5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and haven't had any trouble!
I have had my Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture for almost a month now and haven't had any trouble!
Compliments:
1- The bulbs aren't getting shorted out
2- It keeps my snake warm
3- It's really convenient having two separate light options (night and day bulbs), under the same fixture!
4- It's also really nice just having an on/off switch...
Published on December 10, 2010 by UNCC49er

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is not for use with ceramic heat emitters.
Published 23 months ago by KYGIRL1971

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and haven't had any trouble!, December 10, 2010
Compliments:
1- The bulbs aren't getting shorted out
2- It keeps my snake warm
4- It's also really nice just having an on/off switch for each light. My old lamp had like what a desk lamp has, a thing you turn until the light comes on and it was starting to fail. I had to turn it over a dozen times to turn it on! So this, with a simple on/off switch, like a wall mounted light switch, is a BIG improvement!

What slightly surprised me when I got it was that each light (night and day) has it's own wall plug. I kind of thought it might, but I also kind of thought it might just have a split cord with two different switches. Only bad part with this is you need a whole outlet (both top and bottom part of your wall outlet). But this is really nice because I may end up buying two plug-in wall timers and be able to set her day and night time light settings when I go out of town!

Only complaints:
1- doesn't come with your first set of night/day bulbs
2- If you don't buy the stand (which I didn't), the weight of the cord surprisingly can pull the whole fixture over on it's side. So I just put hooks on the wall above fixture and draped the cords over it, which made reaching the on/off switches easier anyway..

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfect and Looks Good!, October 16, 2010
Jersey Chuck (San Francisco, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
I purchased this fixture to replace two Zoo Med Deluxe Porcelain Clamp Lamp with 5.5-Inch Dome, Black that were cumbersome and looked bad. I use the new fixture along with a Zoo Med Reptile Lamp Stand, Full Size and use a Zoo Med ReptiCare Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter 60 Watts and a Exo Terra Repti-Glo 5.0 Tropical Terrarium Lamp Compact Fluorescent 26W - Exo Terra PT2187 to heat and light a Reptology Turtle Topper Basking Platform. The combination of the light fixture and the stand work fantastic! When I go to clean the aquarium I just adjust the stand (up) to remove the topper and I have plenty of light to do my cleaning. No more messing with those awkward "clamp lamps".

5.0 out of 5 stars this saves space and time, April 2, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
I love this lamp. I have it set up on an automatic timer. It takes up less space then the lamp I had. We used to change the lightbulb every 12 hours now we can sit on out butts and do nothing. yay

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vivarium lighting fixture, compact, high quality, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
I use this model on several vivariums. I like it because it's compact, much better than having 2 separate light fixtures (so long as you need the fixtues next to each other), and it's inexpensive. It's about as good a quality as you'll get with any fixture.

PROS:

* Inexpensive, almost half the price of any local pet store thanks to Amazon Prime

* Compact & safe, metal isn't as hot as some other fixtures even using the same bulbs

* The ceramic cooling element doesn't seem to fall apart as with some individual fixtures I've used

* Comes with a hanging-handle in case you want to hang the fixture above a vivarium

* Each socket has its own individual cord with an on/off switch

OTHER THOUGHTS:

* Might "tip over" if it's sitting on top of a screened lid, if the cord catches on something, but ONLY if you're moving it around, it won't tip on its own

* Make sure you get the right bulb for your pet, to ensure proper lighting, air temperature and assist with warming up the floor or whatever else your pet will be touching

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT - WOULDNT RECOMMEND FOR TANKS LESS THAN 20 GALLONS THOUGH, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
Its a great lamp works great everything is fine but it has no divider in side separating the lights its just a hollow inside so i wouldnt recommend for a ten gallon unless you enjoy switching the heat on an off simultaneously within a certain amount of time (currently owning a 10 gallon) i will switch to a 60 gallon tank, but other than the hollow inside (not shown anywhere in the picture) its good i just felt the need to inform.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good combination, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
No more having to deal with 2 separate lights. This works great and I have been using it with my turtles.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is not for use with ceramic heat emitters., March 4, 2013
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
I did not know I could not use this with my heat emitter so it was sent back. I needed a fixture for a basking lamp and the heat emittier. They do not tell you this on Amazon, but it is on the box and also in the description of the item on other websites. I'm sure it works great for 2 heat lamps, but don't buy it thinking you're going to use your ceramic heat emitter in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Box Turtle loves this lamp!!, December 4, 2013
T. Sheets (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
I purchased this with the Zoo Med Basking Bulb Combo Pack Day and Night (75 Watts) and our box turtle loves it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mini Light, August 16, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
We got this for my husband's 55g, he has the screen with hinge in middle so we wanted something that could be put on the back part so we didn't have to move it when opening the screen. It fits perfect, the only thing is when the lid is open it pushes on it and the cords fall down on the hot dome so we bought a plant chain for the ceiling and tied the cords to a cup hook in the wall. All problems solved. I like the dual light so you can turn on off when you don't need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me!, September 10, 2014
This review is from: Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black (Misc.)
This dual dome is working great for my 20L snake vivarium. My daytime internal temps were running too low on average, although I also use a heat mat, and fall/winter hasn't hit yet.

I used this fixture with a 60W heat emitter on one side and small compact flourescent bulb in the other. Both fit without sticking out of the dome, and it looks sharp compared to many other fixtures out there. Black blends in.

I like that each socket has its own cord, because I'm using the heat emitter 24/7.

If needed, you could use this with 2 timers, one day & one night. However, if you want twin bulbs which share the same "On" hours, the extra cord might be annoying.

If your habitat is larger or taller than a standard 10, 15, 20L tank, you might want the larger version of this fixture. Larger bulbs and emitters will not fit.

Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Black