Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 30, 2013
Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection is much better the original Zoo Tycoon. The graphics are very nice, but if you have an older computer, it may not run as smoothly. I would recommend at least 2 gigabytes of memory and 2 gigabytes of hard drive space to have it run well. A newer version of Windows (such as Windows 7, 8 or 10) would be good too. Internet is only needed for the optional downloadable content.

Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate collection comes with four expansion packs along with the original game: Extinct Animals, Marine Mania, African Adventure, and Endangered Species. There are also three modes of play: Campaign mode, Challenge mode, and Freeform mode.

They have added lots of new features in Zoo Tycoon 2, such as Jeep trails you can ride on, sky trams, powerful terrain shaping tools, and you can even uncover fossils in your zoo! There is also a zoo guest mode where you can walk around your park, empty trash cans and stuff, and go into the exhibits and replenish food, fill the water troughs, and clean the animals (this is useful when your zookeepers aren't doing their job very well).

They have also added things such as: ATM machines, diagonal and elevated pathways, a staff center, pony rides, recycle bins, binocular stands for watching the animals, drinking fountains, bouncy houses, and much more.

There are 78 different zoos to choose from, and 130 different animals! There are zebras, giraffes, tigers, monkeys, bears, lions, panthers, horses, elephants, aardvarks, whales, sharks, koalas, beavers, dinosaurs, and a whole lot more.

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to comment and rate my review helpful or unhelpful.
on August 27, 2013
This is an awesome and fun game! I've enjoyed playing it, and I love that they upgraded their programming from the first Zoo Tycoon. Some aspects are still a bit outdated, but it has improved. It arrived on time also, so thanks! Great product.
on September 16, 2013
My grandson who is autistic, loves this game! He can't follow all the instructions but can make it what he wants it to be. He especially loves the dinosaurs and the sharks. He also likes the jeeps and has a whole fleet of them.
on March 13, 2014
I loved Zoo Tycoon 1, and although this new version has some plusses, like more animals, it has abandoned some things too, like the ability to attract visitors by paying for "publicity." I find the graphics sort of cute, but pretty clunky, and the animals and zoo keepers consistently walk through each other. There must be some bugs along with the animals -could there be a zoo without bugs?--because guests are often angry about no food when they are right in front of a restaurant, and animals are thirsty or hungry when they are sitting right in front of their food. The game runs just fine on my Windows 7 laptop.
on April 9, 2016
After having a conversation one night about old computer games I immediately looked to Amazon for an instant download of the game. Although that wasn't an option, I was able to use the Prime shipping option to get it here within two days and it is exactly as I remembered.
Beware: the box is written in Dutch but don't let this worry you because the game is 100% English.
on April 23, 2016
So far, so good. Had to try 2 different windows 7 laptops before I found one that would allow it to download correctly. My son is happy with it thus far, been playing it for about 20 minutes now.....will update later.
on May 26, 2016
Bought this on a nostalgic whim and it was totally worth it. The whole game is here, exactly as I remember. The package showed up on time and in perfect condition--the back is in another language, but the game itself is English.
on April 30, 2014
I had this game when I was younger and lost the CDs, so decided to buy it again to see what it was like. I was pleasantly surprised. The graphics aren't superb, which is to be expected with a game this old. It works great on Windows 7, with only a little bit of lag with the larger zoos. It installed in no time, and loads faster than my computer does when I start it up in the morning. Definitely glad I bought it again.
on November 5, 2015
Sooooo much fun! I played the first one for years. I really like the new features and the improvement in the graphics. I also like being able to work as the zoo keeper and maintenance crew. Very helpful if you're trying to save money. Hugly recommend this if you love animals, want a challenge, like to learn facts about animals, and if you like tycoon style games with scenarios.
on May 19, 2013
Works perfectly had exactly what i wanted thank you could not have been better and it was just the way it needed to be