The 8-inch blade on this knife features a curved cutting edge and a blunt back; chopping, dicing, and mincing duties are simplified--and made safer--by utilizing a quick rocking motion on the cutting edge. Part of the popular Four Star series, the hand-honed blade is made with Henckels' Sintermetal Component Technology (SCT), which allows three different grades of steel to be combined to form a single piece, fusing together the blade, bolster, and tang. What does this mean in layman's terms? It means a strong, high-quality knife that will last a lifetime.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only one of the world's oldest cutlery manufacturers, it's also one of the most well respected, creating bestselling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. --Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| || First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chefs, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
| || The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance. || |
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
J A Henckels Knives Four Star Series 8" Chef's Knives 31071 203 - The Henckels Four Star line is made in Solingen, Germany, and are forged, not stamped. Blade density is improved using the FRIODUR ice-hardening process, which provides a sharper initial edge for easier maintenance over time. Larger knives are crafted using Henckels' exclusive Sinternal Component Technology, which fuses blade, bolster and tang into a single, seamless piece for precision, easy handling, and balance. Part of the Four Star series, this knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel and precision-honed, with a laser-controlled edge, a balanced super-bolster, and a tang that extends to the back of the polypropylene handle, which is permanently bonded for seamless accuracy. Made in Germany, Lifetime Warranty. High-carbon no-stain steel is non-staining and non rusting Precision-honing makes the knives sharper and helps them stay sharper longer Hygienic polypropylene handles are comfortable Knives are dishwasher safe, although not recommended Henckels offers a full lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed