5.0 out of 5 stars Order Up
I bought this from another site and the reviews all said that it ran REALLY small - like, order at least 2 sizes up. My daughter is 11 weeks old and 50th percentile in head circumference. I was debating between the 12 month and the 18 months. (Yes, she's 11 WEEKS - as in, under 3 months ... and I consdiered 12 months and 18 months based on reviews elsewhere)...
Published on October 26, 2012 by Rebecca N

1.0 out of 5 stars It's VERY small!
It's VERY-VERY small hat!
I bought 12M size for my son, but I think it's not fit even for a newborn!
Published 22 months ago by Olga

5.0 out of 5 stars Order Up, October 26, 2012

I ordered the 12 month size since no one on Amazon seemed to mention the size issue.

I'm definitely glad I ordered up. The 12 month goes on without issue, but it's a nice snug fit. I can't imagine smaller fitting. And she really is just average head size.

Aside from the sizing issue - which isn't a problem for me because I ordered right - I LOVE this hat. It is so soft and so stinkin' cute. The "fur" inside is especially silky soft. Much softer than it looks. Love, love this. Which I could order in two different colors, but that seems excessive because it's such a substantial hat and I don't think you'd need more than 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, cute, and snuggly, but watch the size, November 16, 2012
I thought I was playing it safe by ordering size 18m for my 12 month old. He's a pretty average sized baby and I generally buy 12m or 18m clothes for him. He has worn various Zutano hats since birth, and we've never had a size issue before. Not so with this hat! It is ridiculously small! I looked at the size charts (should have done that before ordering) and found that for this hat, my 12 month old baby is in between size 3T and 4T. No joke!

The hat was really nice, but I ended up returning it instead of exchanging it, just because I didn't want to mess around with size issues any more. The hat is very soft, fairly warm, and the color vivid. It had a nice velcro feature that allows it to fasten under the chin. I just don't know what planet Zuntano was on when it calculated the sizing on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars soft, warm, well made and adorable, January 4, 2013
love love love this hat. it surpassed my expectations. it's such a warm and soft hat. great quality. worth every penny. my son looks adorable in it also. i ordered the 12month for my 6 month old and it fits him. i read the other reviews saying to size up so i did.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's VERY small!, February 23, 2013
It's VERY-VERY small hat!
I bought 12M size for my son, but I think it's not fit even for a newborn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs small, but SO CUTE, October 23, 2011
Based on other reviews, I ordered a size 18 months for my 4 month old baby. It fits her good with a little room for her to grow into it. I think she can wear it through 6-7 months. Her head is 16 inches around. The hat is very warm, covers her ears and is adorable on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Compliments, March 19, 2013
My little guy loves his hat. It is perfect for our long snowy winters in MN. We get lots of compliments on it. His head circumference is consistanty 50th percentile and he has fit in this hat from 5 months- current (he is almost 10 months).
One thing I was a little surprised about is that the fur does not line the entire inside of the hat. It is just on the front flap piece and the ear flaps. The inner top and back of the hat is lined with the same fleece as the outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Soft!, May 17, 2014
We get so many compliments on this hat! It's so cute on and very warm. Because of the other reviews regarding the sizing being very small, I got the 12 month, and it is very big on my 6-month-old (enough so that it will slip down over his eyes a bit), but the roominess means he'll be able to wear it longer. The best thing about it is how soft it is; the exterior is a soft microfleece sort of material, and the fur accents are very soft, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The softest hat your baby will ever own, November 28, 2012
Following other reviewers advice, I bought the 12 month size for my six month old grandson---perfect fit. The hat is well made and as soft as butter. The baby doesn't mind wearing this hat at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute and soft!, November 24, 2013
Soft and adorable! My little guy elicits lots of smiles with this on! As others have noted, the furry material is only on the flap and on the sides, not inside the hat, but this is still pretty warm. I would go a size up. I bought the 12 month size and it fits my 6 month old pretty well with a little room to grow (he's in the 30th percentile for weight and height). My son doesn't mind the hat at all. We just let the sides dangle since the velcro that connects them falls way below his chin, so no point.

4.0 out of 5 stars too snug, January 29, 2014
Its warm and really nice. Problem with it is that is the sizing. Its tight on my 5month old yet i boit 12 months - i think its for those with tiny heads.