Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 1, 2005
Few books prompt me to want to TELL THE WORLD because it may make a big difference in the quality of life of anyone who reads it. This is the first time that I have tried the Zone diet and fish oil supplements so it was all news to me and makes sense. I don't usually buy recipe books but this is more of a guide to balanced eating using raw foods, canned/frozen food, and even restaurant visits. The authors seem to realize that I don't have the time or talent to deal with exotic food preparation. Rather than a long list of food to avoid, this book explains which foods are good, better, and best along with balanced quantities.

Don't underestimate the health effects of the right food if you are currently in pain or taking any medications this book could change your life! A high cholesterol report and watching Morgan Spurlock's movie, Super Size Me, prompted me to pursue some changes in my diet. In the month since entering the Zone I have discontinued Sudafed use (after years on it) and my husband is off of glucosamine and pain free. Plus, we are not hungry, have energy, and sleep better than before. This book ended the confusion I felt about what to eat. I found it very helpful.
0Comment|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2004
This is the Zone book I've been waiting for since the first book came out. Dr. Sears' wife, Lynn Sears, shows simple, easy-to-cook recipes. My favorite was a story she recounted about not wanting to cook one night, so she just put soy crumbles over olive oil in a pan, added a jar of salsa & stirred in a can of black beans, heated it and then sprinkled grated cheese on it.
Not only are the recipes easy and fast, she explains how to look at labels on foods to figure out blocks, how to easily eat out in the Zone using the 'eyeball method' and how to Zone during holidays and special occations. This book is my ZONE BIBLE. Thank you, Lynn & Dr. Sears!
on January 25, 2006
This book, as always, has great nutritional and scientific information about the Zone Diet, and your health. The forward by Lynn Sears is great. Throughout the book, she also breaks down how you can allot your blocks for each meal by male and female ratios, which simplifies meal time and shows you how you can mix and match foods to fit your likes and needs. However, these recipes are far from "meals in seconds," which is why I only gave it three stars. The dinners especially are extremely tricky and time-consuming. I've been researching Zone recipes for a while, and I don't believe that a quick and easy Zone recipe exists (unless you've comitted them all to memory and are a professional chef). I love the diet because I feel great, but don't be tricked by the title of this book. Be prepared to spend money on the extra ingredients you'll need for these dishes and the time it ACTUALLY takes to make one of these meals successfully.
on September 3, 2007
...because each recipe I've looked at so far all take at least an hour for prep time and cook time. And I'm not talking about all the ingredients your meant to compile...I'm sure the author means well, but these recipes are fairly complicated, and I am an accomplished cook. I can see where they would turn off someone who is not too keen in the kitchen. Also, each recipe is for four servings! What to do if I'm the only one on the diet?
Luckily, I also bought ZonePerfect by Kristi Walker. Her recipes are for one and even come with pictures! Hooray!
on February 28, 2004
The Zone has been a life saver for my husband and myself(ages 56). We have learned to "eyeball" meals when eating out; and when in a hurry at home we now have this book which gives so many good recipes and ideas for us to experiment with. As with anything it takes a while to change old patterns but the Zone is wonderful. In fact we have gone vegetarian/fish and dairy included so the Zone helps us to keep a good balance of protein, carbs and fats. Using the blender to grind oatmeal was worth the price of the book. It makes great Zone pancakes, I use it instead of crackers in casseroles.
I've made it a game and also we now treat food as medicine. We stay on the Zone at least 80 % of the time. As Dr. Sears says" one is only a meal away from the Zone", so it is not like being on a diet but learning how to eat better. With diabetes on the rise I look at the Zone as way to stay healthy. We have more energy!
The Zone, which includes : diet, exercise, meditation, and fish oil is a satisfying way to live!
on September 3, 2008
I was soooo looking forward to the arrival of this book but soooo disappointed when it arrived. It is a typical dime a dozen healthy recipe book for "foodies". I was looking for and expected some really quick and uncomplicated ideas for eating in the Zone. I have a book that does this much better by Joyce & Gene Daoust called 40-30-30 Fat Burning Nutrition "The Zone Made Easy". It was published in 1996 but hits the target much closer if you are looking for quick and uncomplicated ideas for eating in the Zone.
on March 10, 2006
The title of this book is a bit mis-leading. Many of the recipes call for many, many ingredients and the prep time is off. For example, one recipe says 20 min. prep time. But after you read it, it says to put something in the fridge for several hours. Making a lifestyle change like the Zone is hard enough without adding the frustration of buying sooo many ingredients and putting together complicated recipes. Plus, chicken and Salmon are about the only ingredients as meats. Where's pork or turkey?
on February 3, 2006
First of all, I would like to say that The Zone Diet has changed my life! I have clearer focus, and can think better, sleep better, and I'm happier. I bought this book thinking it would help me cook faster meals. Lynn Sears understands the dilemma, but the book doesn't really address how to eat quick Zone meals, and they are VERY expensive. So far I haven't been able to make one recipe because I can't afford ALL of the ingredients! However, the ideas, the advice about eating out, and everything except the recipes is extremely helpful. Borrow the book from someone first.
on February 17, 2004
The recipies in this book are so bland. Not only that, they are a lot of work for ONE serving of food! I really hoped to find some Zone cassarole type of food that could be reheated throughout the week. There is nothing like that. I made a meat stew that was practically inedible. For breakfast they had me using a food processor just to mash up some blueberries, which didn't make the dish taste any different than just using whole blueberries--but created a lot more stuff to wash! Most of the breakfasts are either omelets or yogurt & cottage cheese with different combinations of fruit and nuts. Big whoop.
This book was a waste of money!
on November 9, 2006
Lots of meal recipes for eating healthy with minimal preparation time. I recommend this book to all my friends. It is especially good for single people because lots of recipes are for one person. There are also chapters on slow-cooker recipes and Zone meals for kids. It's a five-star all the way.