Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 4-ounce|Change

on June 28, 2008
After a year of multiple and very expensive trips to the vet for recurrent ear infections in my 2 year old Labrador, I discovered Zymox Ear Cleanser. (I did use it with the Zymox Otic (1.25oz) with Hydrocortisone (1.0%) at first.)This product is amazing. After only 2 uses I noticed an improvement and after 4 days her ears were completely clear. All redness irritation and discharge is gone. I use the cleanser once a week now and her ears are fine. If I had found this a year ago it would have saved me over $300 in vet bills.
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2006
My 11-yr-old cocker spaniel had no ear problems until receiving a dose of antibiotics for a different health problem. Within a month of that veterinarian visit, she had a yeast infection in both ears. The regular cleaning solution wasn't helping and I didn't want another discouraging and costly trip to the vet, so I tried this product (along with the Xymox Otic) and have seen enormous improvement. The Otic worked very well to fight off the yeast infection, and this cleanser is now my ear health maintenance product of choice.
88 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2009
My terrier is 10 years old and has had ear problems since he was a puppy. The smell which comes from this little guy's ears is, to put it mildly... astonishing. No matter what I've tried, it has only worked for one or two days. The rest of the time, everyone just suffers with it. He is obviously in a lot of discomfort, but there has been little effective I could do. I've spent vast amounts of money on various medications, I take him to the groomers to keep his ears clipped back so they don't droop and trap in moisture, but everything has been just a temporary fix.The stuff from the vet hasn't worked. In desperation, I went online and researched products for the 100th time and found Zymox. The reviews were so good, I jumped in and bought the shampoo, cleaner and the Zymox Otic and used all three on my dog.

All I can say, is -- it was like a miracle. The smell immediately stopped, he stopped shaking his head for the first time in 10 years and slept like a baby. This stuff has been a godsend to our family - and especially to our doggie. He's so much happier now and gets a lot more attention now that he doesn't smell like a manure pile (seriously, this is what he smelled like). Thank you Zymox!!!!!
on January 30, 2012
WOW! This product worked wonders for my senior cat who developed a chronic ear infection. After just 7 days of using Zymox, my baby's ears are completely clean and free of all debris.
Pros:
1) EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE! Vet visit cost me a lot more and did not solve the problem...
2) Efficient and Effective: Just a few drops in each ear a day, and 7 days later the infection was completely gone!
3) Easy to apply: OK, my cat is a grumpy old man and hated the daily cotton swab cleaning we resorted to for nearly 2 months straight. Although he didn't immediately love having this liquid dropped into his ear, he actually was not opposed to it after the first treatment. It was very easy to place the drops in the ear and massage it in. Even though he would shake his head after each application, the gel is thick enough that it didn't spray everywhere while he shook.
4) RESULTS!!!!!!!!!! Infection is gone, and my cat is literally a completely different cat. He is even more loveable and sociable now then he was pre-infection. The infection was quite a nuisance to him, and as a result he scratched himself to the point of scabbing, and was really moody and agitated also. Now he rests peacefully, his fur is shiny, full and back to normal, and cuddles more than ever.
Completely satisfied.
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2006
I have a Boston Terrier that had chronic ear infections for the first 5 years of her life. Her new vet switched her to this solution and for the past 2 years she has not had an infection!!!!! The stuff is awesome.
on September 6, 2007
When I used this cleanser briefly, I tried it with the Zymox ear solution on my cat at the same time. Needless to say, the ear problems continued, so I stopped using it at the advice of my vet. Once, while cleaning her ears, she shook her head and the solution splashed my face, and it burned like crazy, so I can only imagine what she felt in her ear canal. The vet recommended using Epi Otic Advanced for her, and it is effective without being painful, and smells better. But seeing the rave reviews for the Zymox product line, you might have better luck than me... best wishes!
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
It was just like the other reviewers said/wrote -The Vet kept suggesting surgery on our dog's ears. Just putting his collar on or anything brushing up passed his ears, he would wince. Tried the local Pet store drops, then homeopathic potions, but nothing came close to restoring the natural balance to his ears. Within two days, there was a huge difference in color, smell, and no more wincing!! Thrilled!
Glad I did the research and read these reviews. Our dog is like 'new!'
on August 22, 2012
Our new adopted kittens ears were very dirty I thought the gunk in his ears would never end! After about 4 treatments with this product I have noticed a significant improvement. His ears are no longer full of gunk. The level of gunk in his ears gets smaller every time and no more itchy ears. Although both cats hate for me to put the drops in their ears even if i get it warm. If usually ends up shaken off all over me. So instead I just put some on a cotton and rub it in.
review image
on January 30, 2010
I rescue Golden Retrievers and they almost always come to me with dirty and infected ears. This product is excellent in cleaning and keeping their ears free of infection. Used regularly with other Zymox Products maintaining healthy ears is a snap. My dogs swim in the summer and I have always had trouble keeping their ears free of yeast infection. I have tried many products including Veterinarian Rx products that did not work as well as Zymox Ear Cleaner. What a difference this product makes in their lives. Sandra
on December 7, 2007
This stuff works great - much better than any other cat ear cleanser that I have tried. I think the glycerine in it is what makes it so effective. It loosens the large chunks of wax that my cat routinely gets in his ears, which he is then able to clear by simply shaking his head. Other products that I have tried have not worked at all (Virbac Epi-Otic is worthless - and expensive). You still have the obvious problem of getting your cat to cooperate with the whole process, but you can be reassured that it will actually work. Highly recommended! Zymox Ear Cleanser (4 oz)