The J.A. Henckels Professional S three-piece starter set provides you with the three must-have knives for your kitchen, plus a bonus sharpening steel. The set includes an 8-inch chef's knife, a 6-inch utility knife, a 4-inch paring knife, and a 9-inch sha
Designed for the aspiring hobby chef, the Professional S series provides the excellence expected from Zwilling J.A. Henckels, the upscale partner of Henckels International. The three knives in this set blend traditional handles with precision-honed state-of-the-art blades. The set includes an 8-inch chef's knife, a 6-inch utility knife, a 4-inch paring knife, and a bonus 9-inch sharpening steel
Professional S blades are superbly constructed of premium high-carbon, no-stain steel that is Friodur ice-hardened for increased ability to hold an edge and take sharpening. The classically styled handles feature the strength of a full tang and triple rivets, while the enhanced bolster adds to the beautiful balance. Henckels recommends washing and drying all fine knives immediately after use. Made in Germany, the set comes with a lifetime warranty. --Ann Bieri
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.