Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon June 23, 2012
The only active ingredient in this "new" product is 25mg of Diphenhydramine hcl which Nyquil ZZZ labels a "Nighttime sleep-aid." This is the EXACT ingredient in benadryl and store brand equivalents, that cost much less, which those manufacturers label as an antihistamine. All Nyquil did was rename it and give it a hyped up name of ZzzQuil and repurpose it as a sleep aid. Antihistamines can make you drowsy but that's not why people take them. This one has been around since the 1940's. What a bunch of BS.
7676 comments| 507 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2012
I have extensive problems sleeping well through the night but usually shy away from taking anything to help. I've been on Ambien before but don't like the time and expense of having to see a doctor to get it, and I've used Advil PM when I was desperate. Yes, I knew when I bought this product that the active ingredient is diphenhydramine - I read the ingredients list. I liked that the product is available in a liquid for ease of use and because it should help the body absorb it faster. (I have never found Benadryl to work for me - either for allergies or sleep - I don't know why - but I trained as a pharmacy technician for 18 months and held the PhT certification for some time, and pharmacists can advise that the same products don't work exactly the same way for all people.) The ZzzQuil is working for me - it kicks in quickly, gives me a restful night's sleep, and I wake up at my regular time in the morning (less an alarm) with no fuzzy or drowsy effect. I've been using it for a week and feel more rested than I have in some time. If it doesn't work for you - then discontinue it and don't purchase more. If Benadryl works for you - stick with it. In my case, I'm pleased with the convenience and effectiveness of the ZzzQuil and intend to continue using it - not every single night - but definitely on those nights I know I'll have trouble getting to and staying to sleep.
5454 comments| 271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2012
I'm a pharmacist, and I can tell you that I would not recommend this product. For one, as many have mentioned, this is just the ingredient that is in Benadryl. You can buy 24 for less than 4 bucks. But in addition, diphenhydramine is not a good choice for insomnia. It is a great anti-histamine that also causes drowsiness, however, it really dries you out and still have you feeling groggy after you wake up.
66 comments| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
This product's active ingredient is 25 milligrams of dyphenhydramine (probably incorrectly spelled) My point is It's the same thing as Benedryl, which is available as generic. I paid 5 dollars for 12 tablets of Nyquil zzz. At wal-mart, you can get 100 tablets of the same thing as a generic for 4 dollars. If you want the name brand Benedryl, you can get 100 tabs for about 10 dollars. You do the math!!!!!! It's just a money maker for the company!!!!!
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
This is truly amazing that such an old ingredient can still be marketed as something new. Folks, this is plain old benadryl used in just about every night time cold OTC imaginable. It's also the most common nasal decongestant in all of the OTC medications. If you want to save money ask your pharmacist for what is the cheapest diphenhydramine they sell.
11 comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2015
I love these! it works for me. I sleep like a baby floating on a cloud of zzzzzzzz's with unicorns and cotton candy. It's for those nights where you just can't stop thinking about everything and your body is like "hey brain, shut the f$*# up" and then your brain is like "no B*#%$, I got everything in the world to think about". And the you pop them zzzQuils... Your brain will be like "I have the cure for cancer! Itssssssssssssss zzzzzzzzzz________snor snor" and then it's the next morning! Woot woot! Mic drop! F u voice in my head!!!!!!
on August 10, 2012
Don't waste your money folks. There's nothing special about this stuff. all it is, is Benydryl (Diphenhydramine). That's it. You can get a generic version of this stuff for about half the price you would pay for this brand name rip off, and get the same results.
on August 26, 2012
The first 2 times I tried it it had no effect. I have to say I was disappointed. I decided to keep trying it anyway since I had a whole bottle, and after a couple days I noticed that it does make me drowsy enough to fall asleep with half an hour of taking it, and I sleep through till 6:00am. I have had insomnia for 14 years, at times I go 2 weeks with sleeping 2 hours a night. I have tried regular benadryl and generic brands but NOTHING has worked reliably. I am also able to awaken at night if the kids need me, and not be too groggy, which is not the case with most insomnia medication.

I'd recommend it to someone who has tried all the other products. It's worth a shot.
on June 26, 2012
I, too, had high hopes for this product. I've had trouble sleeping for years and all over-the-counter medications either didn't work or left me too drowzy the next day. When I've been ill and taken Nyquil, that always put me out, so I was very excited to see Zzzquil, believing it would do the same...not even close. Not even drowzy! You'd be better off taking a swig of Nyquil. Hopefully they will start reading reviews and make it a little stronger. In the meantime, Nyquil works better!
on November 18, 2012
J loved this product. It worked very well for me. I got drowsy 10 mins after taking it. I give this product 5 stars. I loved it, worked great!