A revelation to any cook with a drawer full of stained, blunt knives, this set satisfies every basic kitchen-cutlery need in a package compact enough to keep on the counter within easy reach. The set includes a 2-3/4-inch paring/boning knife, a 4-inch paring knife, a 5-inch serrated utility knife, a 6-inch utility knife, a 7-inch hollow-edge santoku, and an 8-inch chef's knife. A 9-inch sharpening steel keeps their edges in order, and a pair of kitchen shears to snip herbs, flowers, or string is also included. Everything fits snugly in the rubber-footed, solid hardwood block. Henckels's Pro S knives have heavy, three-rivet handles and are less weight-forward than those in the company's other lines. Their handles are also smaller, a feature those with small hands might appreciate. While this set is dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
This Twin Pro S nine-piece set includes 2-3/4-inch paring/boning knife, 4-inch paring/utility knife, 5-inch serrated/utility knife, 6-inch utility/sandwich knife, 7-inch hollow-edge santoku knife, 8-inch chef's knife, 9-inch sharpening steel, kitchen shea
Dishwasher safe (Not recommended by J.A. Henckels)