Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 10, 2012
This tool was recommended by SmartShopper magazine so I bought it. It works, but is not easy to use. The safety features are commendable but the feed port is small requiring pre cutting vegetables to a size that fits. It is also difficult to slice soft foods due to the pressure required to feed the food into the slicer. I think there might be better options out there and should have looked further before purchasing.
on March 3, 2012
We had been used to our friend's nice and sturdy mandolin before we got this one as a gift. It bends and creaks under the stress of intended use. Seriously, did the designers use this thing even once? I'll give it this: the blade is sharp. BUT the cuts are not parallel; one side is always thicker than the other. The safety holder slides along a track, but it regularly falls off and hardly even holds the vegetables in place.

We got ourselves a better mandolin from another brand and have no idea what to do with this one. We'd feel bad giving it away as a gift. Trash, I guess.
on January 6, 2012
This mandoline slices everything easily, even tomatoes. I've tried many in which the vegetable just stops at the blade. This serrated blade does the job! Sturdy, good quality, nice looking. Has a retractable blade guard for safety.
on May 11, 2013
We bought this to mostly slice veggies for salads. The tool that is used to hold whatever you plan on cutting is pretty useless so be prepared to hold the item you are cutting with your bare hands. This means that 1)Your hands are in danger of being sliced and 2) You are always left holding a piece of the item left uncut. As a result, you either have to finish cutting with a knife or toss away the remainder. Other than this issue, we still use the Zyliss and find that it cuts the bulk of our veggies (cucumbers, peppers, carrots, celery) well. Just watch your hands and be prepared to complete cutting with a good old kitchen knife.
on January 31, 2013
I've had a couple of these in the past but didn't use them. The first time I tried this I did a wonderful job of taking a piece out of the end of my finger!! It HURT. Suffice it to say, I now use the guard. I will wholeheartedly vouch for the sharpness of the blade, the ease of use and how quickly you can get the job done.
on May 23, 2012
I had seen this product reviewed on Consumers Report shopping guide and decided to give it a try. While it doesn't have all of the attachments that my $150.00 mandolin has (which I almost never use) it is so quick and easy, as well as safe, that I use it a lot more than the mandolin which is much harder to set up and adjust. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on December 27, 2011
That said ... The slicer is super sharp, actually sliced the tip of my finger and nail off because food holder does not grip and hold food items securely,and if it's too small, you end up using a knife to slice it anyway. I am thinking spending a lot more for a real mandolin might have been a wiser choice.Zyliss Smart Guard Slicer
on December 14, 2015
About sliced my pinky off with these amazing veggie slicers. Better the carrot than my finger! Because I value my skin enough and hate the sight of my own blood, I gave this wonderful invention to one of those charitable organizations that loves this sort of stuff.
on February 5, 2013
Saw high reviews on this product in ShopSmart magazine. I have been frustrated with every other mandoline and standing slicer I have tried. This one so far is living up to it's reputation. It has some nice features for safety and ease of use. Very happy with it so far.
on June 6, 2013
You can't beat this product at this price. I had a mandolin once, I think I paid about $150.00 for it and I rarely used it. It was heavy, cumbersome and hard to clean. This slicer is easy to clean, fold and store. It does a great job.I would certainly recommend it.