Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 26, 2011
I have never owned a straight razor before this one. I do however own a complete set of the 'Four Star' knives and steak knives. This razor exudes quality and holds a beautiful edge. With a nice Strop, this gives an excellent shave right out of the box and looks elegant while doing it. My razor also came with a black fibre-glass handle which is not what I wanted. With that said, the razor is clearly quality and I am very pleased with it.

Oh, I highly recommend using YouTube to track down some tutorials on straight razor shaving! They helped me immensely.
on December 8, 2011
Very fine craftsmanship.
It has a good feel in the hand very delicate and precise.
I read the reviews and was hoping for a black one not white as pictured and I did received a black one.
This is a nice razor and comes very sharp unlike most new straight razors it does not need to be honed before its first use just a quick stropping.
The metal case is thin mate finish sheet metal think high quality Altoids tin. The case has a nice closed cell form fit foam insert good to protect razor for travel in a suitcase.
The razor must be completely dry before putting it back in the case. I ordered a stand to sit it in so any residual moisture could completely dry. I don't have any small children around so I don't have to worry about any curious little fingers. I will still have to stash it when I have guests to prevent accidents as just dragging a thumb over it is not good for the edge. I haven't had it for long but am satisfied with it. I used to use a straight razor back in college. Shaving with a straight razor is a lot harder than I remember and will take some practice to relearn how to do it safely. Or it could be I am just less fool hardy now.
on January 8, 2013
I bought this razor as a start in using straight razors to shave. I wanted to buy a razor that was of good steel and Henckels is a well known producer of good blades. The experience is different than I imagined, but I still enjoy it.
on January 21, 2012
This razor is much better than the standard Dovo, but still not as good as the old Henckels, which you will pay dearly for. Nevertheless, it's still a great razor...still need to be honed, etc. Just as any straight razor, you do have to watch storage moisture (don't store it in the bathroom) and wipe clean every shave. Otherwise, it'll rust. It's also black.
on July 24, 2012
Razor good - just keep in mind before purchasing this razor that you need to sharpen it as it isn't sharp out of the box.
on July 24, 2011
I like it very nice however I got a black handle razor. Nice box but I really expected it as pictured beware if ordering