Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 18, 2009
FM Transmitter for Zune HD

Pros:
- Auto Tuning for empty channel frequencies
- 2 Presets
- 3.5mm AUX output
- USB port for charging a second USB powered device such as iPhone, GPS, etc
- Supports Zune HD and older Zune models.

Cons:
- Price is steep
- Sometimes it still tunes to the occupied radio channels
1313 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2010
Most of the reviews already posted are typical of my experience using the radio transmitter feature of this product. Probably due to FCC regulations, the transmitter power is low and prone to interference. Living in the Chicago metropolitan area there is almost always a little background noise, kind of like listening to a casette tape back in the 80s. One thing I have discovered that I did not see on another review is that the transmitter uses the wire between the Zune player and the cigarette lighter for its transmission antenna. When I first started using the device I had the plug and wire inside the center console of my car and the results were terrible. Fully extending the wire and stretching it out helps enormously. I suspect this has something to do with the variation between reviews. Fully extending the wire will result in a usably clear signal. It is not as good as having an "Aux In" but it is certainly listenable.

The device is otherwise well made and works as advertized. Channel selection by "seek" or manual setting is easy and intuitive.
on September 17, 2009
I have never seen a radio tuner cost this much, but made the jump because I wanted to not have wires running all over my vehicle. The autoscan feature is about par with the previous version for the older Zune models. I just preempt that and use the HD radio plug out to go directly into my stereo. I also love the fact i can plug my HD and 80gb models in at the same time to charge! Is it worth the price? Yes, if you do not have an Auxiliary port on your stereo and want to listen in your car, but if you are in a big city with little open spectrum you might find it hard to find an empty channel. :P
on January 25, 2016
I hate this thing. It just doesn't work well, the signal fades in and out, there is constant static, it is impossible to use while driving, so you have to sit in your car like an idiot to find a clear channel, then as you drive it fades out, so your only alternative is to put on something noisy like Tool and turn it up loud enough to drown out the static, which is fabulous when you lose the signal and the Jesus station bleeds back in. Maybe it just isn't L.A. area friendly, too many stations. I should have bought the Monster I was trying to replace, but I wanted to be able to charge and listen, now I have to buy both, 'cause this thing's about to go out the window onto the 405.
on September 10, 2015
Mine works just fine sound is good and transmission worked great no static. It did have some difficulty locating a frequency had to press the seek button a few times because it kept landing on used channels. I do live in a very populated area with lots radio traffic so as I travel to different areas I have to use a different channel which makes the two channel save option handy. One note my vehicle has it's antenna located up front and I read that some of these devices have trouble with ones located in the back I can't say if this particular brand suffers from that though.
on January 5, 2015
This is a good quality product but it doesn't work great for me. It makes it so you can listen to your Zune through the radio. I thought that I could bypass the radio option by using the headphone jack but that didn't work. Where I live the radio signals just aren't great. I used it on an hour drive to a bigger city and I had to keep using the search to get a station to work. Once I finally got there it stayed working and had a good signal. So I think if you are in a more populated area, it would probably work great if you aren't travelling out of the area a lot.
It does have a great search option so that it scans for a blank station then you just adjust your car station to match what it finds.
Overall, I think it's a good product and worth a try, it just doesn't work for us.
on March 30, 2014
This is an excellent product and simple to use! Just connect it to your Zune, plug the other end into the cigarette lighter and let it find an available station. Turn on your radio and set it to the same station displayed by the FM transmitter, and you can now play your music. It will come through crisp and clear. I live in Denver and have travelled from here to and along the west coast and have had no trouble finding an available station. There are two presets available at any time. I purchased a Zune HD Premium Car Pack along with a Zune many years ago (pretty steep price then). Today it was nice to be able to purchase the same quality product for a fraction of the price. I purchased this one to the replace the original, but as it turns out, the original is still working (I will keep this one as a back up - don't know how much longer they will be available). If you have a Zune player, I would highly recommend this product to play your music in your car!
on January 21, 2014
I used to have the older model of the Zune FM transmitter with the controls for the frequency tuner on a separate piece attached to the main unit by another wire, and it worked well and all, but there was much more interference and while you're in your car it would just flop around - or you had to position it juuuuuusst right to get a clear signal (my passenger usually had to hold it). Butcan the premium model streamlines the whole shebang by integrating the tuner and the input jack so you plug the whole thing directly into the Zune itself. Now you have both your Zune and the transmitter in easy reach so you can switch frequencies as easily as you switch songs. I get less interference too. This transmitter is specifically designed for the Zune and won't work with any other mp3 player, but it charges your Zune as it plays your tunes (rhyme intended). The cigarette-lighter plug power source also has a 2nd USB port so you can charge an additional device such as a cell phone or handheld gaming device.
If you're one of the hangers-on to the Zune like me and you're in your car a lot, this is a must-have.
on September 6, 2012
I have a Zune 80g and bought an older vehicle without an auxilliary jack for mp3. Thought this product might work better than some of the other FM transmitters I have tried. IT IS MUCH WORSE THAN ANY OTHER TRANSMITTER I HAVE TRIED. It works ok as long as you are not in motion. If you're moving, it almost instantly starts getting static so you almost wreck trying new frequencies every 5 minutes. I guess it's ok as a car charger but is otherwise pretty much worthless. It has a second USB port for an additional phone of mp3 player and for some reason has an audio out jack. They used to charge $79.00 for this product; I can see why a)Zune went under, and b)the price is now less than half the original retail. I feel ripped for even paying that. If anyone has any hints for optimizing the performance of this product or I am just being dense and not using it properly, please let me know.
on April 26, 2014
I've been needing this for a very long time! I love my Zune HD but hated that I couldn't play in my car. The premium car pack is excellent! My only issue (a very small one) is the static that I sometimes get from the stations, but other than that this thing is awesome! I also love that I can charge my phone or any other USB device while listening to my music!!