4.0 out of 5 stars a solid choice for all-in-one wax/cleaner
Published on November 28, 2010 by LT. John

3.0 out of 5 stars good wax, not worth the money
One good thing: just came back from Walmart and they are selling Zymol cleaner wax for the same price.

I have a white mid-sized sedan and after hearing all the positive reviews about Zymol on colored cars, I had to give it a try. The wax was easy to apply and buff. I did several coats on the more exposed areas of my car. I didn't get the really 'wet' look...
Published on July 13, 2011 by A. Yen

4.0 out of 5 stars a solid choice for all-in-one wax/cleaner, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
Back in the day, I had done some detailing work, and we all loved Zymol. The wax was rather costly, however. Then Meguiers came out with an outstanding cleaner wax in the mid 90's that made all of our lives easier. So, I stopped using the zymol hard-wax and moved to the new cleaner hybrids. It took Zymol a few years to bring to market, so I was glad to see that they understood the market and developed some thoroughly modern products. I have been using this Zymol Cleaner wax ever since it received top reviews from CR and a few car mags. As a side note, I was a biochemist for a while and always like to devise "tests" on the products I use! So, I chose to wax my car with Zymol, and my wife's car with Meguiers cleaner wax, as well as my truck with Mother's cleaner-wax. I can't say that there were huge differences in performance between the 3 brands over the 10 years that I have used these waxes. But, there are a few reasons why I chose to use the Zymol wax on my car and not the other 2. First, the Zymol applies very easily. It spreads well and is easily removed by buffer, or by hand. The scent is very pleasant too. I noted that the zymol must also have an oil in it that remains after the buffing. I noticed that my car (grey metallic) had a deeper, almost "wet" shine to it. This effect only lasts about 2 rain storms, but it is still very rewarding! As far as longevity, they were too close to call. I got more oxidation from the Mother's brand, but it was on a Honda and not a Porsche. The paint may be a large variable. As far as the "cleaner" effect, I would say that it seems to remove light swirls and hard water spots effectively. I still use a dedicated swirl-remover from meguiers before I wax anyway......
So in conclusion, I would say that the Zymol wax is an easy to apply, 3 month lasting, nicely scented, reasonably priced, and wet-shiny product. I only gave it 4 stars because I would prefer if it lasted 6 months!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zymol Cleaner Wax, August 4, 2009
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
Several years ago, I asked my brother what the best car polish was. He looked through consumer reports and it was Zymol, but it cost twice as much as #2 did. So I searched for #2 and could not find it in a store, but Zymol was there and for less than the $16 that CR had priced it at. So I bought it.

It has been the best car polish I have ever used. The car feels so slick after polishing that I think it improves my fuel economy. On long trips from the east coast to the midwest, I would use Zymol on the front few inches of the hood to clean off the bugs, and fewer would stick afterwards. I did this in the rest stops to give me some physical activity and help me stay awake. I also used Zymol on the front of the mirrors and the headlights to keep them nearly bug free.

Sometimes I get a whiff of old applicators or buffing cloths in the trunk; they smell like coconut and banana. That's the smell of car polish!? I like it. The rain really beads up, and the 93 Accord looks nearly new. I'm keeping the Accord and I'm keeping with Zymol. Really amazing stuff.

Oct 2011 and I still like, use and recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I have a new favorite car wax!, September 11, 2005
Spidey "apu" (Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews
Holy cow, is this stuff great! I just used it to wax my car yesterday. I've used various liquid and paste waxes and polishes over years, but nothing's come close to Zymol Cleaner Wax. With most of the others, you have to apply the wax, wait for it to dry completely, then go back and tire yourself by rubbing hard to get a shine - not so with Zymol's. With the Zymol, you just rub it in lightly to one small area at a time, then take a clean cloth and buff it lightly... and you're done. It's so much easier.

The gloss it provides is clearly superior to that of any other product I've used - with no hazing! Oh, and like the other reviewer mentions, Zymol does clean beautifully, as well. I will never use a different wax again, if I can help it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Panic-Let It Dry Before Removing, June 22, 2011
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
After following the advice of other reviewers I didn't let the product dry. I applied it in a 2 foot x 2 foot area and started to wipe off before it dried ( as directed by others). It streaked badly on my San Mariano Red 2011 Honda Accord. Checked the review and thought it might be that I was using too much(dime size) product. Used less and that help somewhat,but didn't eliminate the streaking. So I started to experiment with the drying time and that is when the product started to shine (pun intended). Letting it dry until it turn white eliminated the streaking and improved the shine dramatically! I think the extended drying time help the oils set better than applying and immediately removing. Now I apply a dime size amount of product to a 3 foot by 3 foot section and then do another 3x3 section giving the first section plenty of time to dry. The only downside to the extended drying time is the minor white powder.However, if you follow up with a mist of water as directed by the manufacture, it removes the white powder.So,don't panic,try letting it dry completely before removing and you won't be disappointed !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vehicle Protection, December 17, 2009
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have been using Zymol for many years and have found it to be a very high performing product. It applies and, more importantly, buffs off quite easily. The one caveat is you need to follow the directions on the bottle carefully. You apply to the vehicle in about 2 square foot sections...wax on, wax off. If you leave it on too long it is indeed difficult to remove. A testament to it's durability, which is one of the strong suits of Zymol. I have tried many other products of this kind that make all sorts of claims but I have yet to find one that can both match the shine and durability of Zymol. It is also economical. A little goes a long ways. I'd guess you could easily do four or more full sized cars with a bottle. And yes, as others have said...it smells good. Think tropical island...you'll have an idea why people make the comment to begin with.

One last comment...I've found it hard to sometimes find this product locally which is why I purchased it at Amazon. The Amazon pricing is typically less than what I have had to pay at a local outlet. That's a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Summary: A good product that exceeds expectations at a fair price when purchased through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff!!!!, July 20, 2008
I have a black car and I have to admit that I was very disappointed after I applied this product the first time. It did not look any better than the usual Meguiars wax I use... if anything it was worse... way worse, there were spots (for lack of a better word) all over my car (well this could be because I didn't use it right but still...)

Well the disappointment lasted about 3 minutes, until I sprayed the surface lightly with watter (as per the instructions) and buffed it with a microfiber towel.....all I can say is WOW!!! It was like I was using some kind of magic watter ;-)) This is the deepest wettest shine I have ever seen on my car... it was as if I poured oil all over it. Trust me take it a step further and spray the surface with watter and buff it out you'll see what I am talking about!!

This will definitely be my product of choice from now on.

recommended? ... you bet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars dripping wet shine, June 15, 2011
buybot181 (Western Hemisphere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I used Zymöl Z503 on a newer vehicle that had minor contaminants in the finish.

One characteristic that is important to note about Zymöl is that you need to be a bit more synchronized w/ its application - it dries really fast compared to other cleaner waxes I've used.

This cleaner wax requires more effort to buff clean. The extra amount of elbow-grease required resulted in a superior shine.

PROS:
1. natural formula
2. solid reputation
3. provides intense 'wet' shine
4. cleans off concrete easily (inevitable drip or two on the garage floor)
5. smells like tropical paradise

CONS:
1. very thin consistency

I'm not sure if the Zymöl Z503 is the same formula that I've used in years past, that said I'll wait a while to evaluate how long the protective finish lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wax going..., April 30, 2005
I've used Zymol for about the last 6 years. On occasion, I've found myself in areas where it was more convenient to use a different brand of wax than go buy a new bottle. It's always been a mistake. Nothing cleans better, comes off easier and leaves a better shine than Zymol...period.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have ever used!, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have never considered posting a review on Amazon until I used this product. A lot of car care product manufacturers create a lot of hype about their wax and claim to create the deepest shine 'ever'. Well, I must say that after using Zymol Z503 Clearer Wax on my 2009 Mini (Chili Red), it has produced the deepest, wettest, slickest, SICKEST shine I've ever seen on any car I've ever owned. Period. It goes on easily but as per the instructions, I found it best to keep to a body panel at a time, or less. The product dries fast so you need to spread it fast. I used a microfiber wax applicator and that worked find for me. Removing the wax is slightly more difficult than say, P21S, but using a waffle weave microfiber cloth seems to make things easier. I followed up with a spritz of Mother's Instant detailer and final buffed with a plush microfiber cloth. All I can say is this wax really lives up to Zymol's claims and is well worth the asking price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glossy wet shine, soft sleek and smooth, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have at least 6 different types of car wax in the garage. I'm always searching for the best wax. I have a pearl white G35 that must NOT be dirty and must have a smooth finish, very picky that way. If this stuff lasts through a few car washes I'll be happy. It smells great, yes, it DOES matter, if I have gunk stuck under my nails I want it to smell good. It did seem to attract mosquitoes though, guess they like it too! I like that it's colored, I can easily see if I've missed spots, if I'm going to the effort I want to do it right. It does separate in heat, I used it anyway and was still happy, recommend storing it in the house or not to wax when it's hot (it was 92 in the garage when I waxed). I waxed a body panel at a time, misted with water and wiped it down. A little more effort than some waxes but I do think I have the worlds worst spray bottle so that didn't help matters. After misting and wiping it left streaks but no worries, I followed it up with a clean dry microfiber cloth and that removed all streaks. It says it takes out swirl marks, there's none left on the car (previous owner grrrr) but I've not found a wax yet that actually removes them, just camouflage. It wipes easily off of glass. I would love to see this stuff on a dark color. I highly recommend using a car clay detail kit twice a year, you will be stunned with the results, surface is as smooth as new and you'll be amazed at the contaminants embedded in the clear coat the car wash leaves behind.

Zymol Z503A Cleaner Wax - 16 oz.
$16.99 $12.49