Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 25, 2002
A long time SCOTS fan, I did not have this particular CD in my catalog until now. Wow!!! I wasn't prepared for this Disc, which is like a B-Movie, Rock-n-Roll Halloween Party all in one little package. It hasn't left my CD player since I have recieved it, and may be my favorite over all. The disc has a dark theme, a slight departure from the "Fried Chicken and Gasoline" of their other efforts. There is a good mix of reverd-driven rockers and slow spooky grooves. Also a couple of good instrumentals, including a killer cover of "Sinister Purpose", an old Fogerty tune. The Disc ends with my personal favorite, the hard-hitting "Devil's Stomping Ground". Don't "Torture" yourself any longer, get "Zombified"!
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2011
I'll keep this short and sweet considering most anyone reading a reviews of this album are more or less familiar with the sounds of SCOTS.
After a few listens I have determined that I really like this album. In fact, I seem to like it more with each listen, so maybe a five star review is only a few listens away. On Zombified, SCOTS put a horror theme to their swampy southern rock sound. Kind of a bluesy CCR/50s/60s rock hybrid. The songs here are at more of a slower pace, and bring to(my)mind images of graveyards, creepy bayous, vampires and morgues, all against the backdrop of the sweltering heat of the south.
Very highly recommended.
on May 31, 2001
Zombified indeed! This here lil' ol' ceedee,will put the heebeegeebees in you! It'll take control of your soul,and make you dance like you was hangin' at the end of the hangman's noose!It's those beloved hillbilly folk Southern Culture on the Skids,with a Halloween flavoured release.They cover Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Sinister Purpose",nicely,and treat us to some great originals. If you love Rock-a-billy with a B-Movie twist,this one's for you!( And the beauty of this "import",is that you don't have to be Australian to enjoy it....but it couldn't hurt.).
on October 21, 2011
We've been a Southern Culture on the Skids fan for over ten years. We've been a fan of Halloween longer than that. Put the two together and I can't resist. Zombified by Southern Culture on the Skids (SCOTS to their fans) is a tribute to the horror and exploitation movies that populated Southern theaters and drive ins during the 60s and 70s. Bringing their unique genre defying (country-rock? psychobilly? Hillbilly surf punk? Toe sucking geek rock?) sound to B Movie monster madness if pure genius. Band leader Rick Miller, bassist Mary Huff and drummer Dave Hartman crank out a serious hoodoo vibe on this perfect for Halloween collection. The band comes out swinging with the emminently danceable title track, "Zombified." They keep that 60's surf rock feel going on tracks like "Swamp Thang" and "Devil's Stomping Ground." And they deliver their signature back woods humor on "Eyeball You Later." For me,the standout tune is "Bloodsucker" - your basic caribbean tinged, vampire mambo (doesn't every band have one of these in their catalog?) Mary Huff takes over vocal duties on the wonderful torch-ballad, "Torture." (By the way,the only real torture on this album is that Mary doesn't get to sing more lead vocals, I could listen to her magnificent 50's pop diva voice all day [or night in this case!]
If you're planning a Halloween party this month and you're looking to surprise your "Monster Mash" weary friends with some truly outside-the-coffin musical mayham, this is your answer.
In decribing his inspiration for the album, Rick says, "I got into the (B mvie horror) directors, like Mario Bava, Hershell Gordon Lewis and George Romero, to name just a few. They made some entertaining and pretty disturbing movies from way outside the mainstream. A big influence on my approach to making music!" Entertaing and disturbing - what more could you want from an album this Halloween?
on February 23, 2013
I CANNOT believe the bad reviews for this album. How can anyone NOT like this masterpiece. Yes, I said Masterpiece and I don't use that word lightly. If you didn't know, this is basically the soundtrack for the movie Bloodfeast 2. Which, by-the-way is an awesome movie for anyone into Horror/Gore/Comedies. This reissue of the album includes a few songs that weren't on the original soundtrack. At least not that I'm aware of. If you're looking for that perfect soundtrack for your Halloween party, this is it. Don't think about it, BUY IT!
on April 11, 2012
Altho I didn't enjoy Zombified as much as I loved "Liquored Up and Laquered Down," my introduction to this wonderful and unique group, there were still tracks that I liked a lot - especially the first one, "Undertaker." Loved the album cover. I would recommend it.
on October 30, 2013
This review is for the American reissue of the CD. The original Australian edition only had eight tracks; this one has 13. The songs have a Halloweenish feel to them. Most of the songs are originals, but there are a few covers, including Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Sinsiter Purpose". SCOTS originally recorded this song with Zacherle on the album Halloween Hootenanny. The version here seems to be the same recording, but with an organ taking the place of Zacherle's voice. This is a fun album to listen to, especially around Halloween time.
on March 13, 2015
This item is Limited Edition red vinyl LP only 1000 were made. It makes a nice addition to anyone's SCOT's collection. I mostly have SCOT's music on CD so I was happy to get some on vinyl. It's a collection of morbid and spooky songs usually fit for around the Fall or Halloween season. Overall it's nice to have if your a big fan, but they have a lot of better recordings for novice SCOT's fans.
on September 28, 2013
I was so happy to find that this had been reissued with bonus tracks. I have all their stuff, and this disc floats comfortably somewhere in the top 3.. A great intro to the band if you're looking to check them out..
on November 6, 2011
Just in time for Halloween, this thirteen-track set expands upon a rare, like-titled eight-song Australian EP from 1998. The band mixes originals and covers, including a killer instrumental take on Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Sinister Purpose," a psychotically-tinged version of Kris Jensen's "Torture," and a Las Vegas grind arrangement of Kip Tyler's rockabilly classic, "She's My Witch." Tales of demons, zombies, undertakers, witches and swamp monsters reanimate the exploitive nighttime feel of 1960s drive-ins, and musical nods to the Cramps, Lonnie Mack and Screamin' Jay Hawkins make this disc a must-have for your next fright night party. The newly added tracks (#9-13) fill out the album with tales of the supernatural, nighttime shadows, and the Link Wray-styled instrumental, "The Creeper." It's a shame that American International isn't in business, as SCOTS would surely be the studio's house band. [©2011 hyperbolium dot com]