4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Adorable!
This is an adorable collection of photographs of various baby animals -- from tigers to hyenas, aardvarks and fennec foxes. The minimal text that accompanies each photo is nice, giving the animals' name (in most cases) and their species (very cool for kids - or adults - interested in animals as some of the creatures herein are not those typically focused on)...
Published on September 3, 2011 by A. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids
I had hoped for more, but for small children it would be a good diversion. I will likely give mine to a kid.
Published 6 months ago by Richard L. Barlow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Adorable!, September 3, 2011
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)

The photographs are quite good and almost more "portrait-esque" while still focusing on the specific creatureality (a term coined by the fabulous animal adventurer Kratt Brothers, Chris and Martin, tv series "Kratts Creatures" and "Be the Creature" - highly highly highly recommended! Though, for a slightly older audience than this book's target age range).

I didn't read all of the back matter, but it does go into each animal with a little more detail, both on the species and the individual animal (where it's from, where it's currently residing, etc.)

All in all a very cute book and a visual delight!!

***REGARDING THE OTHER ZOOBORN BOOK***
Please be aware that this book contains many - most - of the same pictures/animals in the other ZooBorns book (with the fennec fox on the cover). I almost purchased this book thinking it was the same set up as the "fox" book but with a different collection of animals and pictures. Instead, where the other book is smaller and with a wider variety of text and pictures, this book is larger and definitely more "kid focused" in text and structure. Both are great, but be aware that the pictures are going to be similar. Though, you will get more pictures in the other book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for kids and adults, October 26, 2010
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
I'm not really a fuzzy, cute, baby animal kind of guy. Or so I thought. We bought this book to read for our first child, who is not due until December. But I can tell you that comparing it with all the other kids books we've received, I would MUCH rather read this book 10 times each week than anything else. The pictures are fantastic, the text is witty and educational, and I'm sure our baby is going to love it. There is a blog too ([...]) with lots of other great stuff, and an adult book - ZooBorns - that we just ordered.

Great to stimulate a baby's senses, teach everyone a little about animals, and give parents an enjoyable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very easy read perfect for grades 2-3, November 20, 2010
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
ZOO BORNS! ZOO BABIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD offers seventeen new baby animals from zoo collections all over the globe, and centers on more unusual creatures not typically presented in 'animal babies' titles. From an okapi and a banded mongoose to a pygmy hippo, this offers a very easy read perfect for grades 2-3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teacher Recommended, October 28, 2010
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
I recently bought this book to add to my classroom library. The pictures are vivid and colorful. The story makes a great read aloud. My students loved the cute baby animals and wanted to know more about these animals. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves animals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Educational!, October 24, 2010
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
This book is filled with adorable baby animals and cleaver rhymes describing each of them. I bought several books to give as Christmas gifts this year for my nephews and niece. It will be a fun way for the kids to learn different animal names and I know the adults will love all of the great photos. If you are looking for a gift for a young child or animal lover (of any age) this is a great choice. You can't go wrong with these baby animals!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Special book that little kids can relate to, October 24, 2010
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
My nephew is only 18 months old but he sure to identify with the animal-babies and I know his Mother (My sister) will love it! It's a Christmas gift. I love the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful book, not just for children. There is much to enjoy here., July 24, 2014
This review is from: ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World (Hardcover)
Don't let the pastel lettering fool you. This is a wonderful book whether you share it with a special child or just relax and enjoy it by yourself. This series on baby animals playing with their sibs or pouncing fiercely on their patient mother's tail is one to buy and to give to any child, knowing it will become cherished for a long time. The sturdy covers and bindings ensure that it will last through much cherishing. I have bought several of these delightful books--and I'm not telling how many I've bought for myself at the same time.

A great way to introduce the idea of conservation in a positive way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, June 27, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5-star board book!, November 17, 2013
Very clever with names and species of animals that are rather unusual. Our 2-year-old grandson loved it so much, he memorized it. Pretty amazing to hear one so young mention "ocelot" and "orangutan." There are a few more commonly-known animals like elephant and gorilla, but the others are fascinating.

5.0 out of 5 stars ZooBorns!, March 19, 2013
Helen Flanner (Leavenworth, Kansas USA) - See all my reviews
We sent this book to our grand daughter in Ohio. She is two and one half. Our son said the book rated a 4 or 5 so I'm giving it a 5.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World
ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World by Chris Eastland (Hardcover - October 19, 2010)
$12.99 $10.20