Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Style Name: Herb Snippers|Change

on January 16, 2011
I got these Zyliss herb snippers to cut fresh rosemary leaves into tiny pieces for cooking. If the blades were sharper and pointier, and the hinge farther back - in other words, longer, more precise blades in relation to the length/size of the handles - they would be a lot more efficient and therefore more comfortable to use. Also the action is not smooth. I tried lubing the hinge with a little olive oil but it didn't help. And because of the large distance the handles have to travel back and forth in relation to the movement of the blades, they're tiring and klutzy to use.

The eye-appeal is about the only thing Swiss about these snippers. They're made in China and feel like it. I'd rather pay a little more for Swiss manufacturing.
review image
on October 11, 2008
I grew a lot of fresh herbs this year. Rosemary, thyme. parsley, dill and many others. I love the fragrance and the fresh flavors have really kicked my culinary skills up a notch. What I like about these scissors is the feature that allows me to strip the leaves off the stems. Woody plants like Oregano and thyme are easy to snip and the leaves come off easily. As far as chopping though I still use a mezzaluna. I find that easier to mince with. But the scissors have their merit too. If your into fine needle work and sewing I can see these would be fine to have around. Just right for snipping herbs from the pots and and stripping the leaves from stems, I like it.
on July 25, 2011
These LOOK great, but WORK poorly. The hinge point is not strong enough to keep the blades together even to cut cardboard. Then, after two weeks of light use (simply because they don't work for any real duty), the handle broke off. Ugh. Waste.
on January 7, 2009
these are great for herbs and even small flowers that need some pruning. easy grips and handles do not hurt your hands. the length of the scissors is good also since most herbs are not that long it takes up less space. these are a must have item.
on March 27, 2011
I have used these in the kitchen quite a bit now, for trimming flowers, snipping micro herbs, cutting tender leaf tips from sea parsley and coriander, and striping thyme.

I have found them useful and practical. They are quite light(better to use than bigger kitchen shears/scissors for small jobs) and snip easily, and are sharp (almost got me a couple of times!).

They are not really strong enough for any other purposes and I think may become blunt more quickley if used for woody herbs like rosemary or old thyme.

Good price from Amazon, delivered on time in new packaging, in good condition.

D
review image review image
on February 4, 2012
I bought these shears a few months ago to replace my old Zyliss shears that broke. Today my husband broke them when he attempted to trim the stems of the roses he bought me. I wasn't sure of these shears when they arrived. They came apart easily and they are very different from the first generation of Zyliss shears. The plastic piece that holds the shears together broke which is what happened with my old pair. At least with the old pair, I got a few years of use out of the shears. I am not going to buy another pair.
on May 7, 2016
I have a pair of Fiskars small pruning shears I use for other plants. They're fantastic, but due to the tension spring, I find them an unwieldy tool for pruning my Aerogarden.

So I purchased the Zyliss Herb Scissors exclusively for harvesting from my Aerogarden, and am pleased beyond expectations. They are extremely sharp and make quick work of cutting stems. They are small enough for very tiny spaces, and since they have no tension spring, I have complete control of my cuts. They're a fine tool for snipping small amounts of fresh herbs, but not the only tool I use. I may chop up herbs on a cutting board or in my blender, if I have large amounts.

Where the inside edges of the handles meet, there are semi-circular cut-outs. If you need to strip leaves, place the stems between the handles, close the handles, and pull the stems. They work just like wire strippers!

I can wash and dry them in seconds using liquid dish detergent and a microfiber towel. After months of use, I've not had any herb parts get stuck to or in the scissors, nor do they show any signs of corrosion or dulling. They come with a cap to protect the blades and your fingers. Keep them away from children; I cannot emphasize how sharp the blades are.

By the way, I wash my hands before I touch my Aerogarden or any tools I use with it. If I touch anything else, I wash my hands again. The same with my tools for our safety. We eat the stuff from the Aerogarden, and take precautions to not infect it with nasty bacteria.

And with all that washing, these scissors still look and perform like new. Well worth the investment!
on November 13, 2011
Recently we had a dinner party where baskets of herbs were the center piece and the guest snipped the herbs they preferred on their dish.
Each couple had a pair of herb snippers to trim and remove leaves of the herbs of their choice.
It was a great success and the snips made a great hostess gift for each couple. Will plan another such party in the near future, it was so much fun.
on June 14, 2013
These are some heavy duty kitchen shears! There is a spring that helps as you cut so your hand doesn't get fatigued. I used this to cut chicken breasts into pieces and was amazed at how much more quickly I could do it with these shears instead of with a knife and cutting board, and it was a lot less mess too! The shears also have a locking mechanism, so you can safely store them. Plus, they were really easy to clean up! I'm going to be finding tons of ways to be able to use these shears everyday!
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2010
As a large guy I have big meaty fingers, and yet I am still able to use these Herb Snippers at the same time they are not so large that my wife with very small petite fingers can still hold them comfortably. The blade is sharp and only requires one snip to sever the herb from the stems. The mincing is ok and I have bought seperate sciccors for that job. If you are looking for a small pair of herb sciccors that are sharp and easy to handle for both big and small hands the Zyliss Herb Snippers will do a great job. They look and feel like they will last a lifetime of gardening.