Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: 75|Change

on January 12, 2013
I had problems with these lamps. I got about a week out of one and four days out of the other. I have bought a few Zoo Med products which I've loved, but I say don't waste your money on these lights!
on September 22, 2014
These bulbs don't last long. They were delivered on
UPDATE: I ordered another set (8/24/15) thinking maybe the last one was a bad one. Well the first bulb lasted ONLY 3 DAYS!!! BUYER BEWARE!! THESE BULBS ARE ABSOLUTELY CRAP!

8/30/14. I started using one the next day for 10 hrs every day. Today, 9/22/14 the bulb is already burnt. Didnt even last a month. I rather go to the petstore, spend more money and have something last a few months.
review image
on January 17, 2010
I purchased a double 75w pack of these bulbs. I use them for my uromastyx cage where the basking temp. has to be at 120 degrees and the lights on for 10 hrs a day. The first bulb I used lasted a little more than a month. The second one that I had used didn't even last a month. I feel that this bulb should last longer than this. I used the equivalent bulb from a different brand and it lasted months!
on April 11, 2014
Though I have varying opinions about other Zoo Med products, they sell some of the best heat bulbs. I've tried 4 different brands trying to get my Uromastyx tank to 120* in the basking spot and Zoo Med bulbs are the only ones that have consistently lasted over 6 months. Yes, there's always going to be bad bulbs and some people will receive short-lived ones. But, in my personal experience, these last the longest and provide a great beam of focused heat.
I have been buying these lamps for 7 or 8 years. I had an adult male iguana (has sadly since passed away of old age) and I have a Russian tortoise, and I was using these lamps for both. I would even sometimes use these bulbs when I had a sick bird that needed a bit of extra warmth. (I had an additional UV source for the iguana; was using this one primarily for the heat.)

For years, these were great. They would last me a long enough time that I would forget how old they were. I would hardly ever have to buy replacements, and they provided an appropriate amount of heat for the locations in which I placed them.

And then, about a year ago, something happened. They started burning out in less than a month. Several of them only lasted 2 weeks. I even tried replacing the fixtures they were in. I used both the metal reflective types and the fixtures that are white on the inside and black on the outside. Brand new or old, it wasn't the fixtures -- the bulbs just kept going out.

I was buying them at a physical store and inspecting them before use and nothing LOOKED out of the ordinary. The boxes they came in were in good shape. So it wasn't a problem with shipping, but instead with materials and/or manufacturing.

Anyway, 2 stars because they were good at one time. Perhaps they'll fix whatever is wrong in their manufacturing process and become good again. In the meantime, if you are looking for a replacement item, the PetSmart store brand ones have lasted me for at least 4-5 months so far and are still working as I type this.
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2015
I use these bulbs in domes designed to handle 150 watt, safety ceramic top. I use hinged lids so the dome stays secure (I use springs to secure these bulb to the secured lids) The reason I go to such lengths is because I've learned over time that movement while these are hot are the enemy of these bulbs!!!
I cannot state how they work in humidity, as I use them for heat for bearded dragons (There is no water and therefor a low humidity)
Usually they last roughly 8-12 months and I do run mine 14 hours a day on a surge protector/timer.
The first box I had one bulb lasted two weeks, the second lasted a month. This has NEVER happened and we've owned dragons for YEARS. (we own seven dragons) I think the secret to the longevity we've had with these bulbs has been keeping them secure. HOWEVER, I suspect this company has changed something. I can't put my finger on what, but something has changed. At one point, I'd have given these a five star rating. Right now, I'm shopping for alternatives. I will be giving the seller a separate review of course-- They were exemplary and a great model for other Amazon sellers to follow. I will purchase from JDpowersellers again, I believe this fault is with the light itself, not the seller.
The price was excellent, my package was packed well, and arrived in lightning fast speed. The seller was top notch, the product, however, could be better quality.
on April 29, 2014
I have large aquatic turtle and he loves these bulbs. He comes out of water within 10 minutes of me turning on the light every morning to bask. Make sure you feel how warm and how close the light actually is to your pet with your own hand because lights do warm up pretty hot. Much better deal than pet store who want to charge almost double for one bulb. They have lasted me quite a while so far also.
on March 14, 2014
I have went through alot of these over the years. they are hit and miss. sometimes they last a long time and sometimes they burn out fast. my fixtures get moved around alot, so in all fairness some of the short lived ones could be my fault. for the price, i will keep buying them. they keep my reptiles toasty
on October 24, 2015
I received this two days after ordering. I bought this due to the fact the basking spot lamp that came with my terrarium for my bearded dragons blew.This basking spot lamp is a extremely good buy. I have had it in my lamp and on all the time and it is still going strong and not blew. Last but not least you end up saving $8.70 compared to petsmart or any other store for this exact basking spot lamp.
on November 25, 2004
I have to admit, this product is great for giving off beneficial UVA rays. As for providing heat, a regular house bulb does the job just fine. I tested and compared the temperature difference in the tank with a thermometer and there are no significant changes whether using a regular 100W house bulb and these Zoo Med Repti Basking Bulbs. Regular house bulbs are much cheaper to buy. If you ARE planning to invest in tank fixtures, you should buy a bulb that gives off both UVA + UVB rays, both of which are very important to your reptile's health. A good example of this product would be the Power Sun UVA Bulb from ZooMed. For heat, regular house bulbs about 100W should do the trick. For other reptile care tips go to [...]