Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on November 9, 2013
Zumba Fitness World Party is the latest version of Zumba Fitness to hit the Wii. For those keeping score, the other versions have been Zumba Fitness, Zumba Fitness 2, and Zumba Fitness Core.

When you start the game, you'll see a video of Beto, Priscilla Satori, Gina Grant, Loretta Bates, Peter Lee, Nick Logrea, Melissa Cruz, Heidi Torres, Armando Salcedo, Kass Martin, Eric Aglia, and Dr. B and the Bhenga Bros dancing in locations around the world. It's a great way to introduce you to the instructors and the locales you'll be encountering in the game.

The options on the main menu are:

-World Tour
-Full Class
-Quick Play
-My Zumba
-Options

"World Tour" is a new "adventure mode" where you can travel virtually to different parts of the world. The areas of the world you'll be "visiting" include Brazil, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, India, Los Angeles, and Puerto Rico. When you visit each part of the world, the playlist reflects the music of that region, which is pretty cool. Here are the songs in each region, along with the genres and exercise intensity:

Brazil (Afro Samba, Capoeira, Brazilian Funk, Samba, Axe, Brazillian Pop, Reggae)
Na Ponta Do Pe - Medium Intensity
Batucada Dance - High Intensity
Garota Nacional - Medium Intensity
Ruas Encantadas - High Intensity
Coisa Brasileira - Medium Intensity
Mas Que Nada - High Intensity

Caribbean (Dance Hall, Cumbia, Calypso, Reggae)
---------
Vibes - Warm Up
Marioneta - Medium Intensity
Loco - Medium Intensity
Caribbean Dream - Medium Intensity
Pega Pega - Medium Intensity
True to Myself - Cool Down

Europe (Irish Step, EDM, Burlesque, Russian Folk, Flamenco)
Clarity - Warm Up
The Beggerman Jig - High Intensity
Una De Salao - Medium Intensity
Russian Dances - High Intensity
Put the Gun Down - High Intensity

Hawaii (Hawaiian Pop, Traditional Hula, Modern Tahitian, Hawaiian Reggae)
Maoli Girl - Low Intensity

Mashallah - Medium Intensity
Indian Moonshine - High Intensity
Boro Boro - High Intensity
Kaim Rahe Sardari - High Intensity

Los Angeles (Pop, Hip-Hop, Swing, Blues)
-----------
Exotic - Medium Intensity
Puttin' on the Ritz - High Intensity
Do You Feel Like Moving? - High Intensity
Came Here to Party - High Intensity

Puerto Rico (Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Latin Pop, Reggaeton, Girly Funk, Bomba/Plena)
-----------
Limbo - Medium Intensity
Bailando Por Ahi - Medium Intensity
Echa Pa'lla - Medium Intensity
Corazoncito Bonito - Low Intensity
Perros Salvajes - High Intensity
Aguanile - Medium Intensity
Zumba Boricua - HIgh Intensity

For each country, you earn "Zumba Miles" for dancing to the first two songs, and then use those to unlock subsequent songs. Note that this only applies to the World Tour mode; in the Full Class and Quick Play modes, all 40 songs are already unlocked.

During the course of the "World Tour" you'll unlock "passport stamps", "souvenirs", and "postcards" as you dance. There's really not much challenge to earning these-just dance with some semblance of accuracy and you'll see these goodies awarded to you throughout your dancing.

To get started, you first put your Wii remote into your Zumba Fitness Belt, which is included with the game. There's nothing really special about this belt other than having the Zumba logo on it, it's just a piece of flimsy plastic with a pocket that your put the Wii remote in. As with prior versions of the game, the key is to put the remote "up-side up" so that the power button is closest to your face and the "A" button is facing towards the TV.

Next comes the dancing. You'll see a scene from the area of the world you're visiting, and a Zumba instructor will be in the center of the screen. As with all these kinds of games you'll need to mimic his or her moves as if you're looking in a mirror. You'll also see a running count of the "Zumba Miles" you earn.

You'll also see a number of attractive professional Zumba dancers dancing along; the better you dance, the more Zumba dancers will join in. In a clever touch of humor and realism, in some scenes you'll also see a crowd of "amateur" Zumba dancers in the background who like you and me may not exactly be following the moves correctly (but like you and me, are trying their best).

As with other games of this ilk, you'll also see an animated preview of the next dance move that's coming in a postage stamp-sized window in the upper right-hand corner. I didn't find this very helpful, as it didn't really break down the moves for me, but as I play the game more I can see how this can be helpful in anticipating the next moves.

Unlike previous versions of Zumba Fitness, instead of an animated cartoon figure or a faceless silhouette, you'll see the actual video image of the instructor. This makes it a whole lot easier to pick out the moves they're doing, and is a lot more like a realistic Zumba session than ever before.

When you hit the right moves, you'll see the words "Zumba!", "Nice!" or "Hot!" appear on the screen, and the more precisely you dance, the more stars you earn. To test the motion controls, I did a little experiment where I just sat on the couch and waggled the remote--and sure enough the game was smart enough not to give me credit for doing that. That said, when I actually danced the way I was supposed to, it wasn't difficult for me to get 4 or 5 stars each time--even though my form was really, really bad. It seems that as long as you're "close", the system will reward you for trying. So you're kind of under the "honor system" to really put your all into the dancing and to try to learn the precise moves each time you play.

The "Full Class" option is more like a traditional Zumba class where you can choose one of 15 Short Classes (between 9 and 22 minutes), one of 15 Medium Classes (each about 40 minutes), one of 15 Full Length Classes (about 60 minutes each), or your own custom class. In the Full Classes, you basically dance to songs in the playlist continuously until the time is up. Your star rating will appear under each class, so if you don't hit five stars, you'll have incentive to go and play the class again.

With "Quick Play", you can jump in and start dancing to any of the 40 songs.

"My Zumba" lets you view your progress. You can see how many days you've been playing and get weekly reports on the amount of time you've played, the calories you've burned, the number of sets you've danced. You can also set goals for yourself and view the bonus videos, levels, and awards you've unlocked.

You can also view the postcards (signed by Zumba instructors standing in front of scenes from the different countries) and souvenirs (photos of cultural trinkets and knickknacks) that you've earned in your "World Scrapbook".

This section also has "Learn the Steps" where you can choose a dance style, basic step, and speed and master it. As I mentioned before, there's no training option where they break down each individual song, but by mastering the basic steps for each song you'll basically be able to tie them together when dancing the full songs.

Here are the Dance Styles and Steps you'll be able to practice:

Merengue - 6 Count, Pas De Bouree
Pop - Booty 180, Kick Ball Change
Reggaeton - In-Game Step, Knee Lift
Salsa - In-Game Step, Side Step

Another nice things about the Wii version of the game is that is supports up to four simultaneous dancers, who can be dancing anywhere in the room. With the Xbox 360 (and One) versions, you're limited to two players standing within camera range.

My impression of Zumba World Class is pretty much the same as my reviews of past Zumba games. It's quite literally the next best thing if you can't make it to a real Zumba class. You get instruction from the top Zumba dancers in the world, you get 40 great songs to dance to, and you can dance any time of the day or night.

There are some minor annoyances in the game, mostly having to do with really bad user interface design. To select menus, you need to be ultra precise with the Wii remote to click on menu options, and you generally can't use the arrow button to navigate. During the Tutorial mode, you can't just use the arrow button on your Wii remote to move to the next dance, you need to take out your remote from your belt each time. While you're dancing the World Tour, between songs you'll see a screen that flashes for about half a second, which doesn't give you any time to read what it says. There are many more user interface annoyances that a fourth-generation game really shouldn't have.

Also, anyone who's expecting a game that'll help your Zumba technique might be disappointed in the motion tracking, which really only measures whether you're putting in an effort.

Still, as before, if you're a Zumba enthusiast, chances are you'll be able to overlook the flaws and be very happy with this one. The live action video dancing is an excellent new feature, and the new "world travel theme" that really provides incentives for you to keep dancing.

So the 5 stars I gave it is based on the assumption that if you're on this page you're already a Zumba fans or are someone who's interested in trying Zumba. But for those just looking for a general exercise and fitness game, the user interface annoyances probably move it closer to a 4 star game, and I'd probably still give the edge to a game like Wii Fit U or Your Shape 2013.
88 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
Usually I wait until after Christmas to begin a new Zumba ( I have all of the WII Zumba dance games). I'm so glad I didn't wait. I am having So. Much. Fun. I am 54 years old and working on staying in shape. It's so easy with Zumba. I'm one of those who haven't taken a live Zumba class. I enjoy getting up in the morning & heading right out to the TV & starting to dance. Never having been a dancer, I feel that doing Zumba dance has really helped with my coordination and how I just feel about myself. Let's face it, I'm not exactly young anymore, but I almost feel young when I'm dancing. It's so easy to forget about everything around me. When I realize that I'm smiling while getting a workout, I know I'm enjoying it!
66 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
THIS GAME COMES WITH THE ZUMBA BELT, SO YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY A BELT UNLESS YOU DON'T HAVE ONE.

I preordered this game yesterday on GameStop.com and chose one day shipping. I got the game this morning and I just played it. Oh My Gosh, this game is amazing!!! Out of all the Zumba games, this one is the best! I love Zumba and own the first and second games for the wii. I saw a trailer online for this game and it seemed really cool, so I thought I'd buy it. Let me say, this game is so worth $40. Trust Me!
The graphics are amazing. The people are real people, the game looks exactly like the pictures. It looks like your dancing to an exercise DVD.
The music is amazing too. I love all the songs so far.
The Dances are really fun! I couldn't stop smiling while dancing. I was sweating after one song. I think I'm a pretty good dancer. The dances were hard but I was easily able to catch on. The game has a learn the steps mode, but it's not necessary unless you're a first time dancer. I play the Just Dance games and Zumba, so I'm in pretty good shape. Anyone can learn the moves, it just takes practice.

This game has a new World Tour mode where you can go to different countries and unlock postcards and pictures for your scrapbook. Each Place has songs that match the country and the background is real pictures the developers took when they traveled to each country to make this game.
You can still make your own playlist and you can make a profile too.
Here are all the songs:( You have to unlock most of the songs by getting lots of stars.)

1865(96 Degrees In The Shade)- Sean Na'auao
True To Myself- Ziggy Marley
Una De Salao- Salao
Vibes- Queen lfrica featuring Shaggy
Zumba Borica- Rafa Maya

As you explore the globe you can unlock: behind the scene videos, passport stamps, postcards, souvenirs, fitness tips and achievements.

So, this game is the best zumba game for the wii! I recommend this game for anyone who likes to dance. It doesn't matter if you can dance or not, this game will teach you how to dance. It is also educational because I learned dances from other countries. If your looking for a new way to burn calories and lose weight, this game is for you. What are you waiting for? Buy this game now, you won't regret it!
I never post reviews, but since this game is so amazing, I thought I would put a review. Also, I was not asked from the game company to write this review. I am a regular customer who preordered the game. Buy it now!
44 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2013
I preferred Zumba Core better.

The graphics on World Party are so much better than the first versions of the Zumba games. That being said, there are some aggravating features in the game & graphics.

For example: The salsa dance track: Who's idea was it to have a black/gray stone dance floor with the dance instructor/character wearing black fitness shoes? Makes it very difficult for the player to follow the feet.

The learn-the-step section is not user friendly.

I really enjoyed the music & improved graphics, but for ease of use and fun-factor, I'll stick with Zumba Core.
on November 8, 2013
I loved the idea of learning new dances and enjoying music from all around the world so being a Zumba fan, I didn't hesitate to buy this Wii game. I thought Zumba Fitness 2 was good but this exceeded all my expectations. I've only tried a few of the dances and I found each one pretty easy to follow for the first time. My favorite dance of the day.... Irish dancing! If you love Zumba or just have a love for dancing and good music then try this as a fun way to keep fit.
on July 14, 2014
I must be the only one surprised by all the good reviews. I'll preface this by saying that Zumba Core is the only other Zumba I've done and that I'm only moderately physically fit (I . I got it as a gift and was surprised that I actually liked it since I'm more of a kick-boxing type person. I loaded up the custom class playlist because I liked to be able to control the length and what songs play and ended up with all the international songs and a playlist that lasted about an hour. I figured that since the international songs were my favorite, I would go ahead and get Zumba World.

I was less than impressed. Here's why:

1. The songs are extremely short.
With Zumba Core, the songs were between 3 and 6 minutes long. That allowed for a kind of build up where moves evolved into more difficult and energetic versions. Most of the songs I tried on Zumba World were 2 or 3 minutes long.

2. Only 10 songs in a custom playlist.
With the songs so short, that meant that the custom playlist I made was 25 minutes long. I suppose I could make another playlist to play right after but that seems silly. And the full-length class includes some momentum-killing songs so there's no point to that either.

3. Hard to see what moves the dancers are performing.
While the addition of real dancers is nice, they can be hard to see at times. The background changes to include more dancers the better you do and unfortunately that means zooming out from the instructor so you can see all dancers. Unfortunately, everyone gets so small onscreen that I can hardly tell what they're doing. I have a 32" TV so that could be better on a bigger screen.

4. Not challenging.
As I said above, I am not in spectacular shape. I exercise maybe twice a week (when I remember). Unlike Zumba Core, which left me dripping with sweat and unable to breathe (I'm talking to you 'Jump, Jive, and Wail'), none of the moves in these songs were challenging enough to get my heart rate up.

Lastly, I will say that I liked most of the music. I was hoping there might be more of the Russian or Irish songs I came to like so much, but there's only one of each. The high-intensity Hawaiian song is pretty awesome and is the sole bright spot in this dreary dull game. Maybe I'll just do that song over and over and get really good at the hula.....
on February 2, 2014
I could be a Zumba Wii spokesperson, I love it so much. This game has an awesome compilation of songs, nicely choreographed moves, and a killer workout. 3-4 songs in, and I'm sweating buckets! I'm definitely annoyed about the belt/remote thing, as my waist gets pretty sweaty, and sometimes I jump so hard that the remote falls out! But, that's not the game's fault.
I like the "World party" mode, where you get a series of songs from a certain country or region to dance to in succession. You end up earning postcards, and other random awards, as well as unlock more songs. It makes the whole thing more fun and motivates me to play more to see what else I haven't unlocked yet.
Anyone who owns the previous Wii Zumba disk and/or any of the Just Dance disks will love Zumba world party the best!
on May 31, 2014
My first zumba game was zumba 2. I still love it. This new version has a few good updates, like it tells you how long the class is so you have some idea before you select it. But the different songs are very short so there is a lot of in between time waiting for the next to load. I don't know if it is all that delay or just that the songs and workouts aren't as good, but I just don't feel like I am getting as good of a workout as with zumba 2. I also have zumba core which I would say I like less than zumba 2 but more than this.
on January 28, 2015
Ok I am going to tell everyone what they are really wondering. Yes, you can loose weight and tone up with this game. I bought this game about a month and a half ago. I have been doing the 20 minute classes every single day (only skipped maybe 4 days total). I am 30 years old, and I gained about 8 pounds right after my 30th birthday. I was so bummed, I did not change anything, just my body changed with age. I have NEVER been someone who likes to work out, and I never have had a gym membership. I wanted something I could do at home, work my whole body, and make it seem like a game. This is perfect for that. When I got the game I weighed 133 pound, 6 weeks later, I weight 127.5. People have told me I look thinner. I did not change my diet either- but I always have been a healthy eater. I am very happy and I love it! 20 Minutes makes it very easy to do daily. I like this sooo much, I think I am going to start doing it twice a day. For someone who hates working out, or doesn't want to go to the gym, THIS IS PERFECT!
on January 29, 2014
I like it a lot! Thanks to zumba wii I'm lost 10 lbs. In 2 weeks I couldn't ask for more!?