4.0 out of 5 stars Works great as the regular Zyrtec, Not faster.
Published on November 1, 2010 by MB

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - I DID NOT CHECK THE BOTTLE
UPDATE: TO ANSWER THE QUESTION - THAT ORDER WAS FROM: Sold by: Potential Dynamix LLC (seller profile)

UPDATE: I HAVE PURCHASED SINCE THROUGH AMAZON SUBSCRIBE & SAVE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS/ISSUES OR EXPIRATION. WILL ORDER AGAIN, BUT ONLY THROUGH AMAZON DIRECTLY (and subscribe & save for the better price)

--------

I thought it was just an...
Published on June 12, 2010 by Jon

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great as the regular Zyrtec, Not faster., November 1, 2010
MB "MBCHI" (Chicago,il United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using Zyrtec for over 20 years and it's really the only medicine of all that I tried that actually works for my rhinitis. The Liquid gels work as well as the regular ( and cheaper ) Zyrtec. I was expecting that the liquid gels would work quicker, but I didn't really see much difference between the two, they both take the same time to work. The only difference is that this one costs a bit more.. So I's stick with the regular tablets.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can BREATHE again!, February 24, 2008
I used to have a prescription for Zyrtec from my Allergist, but stopped a little over a year ago because I could get store-brand Clariton from Sam's Club for $13 per YEARS supply... truly amazing there.

I all but forgot about this drug until recently when it came out for OTC use, so I ordered some from Amazon (cheapest price, especially with my Prime membership and free 2-day shipping!). I've been using it for about a week now and I think it does work better than the loratidine, I can breathe through my nose again, not an easy task for someone who is 'allergic to everything' as my doctor says.

Give it a try, I think you'll like it too

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - I DID NOT CHECK THE BOTTLE, June 12, 2010
Jon (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

--------

I thought it was just an incredibly terrible allergy season because normally Zyrtec works great, but wasn't working this season.

When I went back to the page, I saw the warning the other review made, checked another listing for the same product and saw a slew of the same problem

>>> AS WELL AS A TON OF COMPLAINTS OF BEING SENT EXPIRED MEDICATION <<<<<

Only then did I check my bottle. The type is so small, I had to find a magnifying glass (I ever use a magnifying glass, but knew I had one in a desk drawer), even if I had diligently checked the bottle when I received it, I would not have noticed.

Also I did not know about the difference in the formulation.

I have never had such a bad experience and below is a copy of my "seller review" as I submitted it:

ZYRTEC - RECEIVED EXPIRED PRODUCT WHICH WAS NOT MANUFACTURED IN THE U.S. ONLY REALIZED IT AFTER FEELING IT WAS NOT WORKING, THEN SAW OTHER REVIEWS, CHECKED MY BOTTLE AND IT WAS THE SAME. NEVER BUY FROM THIS SELLER. THIS IS MEDICATION BEING PUT INTO MY BODY AND THEY ARE CLEARLY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE DIFFICULT AND UNCOMMON NEED TO SCRUTINIZE THE BOTTLE'S TINY WRITING. DANGER!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Allergies Suck, Get Relief, February 22, 2011
If you have allergies, then you know that they suck. Symptoms vary - mine were constant sneezing, nasal drainage, itchy ears. I usually take prescription Allegra, but I was running low and saw Zyrtec Liquid Gels on a lightening deal. The price was decent so I decided to try it out.

I have been having unpleasant side effects with Allegra such as insomnia and dry mouth & throat. I didn't have these symptoms with the Zyrtec Liquid Gels. I do think it causes a bit of drowsiness, but found that it isn't much of a problem if I take one at night. It is so much better than not being able to sleep. Also, My Allegra prescription was also only 12-hour versus the 24-hour relief of Zyrtec.

The pill itself is a manageable size and easy to swallow. I think I might stick with Zyrtec from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, May 6, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Zyrtec Allergy Relief Tablets, 30 Count (Health and Beauty)
Zyrtec 10 mg tablets are truly a godsend! I suffer from allergies almost year round; and when I take a Zyrtec pill things calm down pretty quickly. I am soon able to breathe through my nose and my eyes aren't so irritated. In addition, Zyrtec is absolutely essential for me; I sometimes play with my neighbor's dogs but because I am still mildly allergic to the dogs' pet dander and fur I use these Zyrtec pills to alleviate my symptoms from playing with the dogs.

The tablets work for just about twenty-four hours just like the makers advertise it to work; but if things aren't quite OK even with the Zyrtec I sometimes pop another--with my doctor's "OK," that is. This drug does not make me drowsy the way other allergy medicines can; and I really like that.

Zyrtec is also supposed to stop the itching that comes with hives; but I can't comment on that because I have not needed to take this for hives. I also don't experience itchy eyes but I would imagine that this product would alleviate that problem.

Of course, follow the directions on the bottle very carefully; and don't take more than the recommended dose unless you get the "OK" from your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about this product ask your doctor first before taking this medicine. In addition, use these tablets before their expiration date.

Overall, Zyrtec tablets really help immeasurably when I need to fight allergy symptoms from pet fur and dander, dust, or pollen. I highly recommend this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!!!!, May 5, 2010
This is NOT the original formulation!!!! It is a "generic" formulation made in Belgium NOT in USA! Contains povidone in inactives. This change has NOT been approved by US FDA! The only way to tell is to read fine print on back of package.

Zyrtec, Allergy, 10 mgTablets, 70-Count Package

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast relief ;-P, February 7, 2008
Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
I never used to suffer allergies, but slowly over the years, I get a little hayfever now and then and this medication does the trick. It's really fast working (well under 40 minutes before there's noticable relief), and they don't make you tired (although because every medication works differently for every person, there's always a chance someone might get drowsy on these). All you need is one tablet every 24 hours (if there are symptoms) and they keep releasing the active ingredient for those 24 hours.
If you suffer from watery, itchy eyes or scratchy throat or simply can't stop sneezing to save your life, then give Zyrtec a go. They work well for me and I feel better in 20-40 minutes. They are 'life savers' when you have a big day ahead at work.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the side effected few, November 1, 2010
L Church (South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
Even though I'm a clinical insomniac, it's making me tired and very low energy. If I could take naps, I would right now! I'm not yawning through my day, but it's difficult to concentrate or even care. I think I'm going to have to cut back to 1/2 dose. Either way, it's getting me to my goal. Doc said the ears are plugged from allergies untreated for so long (I guess they just didn't bother me enough to treat), and after 4 days full 10mg I can see a big improvement - or should I say hear a big improvement. That wasn't funny, but I don't care enough to delete it right now. Hopefully at 1/2 dose I'll come back and give it that extra star.

2.0 out of 5 stars It works for allergies, but turns me into a zombie, August 20, 2012
I have taken this twice, for a severe stress-induced allergic reaction (hives, itching, swelling) and it does work to get rid of the allergy but for 24 hours I am in a nearly comatose state. The first time I took it I slept for 21 of 24 hours (got up in between for about 3 hours). The second time I took it accidentally (thought it was my allegra) and was so tired I could barely manage to use the bathroom. I thought I was seriously ill until I looked in the cabinet and saw I took the wrong medication. If I don't mind being sleepy, I'll take benadryl which works in a flash and wears off after a few hours. Zyrtec is just too strong for me. I recommend you try a 1/2 dose at night on a weekend when you take it for the first time. Or, better yet, try allegra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding if it doesn't make you drowsy, March 23, 2008
Living in Budapest "livinginhungary" (Budapest, Hungary (originally Ann Arbor, MI)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've used Zyrtec for years. It's been extremely effective in countering my seasonal allergies. Unfortunately I'm probably among the small percentage of people who are made drowsy by Zyrtec. A dose Zyrtec makes me drowsy and feel lethargic for the duration of the dose. In the last few years I have relied on the Rhinocort Turbo Inhaler. I've found the Rhinocort to be even more effective than Zyrtec without the drowsiness. I still keep a supply of Zyrtec for those instances when I don't have the inhaler. The Zyrtec pills are much more convenient. I also find that the drowsiness/lethargy that accompanies my taking Zyrtec is not bad if I'm doing something physical (i.e. exercise, walking, etc.). However if I have to sit down at my desk or try to relax in front of the TV I find myself more susceptible to dozing off after taking Zyrtec. I give Zyrtec 5 stars for it's effectiveness against my allergies and 1 or 2 stars for the side effect. After thinking about it I decided to give it 5 stars because I think it is an extremely effective allergy medication. I'm most likely among the small minority who experience the sleepy side effect.

Zyrtec Allergy Relief Tablets, 30 Count