The Japanese version of the chefs knife, the santoku is useful for straight chopping, mincing, and slicing of larger quantities of vegetables and meat. Cooks with smaller hands may prefer this 7-inch blade as the shorter length offers better control while cutting. The width also provides a great platform for transporting chopped vegetables from cutting board to sauté pan. This version of the santoku actually has a hollow edge or oval cut-outs along the blade. The benefit to this blade style is that cooks can cut paper-thin slices and individual slices wont stick to the blade.
Part of the Pro S series of cutlery, this knife has a fully forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade. The blade, bolster, and tang are welded of one piece of metal using Henckelss Sinter Metal Component Technology, which distributes the right quantities of metal to each part of the knife. The result is a longer-lasting edge and a more consistent angle on the blade. The blade has also undergone Henckelss Friodur ice-hardening process, which further strengthens it and protects it from discoloration. The traditional-style black synthetic handle is secured to the tang with three stainless-steel rivets. This santoku is covered by a lifetime warranty. --Cristina Vaamonde
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
J.A. Henckels's Professional S 7-inch santoku knife with hollow edge, scalloped blade: Full tang, three-rivet construction with patented Henckels blade process, enabling knife edge to stay sharper longer and resharpen more easily. German steel, stainless