4.0 out of 5 stars A good set, and a not so bad value either.
Published on December 27, 2007 by KMull

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great
Published on June 5, 2007 by Steve in NY

4.0 out of 5 stars A good set, and a not so bad value either., December 27, 2007
KMull (Providence, RI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature Stainless-Steel 11-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
As far as the premium henckels knife sets go, this one is one of the cheaper ones. They were a gift for my mother and a extreme upgrade over the old dull knives she had been beating on for years. Its hard to find a good henckels set (not those henckels international ones) for $200 or less. These knives were about $200 which compared to the top of the line sets from other brands. As a general rule, if I can find what I need from a respected brand, even if its not that brands best product, I will always choose that over something from an inferior brand, at the same price.

Out of the box the high quality of the knives is evident. I was looking for sets with all the knives you could want without wasting money on steak knives. This set is perfect. If your like my mom, and are transitioning from a dull set, be careful! After a few nicks, you will stop underestimating their sharpness.

Unfortunately they tell you not to put them in the dishwasher. I cant blame them for trying to protect their product but I cant say they are going to be washed by hand all the time either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Knife and block review, February 24, 2008
We bought this set as a Christmas gift to ourselves, because the $10 knife set I bought from Wal-Mart years ago was never very good in the first place and we wanted to stop fighting to cut through food.

These knives are fabulous. There is a large variety to choose from, and they all cut through vegetables and meat like butter. I am in love with the knives.

I would have given 5 stars, but the one thing I hate about the set is the pre-fab "one size fits all" knife block. I can't stand it. I would much prefer a block where the slots are cut to the size of the blades. I would suggest if that is a pet peeve of yours as well, to go out and find a new block that you like. We are in the process of doing so ourselves.

Otherwise the set is great. I have always heard great things about Henckels, and knew that they were the knife set I wanted. Upon use, I am glad to find out that they are just as great as I had heard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, June 5, 2007
I was always awed by the quality of the Henckels's brand knife and decided to finally take the plunge and shell out the $300 for the block and steak knives. While there is absolutely no comparison to the crappy knives I got at Target 2 years ago, I was a little dissapointed overall. The knives, while extremely sharp, actually feel a bit flimsy in the hand. I'm not suggesting one try to cut a can of beans in half with one of these, but the feel of the knives, especially the smaller, ones was a bit underwhelming. I did research after this purchase and discovered that this particular set is essentially a starter set and that there are several higher quality Henckel models whose cost is into the thousands.

So I suppose for the money the knives were a decent deal but don't expect top-of-the line performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Henckels--a sharp deal, January 9, 2007
Excellent quality knives--very sharp--don't cut yourself. Amazon had lowest price around. Delivery was on schedule.

Minor annoyance--advertising claims knives are dishwasher safe, but Henckels does not recommend putting in dishwasher. We are following the manufacturer's advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wood Block does not fit the knifes set, September 30, 2011
Knifes are excellent good quality and Germans but wood block really does not fit the knifes set, and is low finishing (made in China)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved them, November 2, 2006
I bought these for my step-dad as a gift. He absolutely loves them! They are superb knives. He cannot stop talking about how wonderfully sharp they are and how they can cut with ease.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Knives, January 10, 2013
Even though they are supposed to be durable they blades do get bent, so it's important to use the sharpening tool (included in the kit) especially on the knives used often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, October 27, 2012
Mushjet (Miami, Fl USA) - See all my reviews
After years of using cheap knife sets my husband was complaining about the knifes we were using. I decided to buy this set for him for his birthday. We will never go back to using the cheap knife sets again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect knives, awesome set!, May 13, 2012
These knives are amazing and super sharp. They cut extremely well! The only down side at all to this set is there are no steak knives but that is a matter of just buying them! Totally would recommend to any and everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars knives are great. not so much for the block, August 19, 2011
i love these knives! they are individually packaged when they arrive, and the quality of them is incredible. my only beef with this product is the block. It has a slot for the same number of knives that it comes with, but the actual slots don't make sense. you end up with the smaller knives in slots that are way too big for them.

Rate and Discover Movies