Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zoo Med Reptile Turtle Eye Drops, 2.25 oz
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 2.25 Ounces|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 11, 2013
I have 4 inch turtle that had stopped eating. It began to develop very swollen eyes and he seemed to be getting soft (he looked puffed with air almost) I then decided to do various google searches on the symptoms, Vitamin A deficiency kept coming up. I definitely did not have the funds to take a tiny turtle to a vet so I decided to go for these drops. I purchased a heat lamp and began putting 2 drops in each eye twice a day. The turtle got better within 2 weeks. I stopped feeding the turtle bloodworms and switched him to pellets. These drops along with a change in diet and a heat lamp helped my turtle.
on April 26, 2012
I was worried sick when my baby (quarter size) RES had cloudy closed eyes. I'm pretty sure this is becuase there was about a few days between when I got him and properly set up his environment. He wasn't getting the proper UVA/UVB basking he needed. I purchased this at a pet shop, but wanted to review it here because it works great! He was a little lethargic and I put two drops in each eye right after I purchased it. Then I put him under his Mercury Vapor lamp and he stretched his litle neck up and blinked open his eyes!!! I was so excited to see the instant relief that this provided him. It is also very important to try and keep the infected turtle out of the water to let the eyes heal. I kept him in a small dish overnight and then allowed him a tiny bit of water in the morning to drink, pee/poop, and eat. It's not bad to keep them out of water. He's slowly recovering, but I am less worried now. The instructions also recommend using the drops once a week as maintenance. The vitamin A in the drops can't hurt (I assume).

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Don't hesitate to get this even just to keep around JUST IN CASE!

Update: I've used this product for about 1 week now in combination with dry docking him a 1-2 hours a day. He is gaining his strength back and ATE FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY! I am so excited because this is a good sign that he may be getting better!
on May 7, 2015
This stuff works great. I give my turtle two drops of this in each eye twice a week as preventative maintenance. Its very important their water is as clean as possible, but using this stuff a couple times a week is also a great idea. If your turtles eyes are watering or if they are puffy and are closing up, it's because their water isn't clean enough and you need to use this stuff daily until you see their eyes looking normal again. Once their eyes are back to normal reduce the dosage back down to twice a week as maintenance and your turtles will love you for it!
on March 16, 2015
My baby Tortoise developed some ichy eyes either from poor diet or dusty substrate (my fault- both fixed) and for the life of me I could not get him better. I was terribly worried that he would die so after doing some research I found these drops and WOW- it was a very quick recovery! My little buddy runs around all the time now with bright wide eyes :))) Im going to give him a drop a day in each eye as preventative from now on because that scared me too much the first time!

If you are having trouble, also look into Vira-sol 8-in-one drops for birds :) Imfollowed the advice of my breeder and I put a drop of that in his water while he soaks everyday and this has also helped keep him nice and healthy!
on February 13, 2016
previous review denied.... so idk what im allowed to say or not allowed to say. Apparently i can't tell the truth tho, they deny truthful reviews.
So i wont say anything other than im unhappy with my purchase and i give this product one star.
on May 10, 2014
Our turtle developed red, swollen eyes probably due to poor water quality where we have her now. We were treating the water for chlorine and all but we could not heal her eyes. After weeks of her eyes not getting better we ordered this and applied the drops several times a day while keeping her out of the water and within a few days her eyes were all better!!! This is a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a turtle with red swollen eyes.
on April 25, 2010
My turtle, Spike, had cloudy eyes & was unable to catch his food. I went on line & found Zoo Med Turtle Eye Drops. I started medicating his eyes as directed & within two days his eyes were clearing up. At the end of the week his eyes were 100% improved. I recommend Zoo Med Turtle Eye Drops or any other Zoo Med product. I hope you never need them, but if you do, try the Zoo!
on December 19, 2011
My Ornate Box turtle had one eye that was shut up. I put two drops a day on, & with a week she had her eye open. I used this for about two weeks. It did a good job.
on July 24, 2014
This saved my turtle!!! He had very swollen eyes and the vitamins didn't help. I bought him some water drops to purify it and put the eye drops as instructed on the box. He is so happy right now.I'll buy this again just to have in for emergencies
on September 8, 2013
i bought this for my first turtle but it doesn;t work i followed the instructions and nothing i decided to give it another try and one of them opened one eye but after you put them in leave them out of the water for about 30 minutes and then put them back do this for about 1 week