J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 18-piece set contains a complete assortment of quality kitchen knives and accessories. The set includes: 3-inch vegetable knife (kudamono fine edge), 4-inch parer, 5-inch serrated utility, 6-inch utility knife, 7-inch hollow edg
This set supplies a cook with just about every cutting edge, all stored on the countertop. It consists of seven kitchen knives (2-3/4-inch peeler, 2-3/4-inch paring knife, 8-inch chef's knife, 4-inch utility knife, 5-inch serrated knife, 5-inch Santoku, 8-inch bread knife), eight steak knives, kitchen shears, a sharpening steel, and a heavy wood block with slots for everything, plus two extra slots. It also includes a bonus Zwilling cookbook CD. Classic three-rivet handles distinguish Pro S from the company's other quality knives. Pro S handles are heavier and its knives less weight-forward. Handles are also smaller, which the small-handed might appreciate. Like other top-grade Henckels knives (except for the fully forged paring knife), Pro S blades are formed by a high-tech welding process that combines three steel types into what appears to be a single piece, so a knife's parts have distinct characteristics. Traditionalists might insist on single-piece forging for strength, but Henckels says the invisible welds are stronger than the steel. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--it’s a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chef’s, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckels’s Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckels’s Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that won’t wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.