5.0 out of 5 stars Literally the best garlic press that I have ever used
This is the best garlic press that I've ever used.

Yes, you can really put cloves in peels and all. But more impressively, you put fresh ginger through it. I never grate ginger anymore, I just put it through the press.

The finish is smooth, feels good to use and requires less force than many other presses.
Cleanup really is easy, although the...
Published 22 months ago by karpo

1.0 out of 5 stars metallic paint chips
Published 4 months ago by Super picky

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally the best garlic press that I have ever used, October 19, 2012
karpo (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
This is the best garlic press that I've ever used.

Cleanup really is easy, although the picture of someone using the cleaning tool actually shows them using it in the wrong orientation.
The cleanup tool snaps into the handle more effectively than I've seen before, and is therefore less likely to get lost.

I used to have a Susi 2, which I loved, but this is an even better garlic press. The hopper is larger than the Susi 2's and the plunger has a slightly tighter fit. Almost nothing squeezes out around the plunger. Also, the cleaning tool is held more securely in the Susi 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!!!, December 18, 2012
Kris "Kris" (Lawrence, Kansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
I am a petite woman with small hands and just average grip strength. I assumed this was why I could never find a garlic press that worked for me...until now! I got this press in the mail today so I just had to encorporate some garlic into dinner tonight to try it out. Much to my family's surprise, I popped in a large garlic clove without peeling it first (a true test), and gave it a squeeze. Not only was it easy to squeeze, ALL of the garlic came out of the press! Nothing oozed up around the sides of the plunger. All that was left was the empty husk which came out easily with just a finger grab. I imagine if you had large fingers, you might want to use the cleaner that is cleverly stored in the handle of the press. I tried it again with the same results. The hopper is really not big enough to accomodate more than one or two cloves, but it works so quickly, I don't see that as a problem. Cleanup was a matter of simply running the press under water. I'm amazed! My whole family is amazed! I hope this garlic press lasts forever (it does seem very sturdy and appears to be made of a cast aluminum, and on another website that I found it does say that it is made of Aluminium and Stainless Steel, and that the non-stick coating is Ilaflon). I considered giving it one less star for being made in China, but this seems to be a really good product. No regrets so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is 2nd Zyliss Garlic press in 39 years of cooking., December 6, 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
We received a Zyliss Garlic press as a wedding present 39 years ago. They work great, They clean up easily. This model is easier to use than the old one, It has more leverage for old tired hands. Buy one- You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
I've been using this for about a month now, give or take, and it works better than I'd hoped. You can fit one, maybe two, cloves in the hopper without peeling them beforehand.
The output is impressive as well, compared to the standard-type press I had before the Zyliss. It has a good heft to it, isn't too hard to squeeze and clean-up has been pretty easy - usually removing the left-behind husk takes almost everything out of the hopper.
The blue cleaning tool is useful, but is a little weird to use.
No regrets buying this so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Press at a Great Price, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
When our OXO garlic press, an older version of this one, broke after more than a decade of service, we started shopping around. The OXO was *alright*, but not great, so we decided to go with a different brand. After a couple of weeks of use, we're really pleased with the Zyliss Susi 3. It makes short work of garlic cloves, and clean up is pretty easy. (Garlic presses are always annoying to clean, but this one isn't too bad, even though you have to do it by hand since it's not really dishwasher-safe.)

We were definitely tempted by the Kuhn Rikon Epicurean or Rösle 12782 garlic presses, but we didn't feel like spending forty or more dollars on something. We're sure they're great products, so if you are in the mood to splurge, go for it. Since we love to cook, we usually go for the "best" kitchen items, but even we have our limits!

The Susi 3 is made in China.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase of the Year!, October 21, 2012
Jeremy A. Davis (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
This garlic press is absolutely perfect! It's cost-effective, easy to use, takes a good amount of cloves and you don't even have to peel them. We use it several times a week and it's made cooking so much easier!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best garlic press, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
About 15 years ago I got an original Zyliss Garlic Press. I have used it probably 3-5 times per week since then. But it only holds one small clove of garlic; annoying, to say the least. So I tried several larger capacity garlic presses. I always came back to my Zyliss because no other press gets as much garlic out of a clove.

I finally saw this new Susi three and decided to give it a try. I couldn't be happier! Not only does it hold two large cloves of garlic, it does a fantastic job of getting every smidge of garlic out.

The removal tool is super handy and you don't have to worry about keeping track of it since it clicks right into the handle.

It is still made of the same lightweight aluminum as before (it's not plastic as an earlier reviewer stated). It can be a little hard to start squeezing, but that is the nature of garlic presses in general. It is definitely one of my very favorite kitchen gadgets.

1.0 out of 5 stars metallic paint chips, April 18, 2014
Super picky (Edmonds, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
If you enjoy metallic paint chips in your guacamole then purchase this product. After several years I noticed that the paint where the garlic comes out has been chipping off into the food. I am angry I didn't notice this until my son pointed it out, then today I was making guacamole and a paint flake was resting in the mixture. I though when I bought this it would be good since it was "Swiss" my mistake hope it wont be yours. Buy stainless steel folks we have enough toxic stuff in our food.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reviews said sturdy..., January 8, 2014
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
I was hoping for a strong, well built garlic press... It appeared to be well build at first glance, and I was pretty excited about pressing unskinned cloves (as I read about in a review). Ahhhh... So much for well built! This thing broke on my first press! After the loud snap, I looked closer and saw that it was constructed out of cheap pot metal, definitely not stainless steel. I should probably try to return it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Large hopper, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press (Kitchen)
I still prefer the original Susi, but it is no longer made. This one has a non stick finish which I don't really see as necessary. The holes clog a bit more than the original, but the attached pokey thing takes care of cleaning them out. I will say that I keep the pokey thing on the sink counter, because it always pops out when I squeeze the garlic press. The hopper is large and can hold 2 to 3 cloves of garlic at one time. I would never put it in the dishwasher; just rinse out right after use and there is no problem.

Zyliss Susi 3 Garlic Press