Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 127 questions
votes
It can be done, but not directly. The H4N will allow you to record four channels at once, which are saved as two stereo files. If you have audio software, you can then divide those stereo files into individual mono files. It's a little cumbersome, but it can be done.
Jul 8, 2014 by Jim McClarty
votes
If you use it as an interview microphone, close to the sound source, it should be ok. If you expect to leave it in the middle of the church and be able to hear the priest words, it is not going to work. For that I would suggest use a lavalier mic on the speaker (easier if wireless) and record on the zoom H4N through it's XLR inputs. Good luck
Jun 16, 2014 by Pablo D.
votes
I have used this to record a baby grand and an upright. The built-in mics are great at about a 5' distance. Additionally, you can plug in some other nice condenser mics and record with those as well for a total of FOUR tracks of piano! It's one of the best small, portable recorders, I've owned and I've been a recording engineer and sound for film engineer for 30 years. It's very sturdy and incredibly well-built. SOUND IS MAGNIFICENT.
Apr 8, 2014 by Dana Jae
votes
I've only gotten to that point once and the file was saved. And, especially for an extended "field recording", I can confirm using 32GB HCSD cards successfully. Hope this not only answers your question but provides further encouragement for your pursuits!
Jul 31, 2011 by Inca Rhodes
vote
The microphone in this device is very sensitive. In fact it's too sensitive that you hear all background noise very clearly so it's almost impossible to use outside. Inside I still find a slight hiss and still hear background sounds even in the quietest of rooms. So.. For multiple person interviews the best bet is to use multiple lapel pins connected to one of its interface. In a pinch u can try to use it indoors but be prepared to do some cleanup of noise after u record
Oct 8, 2014 by CJ
vote
China. Engineered in Japan. Manufactured in China.
Nov 20, 2013 by SoCal Recoverer
vote
Hello, I use it for my radio program, and I do believe it would be rather costly for just conversaitons. This is a great recorder very clear.
Feb 12, 2013 by Joseph A. Woods
vote
Mine did, the wind screen fits over both microphones, and there is a hard plastic case that protects the device nicely. I am pleased with mine.
Sep 16, 2014 by Teemark
vote
The manual only shows connecting to a computer via the USB port. You can download the manual for free at: http://www.zoom.co.jp
Sep 3, 2014 by Stephen L. Abbott
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   13   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers