Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

90%
10%
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 18, 2013
This book has the cutest designs and they are so easy to follow, it is amazing!
I highly recommend this book for the beginning crocheters that are ready to move on to bigger projects!
The patterns in this book would help crocheters to learn certain techniques that will be useful later when they plan on making their own original patterns. It sure helped me lots and I am having a fun time designing my own patterns, with some time spent referencing this book.
on September 14, 2013
I have lots and lots of amigurumi patterns and hesitated purchasing yet another book that I really didn't need. However...I am glad I did. I loved book one and after making 2 fun critters (after only 2 days with the book!)I bought book #2. Great creatures, well written patterns, so cute that I have no time to sleep.....must make critters!
on November 8, 2012
I was delighted to receive this book and to see the obvious time and attention to detail that was put into its creation. The instructions are clearly explained, and there is a section at the beginning of the book that describes each stitch that is used, a nice refresher for those of us who don't get to crochet as often as we'd like. The photography is wonderful and shows the personality of each ami. Joke has done a fabulous job of compiling this gem, and I look forward to her next book.
on August 27, 2013
These are great! The animals are adorable. I've made the moose & pony, working on the tiger as we speak. My 15 month old loves his zoomigurumi toys! WoooHoo! Oh yeah and it's relatively easy as long as you follow the directions.
on December 20, 2014
The Zoomigurumi book series is fantastic (have 1-3) and I reference them constantly when I can't figure out how to make a certain shape for amigurumi. This is a useful book for complete beginners, but also has great patterns for the more advanced. Like every other pattern ever written, I don't agree with the difficulty rating associated with each pattern-- I'm of the opinion that no crochet pattern is difficult if you know the stitches, but I've had more difficulty with some of the * (beginner) patterns than the *** (advanced) patterns.

I digress: If you are a beginner, or know someone who is, definitely buy this book.

The only reason I can't give 5 stars is due to the wording in the first part of the book that explains how to do the stitches. For the most part, the diagrams are clear and explain the basic stitches very concisely. However, the explanation of how to do a magic ring (which is where all of these start) is confusing when paired with the diagram. I just found myself saying "That's how you're going to go about explaining that? OOOOOkay....Wait. What!?-- are steps 3 and 4 the exact same diagram? So, the arrow on 4 is where you put your fingers? I thought the arrows were where the yarn went through." But good news! If you're reading this, you must have internet access and can look up videos of how to do basic stitches on YouTube.

A little more on the patterns: I love how they're written when it comes to the stitches. Most other patterns don't utilize "increase" and "decrease"-- this is just a preferential thing. Once again though, some of the wording about assembly is vague. It's not hard to figure it out, but if I'm buying a pattern book, I expect that the language will be more clear.

Another thing to note: There is an accompanying website, where you could buy the patterns one by one. (Obviously, the book is far cheaper than buying each pattern individually.) I'm not factoring the site into my rating, but be warned: some of the patterns that you can only purchase from their website are written by other people... poorly. I confidently purchased a pattern the other day (thinking that I knew it would be written the same way as the ones in this book) and an afternoon project turned into a day project just trying to decipher what the author was trying to communicate.

I obviously get really hung up on words. Someone who is less literal would likely not run into any of the (few) issues that I had.
on October 14, 2013
I'm having a BLAST crocheting these cute little guys!! And my daughter loves it too!! She's really enjoying playing with them. I think the only thing I have to complain about in the books is two things:
1. In a couple of patterns it says you'll need Crochet Hooks F and H. But when you start reading the pattern it doesn't actually tell you WHERE to use the crochet hook. I made the best guess as to using crochet hook F for the body and then H for the clothing since it should be slightly larger for the clothing. But it never really spelled it out like I'd have thought it should.

2. The directions CERTAINLY are for more advanced and skilled crocheters. You don't get everything spelled out for you, so beware! I was trying to make a dress for a Cat pattern and I can't figure out how to attach the sleeves of the dress to the body of the dress. It's a bit confusing and so I just gave up. My daughter was happy with the cat wearing a sleeveless dress, and that's fine. I just want to warn people that you aren't going to get a "hold your hand and molly coddle you" type of book here.

But past that this book is just awesome! Great patterns, really cute! Totally recommend it to any advanced crocheter!!
on October 22, 2013
This book is a must for anyone who creates amigurumis! I have whipped up a few of the designs and they all came out great....I especially appreciate that the directions tell you where to place the eyes - how many rows down & spaces apart from each other. That is a great help. So far it is the only book that does this that I've found....and I have quite a few amigurumi books!
I am really enjoying this book as I've created my own versions of the pattern as well. Like taking the pig pattern and mixing it with another pattern I have in my files to make a bear, etc.
I am thinking about ordering the second book also.
on April 17, 2014
I bought this book for the Monkey on the front, and that is the first pattern I made. The patterns are easy to follow and they are super cute. I wouldn't suggest the book to a beginner, but if you have experience with a hook, and you have the knowledge of Amigurumi, this is a great book to add to your collection!
on May 26, 2014
I made the monkey, piglet, and tiger so far. The monkey came out cute, but if I make another, it needs some way to support the head because it's bigger than the body. If you have basic (or better), crochet instruction skills, you will be able to make these little critters.
on July 5, 2013
The photos in this book are great.
At first, the patterns looked a bit strange. The patterns should have been written with a few dashes, brackets, , ; Etc. Numbers were right next to each other, but I figured it out. Other than that, the patterns are fine.