|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ZyXEL ZyWALL USG50 Internet Security Firewall with Dual-WAN, 4 Gigabit LAN/DMZ Ports, 5 IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, and 3G WAN Support
|Price:||$209.39 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$75.60 (27%)|
Order it now.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Hybrid VPN, both SSL and IPSec VPNs supported for flexible deployment.
- Comprehensive threat protection with firewall,VPN,anti-virus,content filtering,anti-spam,Intrusion detection & prevention to secure front line threats
- IM/P2P management can prevent P2P or Instant Messaging applications to increase productivity.
- User-aware policy engine can set bandwith or network access based on user login
- Network resilience with multiple WANs, 3G cellular support, and device high availability
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: ZyXEL ZyWALL USG50 Internet Security Firewall with Dual-WAN, 4 Gigabit LAN/DMZ Ports, 5 IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, and 3G WAN Support
Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router (RV320K9NA) B00DGH08OC
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||J-Electronics||Amazon.com||JF3 Technology|
|Data Transfer Rate||100||400||300||1|
|Total Lan Ports||4||4||5||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||Information not provided||802 11 ABGN||802 11 ABG||802 11 ABGN|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Big Security for Small Businesses -Unified Security Gateway ZyWALL USG20W
The ZyWALL USG50 is a Unified Security Gateway designed to provide complete, enterprise-level advanced security solutions to Small and Home Office networks, recommended for up to 10 PC users. Its flexible configuration is designed to help network administrators efficiently set up, manage, and enforce network security policies.
The USG50 features a 180Mbps throughput ICSA certified SPI Firewall, and is designed with state of the art security features including a granular, easily manageable Content Filter; choice of ZyXEL or Kaspersky Anti-Virus; Anti-Spam; and IDP (Intrusion Detection and Prevention) for maximum network security. It also provides bandwidth management for QoS of VoIP, videoconferencing, and other important applications, as well as multiple-WAN Failover and Load Balancing. IPSec, SSL, and L2TP* VPN functionality allows telecommuters and home workers quick and easy access to corporate resources with most any device or network setup.
Built with powerful Integrated High Performance Security architecture designed for Gigabit connections, a VPN throughput of 90Mbps, a UTM throughput of 24Mbps, up to 10,000 max sessions and 10 concurrent IPSec VPN tunnels, the USG50 has the power to monitor and protect even high-throughput networks without sacrificing performance.
With 4x Gigabit LAN/DMZ and 2x Gigabit WAN interfaces you can load balance and failover multiple ISP links, allowing you to safeguard even the largest high-bandwidth environments.
- Comprehensive threat protection with firewall, VPN, anti-virus** content filtering** anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention**to secure networks against front line threats.
- Robust hybrid VPN (IPSec, SSL, and L2TP*)
- Easily connect with mobile devices
- IPv6 Support
- QoS options for latency-sensitive applications
- Compatible with Vantage Reporting and Management software
- 30day trial of the antivirus software
* Enabled by ZLD3.0 firmware upgrade
** Yearly subscription required
Flexible, secure VPN options
The USG50 is designed to allow secure VPN connections no matter what device or network settings are being used. IPSec VPN support allows secure connections to branch offices, partners, and headquarters; road warriors and telecommuters can use SSL to securely access the company network without having to install VPN software.
Easy Mobile Access
The new ZLD3.0 firmware upgrade enables L2TP support on all USG devices, making it easy for Android, iOS, and other mobile devices to establish VPN tunnels to remote networks directly from their native settings.
Comprehensive frontline threat protection
The USG50 employs a comprehensive suite of security systems to proactively protect networks from threats before they ever reach networked devices.
- ZyXEL’s anti-spam service eliminates spam, phishing, virus, and malware e-mail threats before they ever reach company inboxes while ensuring legitimate messages don’t get lost in the deluge.
- Administrators can choose between BlueCoat and Commtouch web filtering services to allow administrators to quickly and easily block websites both by category and by specific URL in order to protect networks from inappropriate web traffic, as well as to prevent viruses and spyware from forcing computers on a protected network to ‘phone home,’ saving bandwidth and preventing security breaches.
- ZyXEL’s signature-based Intrusion Detection and Prevention service allows network administrators granular control over the network functionality of specific applications while providing an added layer of defense from the most dangerous Trojans and backdoor applications on the internet today. With support for up to 2,500 signatures for the most common threats, IDP provides a powerful defense against threats to your network – both from the outside and from within.
- Gateway virus protection acts as a first line of defense from the worst viruses and malware on the internet. A 24/7 service with constant updates, administrators can choose between ZyXEL’s ICSA-Certified anti-virus or Kaspersky’s award winning virus protection system to keep the most dangerous viruses and malware from ever reaching a protected network.
- The USG50’s Content Filtering service is an integrated security system powered by an administrator’s choice of BlueCoat or Commtouch filtering services. The service is designed to allow administrators to quickly and easily block websites both by category and by specific URL in order to protect networks from inappropriate web traffic, as well as to prevent viruses and spyware from forcing computers on a protected network to ‘phone home,’ saving bandwidth and preventing security breaches.
With the advent of the new ZLD3.0 firmware, the USG50 is fully compatible with both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Full backward compatibility allows VPN tunnels to be created between networks newly upgraded to IPv6 and older IPv4 networks, ensuring a seamless transition and painless network upgrades.
The USG50’s network optimization functionality makes it far more than a network security device. Support for multiple WANs allows the USG to load-balance and fail-over, protecting networks from congestion and downtime. Bandwidth management options let administrators prioritize latency-sensitive applications like VoIP and videoconferencing, ensuring high-quality connections without lag or performance issues.
Vantage Management and Reporting
The USG50 supports the use of ZyXEL’s Vantage CNM and Vantage Reporting software, allowing centralized management and monitoring of multiple ZyWALL devices on a single network.
Vantage Reporting offers a comprehensive set of real-time and historical reports including firewall attacks, bandwidth usage, website usage, and more - all organized into an automated, easy-to-read format that can be viewed from anywhere. Administrators can use this data to easily identify security problems and their causes and take prompt action.
Vantage CNM provides a suite of diagnostic and management tools that allows management of multiple ZyWALL devices from a centralized interface, reducing the time, cost, and complexity involved in VPN and security management. VPN monitoring allows network administrators to actively troubleshoot VPN problems as they occur, while centralized configuration of UTM functionality allows network administrators to manage license subscriptions, update devices, and isolate and repair security problems across all ZyWALL devices on a network.
ZyWALL USG Series Firewall Comparison
| || |
|Recommended number of PC Users||1-5||1-5||1-10||10-25||25-50||50-75||75-200||200-500|
|Unlimited User (No Per Node Limitation)|| || || || || || || || |
|High Performance multi-layer threat Protection|| || || || || || || || |
|10/100/1000 Interfaces (ALL GbE Copper)||4x LAN/DMZ, 1x WAN||4x LAN/DMZ, 1x WAN||4x LAN/DMZ, 2x WAN||5x LAN/DMZ, 2x WAN||5x LAN/DMZ, 2x WAN |
|7x Configurable||5x Configurable||6x Configurable|
System Capacity and Performance
|SPI Firewall Throughput (Mbps) (Largest Packet Size)||150||150||180||180||250||300||400||2000|
|VPN Throughput (AES)(Mbps) |
(Largest Packet Size)
|UTM Throughput (AV+IDP) (Mbps)(Largest Packet Size)||24||30||40||80||100||400|
|Max Concurrent IPSec VPN Tunnels||5||5||5||50||100||200||1000||2000|
|Max Concurrent SSL VPN Tunnels||1||1||5||5||10||25||250||750|
|Included SSL VPN Users||1||1||2||2||2||2||5||5|
|VPN Support||IPSec / SSL||IPSec / SSL||IPSec / SSL||IPSec / SSL/L2TP||IPSec / SSL/L2TP||IPSec / SSL/L2TP||IPSec / SSL/L2TP||IPSec / SSL/L2TP|
|Multiple WAN Load Balance / Fail Over|| || || || || || |
|iCard Antispam (Commtouch) 1 Year||ICAS1YUSG20WC||ICAS1YUSG20C||ICAS1YUSG50C||ICAS1YUSG100C||ICAS1YUSG200C||ICAS1YUSG300C||ICAS1YUSG1000C||ICAS1YUSG2000C|
|Anti-Virus (ZyXEL or Kaspersky) 1 Year|| |
|IDP (ZyXEL) 1 Year||ICID1YUSG50||ICID1YUSG100||ICID1YUSG200||ICID1YUSG300||ICID1YUSG1000||ICID1YUSG2000|
|iCard Content Filtering (BlueCoat or Commtouch) 1 Year|| |
|Total Security Service Kit(1 Year Kaspersky AV, 1 Year ZyXEL IDP, 1 Year BlueCoat CF bundle)||ICTS1YUSG50||ICTS1YUSG100||ICTS1YUSG200||ICTS1YUSG300||ICTS1YUSG1000||ICTS1YUSG2000|
|iCard SSL Upgrade Licenses(One Time)||2-5 Users SSL2TO5USG50||2-5 Users SSL2TO5USG100||2-10 Users |
2-10 Users SSL2TO10USG300
5-250 Users SSL5TO250USG2000
Top Customer Reviews
SSL VPN (ridiculously easy to configure, and there is a network extension option so that you can actually be put on the network and have full access to your resources)
Extensive firewall options (seriously there's a ton of options)
Ability to integrate with Active Directory (I use this with the ssl vpn, can be kind of tricky to configure though)
Bandwidth Management (very flexible options for this, you can really lock down how much bandwidth devices/programs can have and set priorities as well)
Object based (this is really useful, instead of specifying IP address in NAT/Firewall/BWM you can create objects and then specify the object so that in case you need to change it, you only need to change it in one location. You can even group objects together to consolidate firewall/BWM rules)
True DMZ (you can actually dedicate a port to the DMZ and then just have the others on lan subnets)
Free U.S. based technical support for the life of the unit (I called them before purchasing the unit to get information on it and the gentlemen was very courteous and knowledgeable. It's comforting to know that if I have issues I can get a hold of someone, who is American, within minutes). The firmware updates are free for the life of the unit as well.Read more ›
Setup for the device seems complicated at first, with assigning ip's to machines, ports to groups, and other things that I've not encountered with a firewall before. But these extra steps in the beginning save so much time later on. Instead of having routes and many firewall rules assigned to an ip, you would assign it to a virtual object stored in the zywall which has all of it's information. So when a change to the machines ip is required you don't have to go in and change every single rule and route, you just modify the virtual object and your done.
So far it's done everything we've needed and suprised us with its flexibility. And it would have 5 stars from me except for one slight failing. The vpn setup is a bit unruly when it comes to macs. Just for a standard vpn it requires a free 3rd party program (ipsecuritas) with a bit of setup that a normal user would balk at. Also the ssl vpn which ZyXEL boasts about is just a no go for macs, it just isn't supported.
It's a great product for a great price. It does everything well except for the vpn working with macs. If they can fix that then they would get 5 stars from me.
* Hardware appears to be solid
* GigE ports
* Stable software
* Good set of built-in non-subscription security features
* Very stable VPN implementation
* Very usable SSL VPN (does not require a subscription)
* Excellent throughput with security features turned on for the price
* The process of renewing IDP, AV, Content Filtering subscriptions is convoluted
* The built-in reporting functionality is somewhat limited (e.g. Content Filter reports) and the server-based report functionality does not seem to be implemented
* The quality of Content Filtering (AppPatrol) and IDP is questionable - protocols are miss-recognized and I am getting some false positives from the IDP
* ZyXEL support is non-responsive
* Functionality is rather limited unless you pay ~$220 / year for the subscription services - none of the promotional materials mention that you only get 30 days of IDP, AV, Anit-SPAM, and Content Filtering
I have used the ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 PLUS Internet Security Firewall, 4 Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch, w/ 5 IPSec VPN Tunnelsand the (discontinued) 1P for several years without issue; primarily for maintaining an IPSEC VPN tunnel. While the 2 Plus and 1P were more consumer grade, the USG20 is a step beyond. It has a plethora of configuration options available, and wringing out optimal performance from the device is not for the faint of heart. Having a background in network configuration will make the job easier, otherwise, plan to spend some time with the instruction manual.
ZyXEL's online resources, customer support and forum support are very good; they strive to make sure your problems get solved. They offer timely firmware updates to correct problems.
The ZyWALL USG20 not only has basic packet inspection firewall and traffic anomaly detection functionality, but has a significant number of features at this price point:
* Flexible Security Zones
* IPSEC and SSL VPN
* Bandwidth Management
* Content filtering/ Anti-SPAM
The UI is somewhat straightforward, however, the concept of Objects may confuse some. Objects are used to define re-used elements throughout the configuration. For example, an IP address range may be defined and named IP_RANGE_1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Firewall means protection from outside (i.e. IPS built-in should be as part of the device because NATTING is obsolete and can't be considered as next generation firewall especially... Read morePublished 10 days ago by regular_guy
not worth $200. should be $100 to $150 max. this firewall makes SSL vpn easy which is the best feature I can see. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Brian
Love this security firewall. No problems configuring this unit to fit my private addresses setup network with 6 PCs, 2 network color laser printers, 1 black and white network... Read morePublished 2 months ago by John in SoCal
Worked exactly as promised. Much more reliable than previous home routers.Published 2 months ago by SB
Some pretty big annoyances, but all-in-all it has been stable: more important than anything.
Does NOT support IDS/IDP subscription services, so be aware of that. Read more
I purchased this in good faith based upon these reviews. What a crock. I guess this is an opportunity for everyone to show off their technical knowledge, no matter how expensive... Read morePublished 4 months ago by DC in FL
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.