35297-000 Features: -Laser controlled edge is sharper and stays sharper longer because it has a more consistent blade angle. -Full horizontal tang without rivets design for balance. -Twin Four Star collection. -Hand sharpened and polished. Blade Finish: -Stainless Steel. Handle Color: -Black. Handle Material: -Other. Number of Items Included: -7. Pieces Included: -Paring knife. Pieces Included: -Utility knife. Pieces Included: -Kitchen shears. Pieces Included: -Sharpening steel. Dimensions: Overall Product Weight: -6.5 Pounds.
This set places a lot of useful kitchen cutting edges within reach. The set consists of an 8-inch chef's knife, a 6-inch utility knife, a 5-inch serrated utility knife, a 3-inch paring knife, a pair of multipurpose kitchen shears, and a 9-inch sharpening steel to keep knife edges in order. It all fits in a heavy wood block with four extra slots for future acquisitions or old favorites. Except for the fully forged paring knife, the knives in this set--like other top-grade Henckels knives--are formed by a high-tech welding process that combines three steel types into what appears to be a single piece so a knife's parts have distinct characteristics. Traditionalists might insist on single-piece forging for strength, but Henckels says the invisible welds are stronger than the steel. These knife handles don't have full tangs, but they're made of tough polypropylene. Hand washing is recommended. --Fred Brack
Whats in the Box
8-inch chef's, 6-inch utility 5-inch serrated utility, and 3-inch paring, shears, 9-inch sharpening steel, storage block with four extra slots "
From the Manufacturer
| || First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chefs, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
| || The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance. || |
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.