Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zune Leather Case for Zune 4/8 GB (Brown)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 12, 2007
I just bought this case for my new 8GB Zune at CompuUSA's going out of business sale. Now where is a geek suppose to hang out without a Fry's within 800 miles?!

Pros:
- Nice quality feel.
- The back and play buttons are nicely protected and easy to press.
- The round/square pad hole works good as a click feature but may hinder touch action on larger fingers.
- The magnetic flip flap works great to keep it shut with no visible magnet marks.
- Taking it in and out is easy (as it should be...see 1st Cons)
- It has a small pocket to put some paper notes.
- Come with a coupon for 1 free song on the house. It's inside the small pocket)
- The inside lining and design is sharp and velvety to the touch.
- If you like Brown.

Cons:

- The Sync hole is covered up by the leather. (You must take out to charge or sync)
- It adds bulk to the unit. (It's over twice the thickness of a naked zune)
- no belt clip or lanyard of any kind.
- no protection for the screen. (not really needed because of the glass screen and the flip cover)
- kind of expensive unless you get a good deal. (Like your favorite local computer store decided to go belly-up)
- if you hate brown.

Overall, it does a good job of protecting the until and does not hinder any of the playback/navigational features.
on February 8, 2008
Enjoy the real Italian leather as it stylishly protects your Zune player. Smooth and soft feel and magnetic latch make this case a great addition to any 4 or 8 GB Zune. controls are easily usable through the case and the screen is not hindered at all when viewing videos or pictures.

Bonus! Comes with a free song download tucked inside the case.

Con Factor: headphone hole at the bottom does not fit many after market headphones or car adapter kits. Zune branded headphones fit perfectly, and the premium headphones by Zune are an excellent buy. Be prepared to remove the Zune from its case when connecting to a car stereo via audio cable or tape deck adapter.
on August 10, 2008
I have been enjoying this case, the look and feel to it. The magnetic bottom to keep it together works good. You can open it up and use it as a stand to watch videos. The Back and Play/Pause buttons are covered but work as good as if they were not. It comes with one free song (79 Microsoft points)in the pocket it has on the inner side of the cover.

My biggest upset is that there is no hole on the bottom of the case to charge your Zune. So you have to take it out to plug it in (this also applies if you don't have a wireless network where you can sync up wirelessly). Although it does protect from scratches, dust can still clutter the screen.

Over all I would recommend this product.
on January 27, 2013
I had previously given a review; however, to repeat, I am very satisfied with this product. It's sleek body, the ease with which it fits in my purse and the presence of the Zune is very nice. I appreciate having this product and the speedy service with which it was delivered.
on July 6, 2008
This case does hold the Zune just fine. The main problem I had with it, though, is that if you want it connected in the bottom, there's no hole for that. There's only one for the earphone jack. So if you want to connect it to the radio transmitter for your car, you can't have it in the case. That's the only problem I have with it.
on May 14, 2012
I have to say that the case was brand new, everything was in great conditions. I do recommend this product to anyone who has a ZUNE and what else can I say... I'm happy with only paying 2$ and getting a brand new case.
on May 1, 2013
Ok first of all 10 bucks for this isn't a a bad deal, but there are a few problems with it. The headphone adapter hole for one is too small, can't get any headphones plugged in. So I used a knife to shave some of the leather out to make the hole wider, works for the little headphones but for my ATH-M50S I have to shave quite a bit more out. Also the magnet is flimsy and the part where cover bends to the rest of the leather is weak, it feels like it could give out but not for many months. I would say its decent protection for the zune, but I wouldn't recommend paying more than $15 tops for this. Not as convenient as it looks. Overall I'd say 3/5 rating.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2008
When it comes to a case, it seems hard to avoid snaps and clips and bungie cords and unnecessary little add-ons.

That is not the case here!

Made to look and function simply, the case does its job while looking quite elegant. The flap on this case has a magnet in it so keeping it shut is not an issue, and very easy to flip open. The buttons are behind a layer on the case, but it's clearly marked where to press - never seen anything like that before myself but I like it!

To top it off with a nice dark brown exterior, the signature Zune pattern on the soft interior, as well as a little card with a code for a free Zune Marketplace song, this case really takes the cake for 4/8GB Zunes.
on January 29, 2009
I had bought this for the simple design of the case and I wasn't dissapointed. The leather is a nice brown color and the magnetic close is a great feature. I don't have to deal with any snaps or buttons.

The only issue that I have with this product is that I cannot use it in my car with the radio transmitter. The hole in the case is not large enough for the transmitter plug to fit into it.
on March 3, 2011
If you are looking for a case to protect your new Zune purchase, in terms of durability I don't think you'll find much better than this (especially for the rock-bottom price!). This is a great little flip-top leather case that is bulky enough to protect the hardware, but light enough to not weigh it down, either.

The only problem with this case is that the charging-port is covered up. Thus, in order to charge or synch the Zune, it must be removed from the case. Just a bad design flaw. Also, the headphone hole may be a tight fit if using an insulated plug.

Overall, this is a great case (if you can handle the design flaws) and will protect your Zune for years to come!