Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Zune 8gb battery life How is the battery life on this mp3 player. How does it compare to an 8gb ipod nano or other comparable mp3 players?
[UPDATED] asked by Pat on December 13, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Hey Pat,
as a nano + zune user, I guess I can definitely answer to your question here..I have used both players so far and both of them have averagely similar battery life..I feel like my Zune uses a little more battery though but that must be due to wireless syncing..Thing about Zune, I charged it one day, and then left it on my desk for a week with the hold button locked, and after a week, the battery didnt get used up even a little..If you will have access to your laptop/PC in the next 24 hours, then you can be assured your player will run fine with you :)
Mubashar Aftab answered on September 20, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well I just got a new zune 8gb and i feel that the battery empties too fast... in only a 5 hours of listening the battery is half empty =/ ...
Is it normal? What should I do ? Should I return it?
Karen B. Stodard answered on May 14, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Have you upgraded to the latest firmware Karen? The new firmware manages the battery much better. Also, for the first few usages, the battery will not yet utilise its full potential. Make sure you empty it fully before charging it. After a few usages, you will get its optimum performance. If you continuously use it, you should easily get about 12hours of music. But if you turn on and off occasionally, it will draw the battery faster. Also, remember that the wireless is always using the battery too. Turn it off for more listening time :) I hope that helps.
Mubashar Aftab answered on May 15, 2009

A
What exactly is updating firmware?? My 4 GB doesn't work, could that be it?
Jazzabelle answered on November 18, 2009

A
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926770?sd=zune

This is the link that shows you how to update your zune. Hope it helps.
Zune!! answered on January 13, 2010

A
I have return my zune 8G 3 times now and it always does the same thing,if i can get 8 hours of music with NO wifi and display set to low i am lucky.
S. Chad answered on January 15, 2010

A
the wireless feature should be turned off. Always lock the hold button when not using zune. This improved the battery life on my 8 Gb a lot.
Neil Sherman answered on February 11, 2010

A
To really preserve battery life, turn off your zune while you're not using it. Press the back button and press and hold down on the zune pad at the same time fo 5-10 seconds and the zune will turn off instead of just going to sleep. To turn on push the play/pause button. Whatever you do, DO NOT Press and hold the play/pause button and the back button at the same time because this will reset your zune (delete everything). I learned this the hard way.
Hawkeye answered on May 14, 2010

A
Is there a way to turn the FM radio off on a 8gb zune?
M. Thow answered on August 23, 2010

A
I have owned Zune 80 GB for the past 3 years. It worked fine initially. It stayed unused for the, past year or more. Now that I want to use again, it is giving me a lot of problems.
It took hours for the screen to even light up when I started to charge.
The battery is draining dead after being fully charged in hold or off position.
It is abruptly shutting off while playing music, if I touch any button for >>, << or pause.
I cannot turn it on unless I connect it to the computer.
Does anybody know what is going on? .........Ms. Espee.
Aswin Patel answered on March 23, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product