose to be trained soldiers - so why do they keep making the same mistakes??? In the first few chapters alone there are about four times when the group runs into strangers, joins up with them and..uh oh...later that night the new arrivals turn into zombies. No one came up with the very obivious solution of CHECKING each other out for zombie bites after a run in with zombies???? And to keep doing the same thing over and over again ("has anyone been bitten?" "No." "Okay, lets go.") is just plain stupid. So while I enjoyed the read and it was worth $1, that one bit of stupid really bothered me...alot.
on April 3, 2014
I enjoyed reading a zombie novel that starts some place new. The fact is, most zombie apocalypse books start with how it happened, the governments inept response, and the majority of characters getting eaten or killed/turned. It was a fast fun read that shows how life/love goes on. I liked the main characters sense of humor and temper flares, they seemed more realistic to me. Ms. Baker was an interesting girl who will do almost anything to keep her little brother safe. Even if it means breaking the rules and putting herself at risk from Army superiors and friends. I am looking forward to reading more of the series. R. G. Richards does a good job at.
on January 27, 2014
I found this book to be very entertaining. I kept finding myself thinking about it while I was doing other things and had to get back to read a little more. I like zombie novels that are believable (or at least something that I believe "could" actually cause what a zombie outbreak might be)and this one is. Keep up the good work!
on September 12, 2012
I really don't know where to begin, inconsistent story, poor grammer and spelling all over the place really. Its as if the author wrote a page and came back 3 months later to write another forgetting the previous content. If I were paid I would not read another book by this author. This gets one star because it is impossible to give less, its more like minus five.
on July 6, 2013
First of all, let me say as a fellow Missourian, I very much enjoyed this book, Zombie Zora (Zora Baker). I started on this book last night & Finished it today :).

I'm not gonna pick on the author as other reviewers did, with misspelled words, etc. I basically just look at the big picture, the story itself.

I really liked it. As a science fiction fan of 'zombie' stories, movies, ect., I found it to be a very compelling story of survival in a zombie infested world. Zora's basic goal was to get to where her little brother was taken and be with him. So Zora, Private First Class, was in the company of her commanding officer, another female Private, and male officer. The 4 of them were on a trek to wipe out as many zombies as they could, toward the base camp they would be heading for.

They encounter many trials & tribulations throughout their journey. Maintaining their sanity was perhaps their biggest goal of all. It did have some comical moments, as well as very sad moments.

So, I tell you this readers, if you enjoy a good zombie story, you can't go wrong with this read. On that note, I won't give away anymore of what happens. That you will have to find out on your own.
on December 26, 2013
Your life is turned upside down by the world ending. What do you do? Join the army? thats what zora does but when things really change and her brother and her are seperated it all becomes about living. Zora takes on anything anywhere and everywhere to get to her brother, the one thing still living in this world that means everything to her. What are zombies? do they actually have intelligence? how do they survive? So many questions so few answers. Zora must move on she must follow her orders to find and take all survivors to camp. Once she gets there will her brother be there. Will she make it to the camp or will she have to survive this world so much longer that her brother may be a man? this story keeps you ingrossed with twists you wont imagine and turns that make you go ugggh!!!
on February 20, 2013
I thought this book was very good! It has plenty of action in it as well as life experiences in it. This book is about a Regular teenager & her little brother going through a zombie filled world. It takes place 2 yrs after the ZA happened. Simon & Zee get seperated w/the promise to find one another again. That's Zee's biggest goal. along the way she makes friends & enemies that may not have really been an enemy at all. She finds that it's not just killing zombies but you need to live each day like it's her last. You'll have to read this book to find out if she makes it or not to her brother again. She has the instincts that some might die for! enjoy it & don't forget to write a review for the authors! Whether it's a good one or a bad one let the Authors know they did a fantastic job or not!
R.G. Richards- you did a wonderful job at writing this book I can NOT wait to get a hold of your second book & find out what happens the friends! Keep it up! You have made a new fan here! I'd love to make this the Zombie Book of the Month for our club on FB. come check us out! it's literally called Zombie Book of the Month Club! I will be happy to add you to our growing list of members/authors/reviewers! thanks, Stephanie
on April 13, 2014
definitely worth every minute i spent reading this book, although once i started i couldnt put it down and flew through it. action,gore,humor, and drama. i loved zora, thompsan, and jones, loved the story line, and loved how every page felt like you either wanted to hold your breath or close your eyes. very pleased! ive been reading alot of zombie books and this is the first in a long while that didnt disappoint, ill be recommending this for sure.
on October 10, 2013
With the title of this book I wasn't sure what to expect but hoped it wasn't cheesy like some I've read. Once I began reading, I was captivated. The intensely complex personalities of Richards characters are brilliant. I actually, which is not often, found myself surprised many times as something happened that I had totally not expected. Many times I thought I knew how something was going to go and every time I was wrong. This is how talented and refreshing the writing of this author is.