Join the party with Zumba Fitness, a one-of-a-kind, dance fitness workout set to sexy, high-energy Latin and International music. Find your rhythm and let go as Zumba instructor fan favorites Gina Grant, Tanya Beardsley and Zumba's creator Beto guide you through 30 routines that will work you into a sweat and make you forget you're even exercising. Featuring exclusive music and choreography, Zumba Fitness for Microsoft Kinect* lets you see yourself on screen and naturally dance controller-free in an ultra fun interactive fitness party that's focused on the joy of movement.
Dance Yourself into Shape with Zumba
Ditch your standard workout and bring a Zumba party right into your living room with Zumba Fitness for Xbox 360. Zumba Fitness is a program based on the national dance-based exercise craze, Zumba. The secret of Zumba is its pairing of red-hot international dance steps with sexy Latin music which blend together to create an addictively fun, yet challenging exercise party that is all about movement. The popularity of Zumba has led to packed gyms and community centers all around the country, but now you and your workout/dance partners can join the party at home via your Xbox 360 and attached Kinect sensor.
Red-hot Zumba dance workouts come to Xbox 360 with via Microsoft Kinect. View larger.
Zumba Fitness uses the motion-sensing capabilities of the Kinect sensor to bring the steamy, calorie-burning moves of Zumba to the Xbox 360. The game's primary play mechanic is the replication by player(s) in real-time of dance moves that are demonstrated by an on-screen virtual instructor. The body mapping capabilities of Microsoft Kinect allows this to occur without the need for a controller, unlike other versions of the game. On-screen color changes of a representation of the player in-game alerts you to the accuracy of your moves, while a countdown clock keeps you constantly updated on the time remaining in the routine. Zumba Fitness also includes fan favorite Zumba instructors Tanya, Gina and Zumba's creator Beto, who together guide you through more than 30 routines that will make you forget you are even exercising. Together with four-player support -- both locally and online -- that allows friends to join in the workout, and an ever-present, infectious Latin groove, players have all that they need to dance the weight off and have a blast doing it.
The Kinect Sensor
Previously known as Project Natal, the Kinect sensor allows you to experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect sensor utilizes revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the xbox 360 to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. The sensor is compatible with every Xbox 360 and features a color VGA motion camera (640 x 480 pixel resolution @ 30FPS), a depth camera (640 x 480 pixel resolution @ 30FPS) and an array of four microphones supporting single speaker voice recognition.
- Utilizes the controller-free functionality of Microsoft Kinect to bring the Zumba Fitness experience home with you in the first interactive game based on the successful brand.
- Learn and perfect nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso.
- Includes more than 30 Zumba routines - some exclusive to the game.
- Follow your on-screen Zumba instructor's routine in a high voltage party atmosphere. As you fine tune the steps, the stage and party transforms in dynamic new ways.
- Supports up to four players -- both locally and online -- as you team up and try to earn the highest workout score as a group or play against each other in Zumba Attack! Mode for the ultimate fitness dance off.
- Dance in a range of venues: learn the basics in the Zumba gym and then take the party to a fantasy night club, an industrial factory, a skyscraper rooftop and a futuristic Zumbathon stadium.
- Includes "Learn the Steps" training, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced routines for all skill levels.
- Dance steps learned can be taken with you if you attend a real Zumba class or on the dance floor at your next party.
* Kinect sensor required for play.