One of the newest premium lines from Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Twin Cuisine was introduced in 2004 with a major revelation: it's the first high-quality forged cutlery line to feature a molded handle with a visible, full-length tang that runs horizontally. In fact, the handle is absolutely stunning, with the shiny tang curving slightly as it courses through the black nonslip polypropylene. With no rivets or gaps, the ergonomic handle provides seamless comfort, while the full tang adds weight for precision balance. The single-piece blade, forged from high-carbon, no-stain steel and strengthened in Henckels's exclusive Friodur ice-hardening process, retains its sharp edge through extensive cutting and chopping. Made in Germany and covered by a lifetime warranty, Twin Cuisine knives are dishwasher-safe but are best cared for when washed and dried by hand.
The Twin Cuisine 8-inch chef's knife is practically a kitchen necessity. The pointed, curved blade allows the knife to rock with ease, which enhances the speed and precision of slicing carrots, mincing garlic and parsley, and dicing onions. The weight of the large knife may take some getting used to, but the superb balance lends itself to every task. An all-purpose workhorse of a knife with a very satisfying feel, the Twin Cuisine chef's knife makes an excellent gift for any seasoned or aspiring chef. --Ann Bieri
From the Manufacturer
| || Twin Cuisine is the first quality forged knife to combine the comfort of a truly ergonomic, molded handle with the precision weight and balance of a full horizontal tang. Plus, the Twin Cuisine’s exclusive, award-winning patented handle design is a new standard in fine cutlery (U.S. design patent #D524,121). The series is available in many styles for numerous cutting tasks. Twin Cuisine is also available in a variety of block sets and gift sets. The Twin Cuisine series truly is a masterful blend of form and function. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Cuisine knives are traditionally forged from a single piece of J.A. Henckels’s exclusive high-carbon, no-stain steel formula. The result is a knife with high durability, professional strength, and weight. Twin Cuisine also uses J.A. Henckels’s Friodur ice-hardening process, which results in a blade that has excellent cutting-edge retention and corrosion resistance. The blade edge is precision honed and laser controlled to maintain a sharper and consistent blade angle.
New Ergonomic Handle Technology
| || The Twin Cuisine handle features exclusive new and innovative handle technology: a full horizontal tang without rivets. High-impact polypropylene is bonded with J.A. Henckels’s high-carbon, no-stain steel, resulting in a remarkably comfortable handle with a smooth shape and no gaps. The world-famous Zwilling J.A. Henckels logo is etched on the end of every Twin Cuisine knife handle, indicating its quality. || |
- Traditional one-piece hot drop-forged construction: Provides high durability, strength, and weight.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- New, patented full horizontal handle tang without rivets: Provides a strong, smooth, comfortable handle with great control and balanced design.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision-honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (although hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Twin Cuisine is the latest addition to the J.A. Henckels family of fine cutlery. This 8-inch chef's knife is one-piece precision forged, with excellent cutting retention, corrosion resistance, and an exclusive ergonomic handle design. The 8-inch chef's