1,050 Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good manual can opener, useless magnet
Published on December 31, 2011 by amzoo

5.0 out of 5 stars As Usual, Great Zyliss Product, March 27, 2008
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
We got this can opener(Zyliss Lock-n-Lift) to replace our Kitchenaid one which was a waste of money. Every Zyliss product we've tried has been fantastic, and this is no exception. The lock on this opener holds the can tightly for a quick, easy open. The release button is in a convenient spot. I love the magnet on the end to lift the lid out of the can- no more cuts on my fingertips! I usually rinse the opener in hot water after use and set it in the drainer to dry. I also rinse cans before opening to help keep the opener cleaner.I highly recommend this opener!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, September 14, 2007
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
I have carpal tunnel syndrome and this can opener is so easy to use. It is a simple, brilliant design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zyliss can opener, November 16, 2011
My wife complained about all of our existing can openers, so I did a little research. This can opener was part of a study of 4 can openers evaluated by some meals on wheels participants and was the resounding winner. It is easy to use, easy to clean and performed the best for a group of people that open a lot of cans. This has a locking feature so you do not need to keep gripping hard while you are rotating the can. A magnet captures the lid once it is detached from the can so you do not need to fish it out of the food. My wife used this and said it was the best can opener that she has ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Can Opener!, December 21, 2007
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
We have had nothing but trouble with every can opener we have EVER purchased. It didn't matter whether it was pricey or cheap. After reading some of the reviews on the Zyliss, we decided to try it. It is the best can opener we've ever used, but then everything we have purchased by Zyliss has been a great tool. You won't be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good manual can opener, useless magnet, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
I've been happy with how well this opens cans. My last OXO can opener would leave a thin strip of metal on every opened lid, forcing me to twist lid round and round to remove, always worried about cutting myself. This does a great job of completely removing lid. I don't find the edges to be very sharp but it is not a safety can opener, if that is what you are looking for. I agree with another reviewer that the plastic body sometimes flexes a great deal but haven't had it not work as of yet. Two features I don't like are that 1. it locks and you must push a button to remove the opener and 2. the magnet is tiny, has no lifting power and is not positioned on the tool to automatically grab the lid, so it is completely useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars operates smoothly, but may be quite a handful for some..., October 8, 2010
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
Zyliss, a Swiss company that makes gadgets for the kitchen, seems to have a particular approach to ergonomics, incorporating some odd shapes into their products. Zyliss's Lock-n-Lift can opener, like their vegetable peelers, has rounded slightly oversized handles. The handles need to be unlocked by tripping a small lever, before you can clamp the opener on the lid of a can. The handles are then squeezed together, until the lock on the handle clicks into the locked position. The handles have rubber inserts which provide a solid grip. Chances are your hands will feel quite "full", when using this device.

The handle that turns the cutting blade is also rounded with rubber edges. It turns fairly easily, and the cutting action is pretty smooth. There is a magnet at the front of the opener to pick up the severed can lid, but it isn't very strong, and disappointingly does not always lift the lid reliably. This opener takes up a bit more space, but it does work pretty well (except for the magnet). Those with really small hands might have some issues using it.

Made of hard plastic, the handle lock is obviously one of the key parts, because if this piece breaks, the opener will be extremely inconvenient to use. Hopefully this won't happen for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Especially good for Seniors, December 4, 2008
Zyliss Lock-n-Lift Can Opener
Imagine opening a can being pleasant. No, I am not nuts; please read on!
For several years, I have owned this Zyliss and each time I open a can, I am again impressed with the ergonomics, ease, quality, and longevity of this product.
The ultimate can opener test: Open a rectangular can of sardines with the Zyliss (of course the can must have rounded corners)? Forget the pull tab on the can because this opener does the job better and the lid is completely severed. Why do I care? Because I can now pour out all of that tasty juice along with the sardines. Rinsing the can afterwards (a must to keep family members happy) is easier because the lip on the edge of the can is gone.
Today, I sent a Zyliss to each of our (very senior) parents with the thought and assurance it will make their lives much easier.
Who says a better Can Opener can't be invented!
Oh yeah, it also works equally as well on all cans I have opened!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new Zyliss, May 20, 2008
B. Solomon "Stealth Tutor" (Sierra Madre, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
I have been on a quest for a good can-opener for some time. I have a heavy duty electric one which takes more strength than I can seem to muster. (I thought it was supposed to be an energy-saver??). I have bought endless mechanical can-openers, and have countless scars on my fingers from digging jagged lids out of goopy contents. This Mother's Day I decided to buy myself a can opener that worked!! The Zyliss had great reviews, and it lives up to them all. My quest is over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome opener, January 7, 2009
Douglas Mendenhall (Warwick, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White (Kitchen)
After 2 weeks and multiple cans opened I have to say that this is the BEST opener we have ever owned. I hope its ease of use continues for many years to come. It makes it nearly effortless to open cans.

4.0 out of 5 stars very easy to use one handed, January 10, 2012
I love this little can opener. I currently have one arm immobilized (shoulder surgery) and was irritated to realize that I physically couldn't open the can of soup i wanted to eat with my elderly manual can opener. It took two hands and a fair amount of pressure to use the old one.

This can opener is easy to use one handed. You close it one handed, and it locks on. you can then turn the handle and open your can. You do have to flip the little lever to "unlock" the can opener.

Another plus: the mechanism opens quite widely making it easy to rinse off the can opener.

The wide, ergonomic handles are don't take a huge amount of pressure to use. I suspect this would be great for someone with arthritis.

There is a magnet thingy in the tip of the opener that you can maneuver to grasp the lid from inside the can. Personally I find this more trouble than it's worth; you milage may vary!

Zyliss Lock N' Lift Can Opener, White