Henckels Pro S series features commercial-quality, hand-honed blades in high-carbon, stainless steel with triple-riveted Novodur handles bonded to the tang for extreme balance and precision. J.A. Henckels has been manufacturing fine cutlery since 1731. All Henckels knives are forged and feature ultrasharp blades enhanced using the Friodur ice-hardening process. Dishwasher safe. Carries the Henckels lifetime warranty.
This is a classic French chef's knife, with a broad blade and a curved cutting edge for rocking through a chopping task. The 8-inch blade suits most cooks, though those with small hands might prefer a 6-inch knife, and those with bigger hands might choose a 10-inch one. Classic three-rivet handles distinguish Pro S from Henckels's other quality lines, TwinStar, Five Star, and Four Star. Pro S handles are heavier and its knives less weight-forward. The steel used in the Pro S line is identical to that of the Five and Four Star lines. High-tech welding of knives this size and larger combines three steel types into what appears to be a single piece, so a knife's parts have distinct characteristics: a hard edge; a strong, stain-resistant bolster; and a stain- and corrosion-resistant tang. Traditionalists insist on single-piece forging for strength, but Henckels says the invisible welds are actually stronger than the steel. While this chef's knife is dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckels Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckels's Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.