5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young and old
Published on November 16, 2011 by abycats

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids
I had hoped for more, but for small children it would be a good diversion. I will likely give mine to a kid.
Published 1 month ago by Richard L. Barlow

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young and old, November 16, 2011
This review is from: ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos (Hardcover)
This is a deceptive little book. From the cover you'd guess it just has a slew of cute pictures of freshly born wildcats. Well yes... but that's not all. Each set of pictures is accompanied by the basics -- birth date, name, zoo -- but also far more. The endangered status of each of the species is listed with a compact yet highly literate and helpful description of the characteristics and range of the cat. By the time you're done, you or your child will know far more than you'd expect from just looking at kitty pictures.

I gave this book to a somewhat precocious six-year-old who proudly read the names of each animal showing me many pictures. Because the locations of the zoos are listed, we had a chance to look at maps from around the world to see where each baby lives. It was a joyous, fun but also educational experience for us both.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWWWW!!!!!!, September 27, 2012
I LOVE this book! It is a small sized book filled with the cutest cubs!!! I love big cats and in fact plan to return to school to major in Animal Science in order to work with carnivores--big cats to be precise! But back to this book. Every page is filled with the most beautiful photos of cubs, gives information of each cub, as well as facts about each breed and the sobering fact that many of these are quickly going extinct in the wild, due to poaching, or habitat loss. How sad it would be to live in a world where these beautiful and regal cats no longer exist! How sad too, that cubs like these may never know what living free in the wild is like!

On the other hand, many are being bred in zoos and because of this we are able to see up close these precious and sweet faced cubs. They are all adorable! If you love big cats and cubs, I would definitely recommend this book! I thank the authors and photographers for publishing this. It makes a great addition to my small but growing library of nature books!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, June 27, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth in advertising!, June 3, 2014
Saw this in a brick-n-mortar store, but I knew I could get it cheaper at Amazon. Got it as a gift, and the recipients loved it! It truly is a selection of "newest and cutest" (maybe not as famous as "latest and greatest," but more deserving of consideration, imho). :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhh!, December 20, 2013
Lots of cute kitties. I want them all but I doubt that I would be allowed to have wild cats in my apartment. This is the next best thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Book For Any Young Feline Fanatic, September 15, 2013
My almost 3 year old neice loves this book. She has had a love of domestic cats & kittens from an early age so I gave the book to her as a gift to introduce her to more exotic animals. It's the perfect size for a toddler and has adorable pics. She enjoys looking at the pics and then making up little stories about the animals. A nice addition for a child's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandchild loved, February 27, 2013
My granddaughter loves these books and was thrilled to have them. They are very educational and she loves animals very much!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but tiny, January 5, 2013
I expected this to be a coffeetable book, you know, LARGE, but it's about 4 inches square ! TINY ! Other than the teeny size, it's really cute. If you are a fan of the ZooBorns website, you already know what to expect. I was just shocked it was so tiny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely prescious., July 30, 2012
My daughter gave me this book for Mothers Day. She could not have picked a more perfect book. I keep it at my bedside table and if I can't sleep I look through it and imagine what it would be like to play with these little guys. Its a wonderful book for anyone who loves animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all ages!, December 8, 2011
Sharon (Albuquerque, NM) - See all my reviews
I ordered this book for my 7 y/o son who is a huge Zooborns fan and wants to be a zoologist someday. I thought it might be too juvenile for him; however, the facts on the cats keep his attention while the pictures are just stunning. Even very young children would enjoy looking through the pictures or learning the names of the various cat species. One word of note, the book is much smaller than I anticipated. I didn't read the specs on it so I was surprised when it arrived much smaller than your standard picture book (think board book size but with paper pages). It doesn't detract from the book - it was just surprising to me. Highly recommend this book to any Zooborns, animal, or big cat fan!

ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos
ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos by Andrew Bleiman (Hardcover - November 1, 2011)
$11.99 $10.48