What they said about Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2008 5:32:21 AM PST
source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/86109

Many of their contemporaries are still proclaiming that.

1-

Michael Hart said in his book The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History (p. 13), where he put Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) at the head of his list of one hundred:

I chose Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to be top of this list ... because Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels.

2-

The Englishman George Bernard Shaw wrote a book called Muhammad, which was burned by the British authorities. He said:

The world is in the utmost need of a man with the mentality of Muhammad.

Medieval ecclesiastics, either through ignorance of bigotry, painted Mohammadanism in the darkest colors. They were in fact; trained to hate both the man Muhammad and his to them was anti-Christ. But I have studied his life, and found him to be extraordinary. I have reached the conclusion that he was never an enemy to Christianity. He must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it much needed peace and happiness.

3-

Annie Besant said:

It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme.

4-

The Austrian Schabrak said:

Mankind may be proud of having a man like Muhammad among them, for despite being illiterate he was able more than ten centuries ago to introduce legislation that we Europeans would be the happiest ever if we could produce something of equally high quality.

5-

Dr. Zwemer (a Canadian Orientalist):

Muhammad was an able reformer, eloquent and well spoken, courageous and daring, a great thinker. We cannot attribute to him anything that contradicts these qualities. This Qur'aan that he brought and his history bear witness to the truth of these claims.

6-

The English philosopher Thomas Carlyle, the Nobel Prize winner, says in his book Heroes:

It is very shameful for any individual in this era to listen to what is said about the religion of Islam being a fabrication and Muhammad being a treacherous fabricator. Throughout his life we see him holding firm beliefs, sincere in resolve, generous and kind, compassionate, pious, virtuous, very serious. In spite of that, he was easy-going, cheerful, friendly, and even sometimes light-hearted. He was just, sincere in intention, smart, chivalrous, and quick-witted, as if he carried in his heart the lamps of every dark night, filled with light; a naturally great man who never studied in school or at the hand of a teacher, because he had no need of that.

7-

Goethe, the German poet, said:

We Europeans with all our concepts and ideas have not yet attained that which Muhammad attained, and no one will ever surpass him. I searched in history for the loftiest example for man to follow, and I found it in the Prophet Muhammad. Thus the truth must prevail and become supreme, because Muhammad succeeded in subjugating the whole world by means of the message of Divine Oneness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 9:27:40 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 16, 2012 11:33:26 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009 1:28:09 AM PST
K. Hibbs says:
I got as far as your statement "I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it much needed peace and happiness." and just choked.

I, as a Christian, wouldnt want Jesus to become the "dictator of the modern world", and I highly doubt that Jesus, given the choice, would want to be that either.

Are we so pathetic that God would need to impose a dictator upon us? what would that possibly teach us, other than how to be slaves?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2009 8:03:04 PM PST
Da Readah says:
Yes, Davlatsher, it's unbelievable how uninformed some big name people have been concerning Mohammed.

It's to be expected that his sordid past and blood lust be kept hush-hush in Muslim communities; best to garner alliegiance and then, when ready, call for an out-and-out attack on the West.

Mohammed was not lofty. There is nothing lofty in a blood thirsty, greedy, lying pedophile.

Read the New Testament if you're interested in lofty. Read of the purity and beauty of Christ. Read what His friends and students said of Rabbi Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 12:52:01 AM PST
anyone says:
So, you would like to see Mohammad as a World Dictator? And what of those who don't? Oh, that's right, he'll just do what he did when was dictator of his world: he'll kill them and take their children as slaves. Join us or die? I'll die stopping fascism, rather than following it. And one question, which master would you choose: One who says that you are free to choose which master you find better, or one who commands that if you don't follow him, you will be put to death? If you truly seek to know which master is better, you should AT LEAST read the Bible and then make your choice. Or does Mohammad allow you?

Posted on Mar 14, 2009 4:50:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2009 10:54:41 PM PDT
The teachings of Islam can fail under no circumstances. With all our systems of culture and civilization, we can not go beyond Islam and,
as a matter of fact, no human mind
can go beyond the Qur'an.
(Johann Goethe)

ISLAM IS THE ONLY IDEOLOGY THAT PROVIDES A COHERENT AND PRACTICAL SOCIAL SYSTEM AND OFFERS SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF HUMANITY.

Look up these values in the verses of the Quraan:

a. equal human dignity by birth (17:70), (95:4)
b. Gender equity (4:32), (33:35)
c. Superiority by character only (49:13), (46:19)
d. Rule of law, not of individuals (3:79)
e. Full compensation of work (53:39), (53:41), (39:70),(37:39)
f. Provision of basic needs (20:118-119)
g. Security of faith, life, mind, honor, and property (6:109), (6:152), (2:269),(17:36)(24:2),(22:40),(6:152),(5:90),(2:19 5),(5:32),(17:32),(17:35),(17:29),(83:1)
h. Choice of spouse (4:3), (4:19)
i. Freedom of religion (22:40), (6:109), (2:256)
j. Freedom of expression (2:42), (3:71)
k. Redress of grievances (4:148)
l. Privacy (33:53), (24:27)
m. Care of any handicap (4:36), (70:24)
n. Presumption of innocence (49:6)
o. Sanctity of name and lineage (49:11),(33:4)
p. Right to residence (4:100), (2:85),(16:41)
q. Aesthetic choice (18:31), (76:13-15)
r. Protection of chastity (17:32), (24:2)
s. s. Race, color , lineage, wealth, etc., not to be the criteria of reward. Degrees of people according to their deeds (46:19)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2009 2:03:19 AM PDT
How about posting the "war verses" from the Qu'ran? You forget that some of us do know about the Qu'ran -- it is not in chronological order but rather in order of smallest Surahs to the largest. Many of the larger ones were written in Mecca. The later ones were written in Medina and Mohammed preached war and butchery beyond belief.

Now, as a former Green Beret, I'm telling you, a Muslim, try taking over this country and you will have the biggest fight you have ever imagined. There are many of us out here who harbor no love for the religion of blood and butchery. I have lived in Iran and spent time in Saudi Arabia. I have witnessed your religion in practice. You state in item i. above that there is freedom of religion -- tell that to those Muslims who have decided that Christianity is true -- oops, I forgot, conversion is forbidden upon penalty of death -- having your head removed violently from your body. Now, that really sounds like a religion I'd want to follow -- NOT!!

Frankly, most of what you list is not even practiced in Muslim countries. I know, I've been there and seen how Muslim men treat their wives and daughters. I've seen the widows begging for food on the streets. I've seen divorced women dying for lack of everything on the streets.

Yusuf, you have lied because you know better. If a Christian chooses to leave the Faith and become a Muslim, he, or she, doesn't face death or shunning by their families. But, like I said, a Muslim who converts is subject to death by beheading.

DOL

Posted on Mar 26, 2009 8:33:14 AM PDT
A customer says:
Dear Mr Yussf

You quote "i. Freedom of religion (22:40), (6:109), (2:256)"
Have they forgotten about that one in Saudi Arabia ?
Please let me / them know

PS... You write a list as long as my arm of staff but when it comes to praticing , Muslims prefer Qu'ran 9.5 , you know "fight and kill the desbilievers wherever you find them , take them captive , harass the, lie and ambush them with every stratagem of war ".....UPPSSS

Posted on Mar 27, 2009 9:42:34 AM PDT
A customer says:
Dear Mr Yussuf
I thought you might like to review a little point b as this poor lady in one of your contries might like to differ , I enclose a link from the news today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7966086.stm

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 5:14:17 AM PDT
www.thereligionofpeace.com

Here is a good place to start reading the Koran and to show how this throwback superstition works. Muslims do not want to address their position on women's rights or how old Aisha was when Mohammad "married" her. Imagine a toothless 54 year old Arab mounting a nine year old girl and you can begin to see Islam for what it is.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 5:17:42 AM PDT
www.thereligionofpeace.com

Here is a good place to start reading the Koran and to show how this throwback superstition works. Muslims do not want to address their position on women's rights or how old Aisha was when Mohammad "married" her. Imagine a toothless 54 year old Arab mounting a nine year old girl and you can begin to see Islam for what it is.

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 9:35:46 PM PDT
Runamuck says:
I am a disable Veteran, and by no means a nice person. I learned Arabic and Farsi not in a classroom but in body-armor and 140 degree heat. As a dirtbag who's limited knowledge of written texts I can tell you with certainty that you are all wrong. First if you have an issue with these people then i want you to explain to those who save me and my men from death why it is you hate them. Next I want you all to explain your hate to the fathers and mother to all the brothers and sisters the i've had to carry to their final resting place. Just so you know the oldest was 22. They all ask me why, and I invite them to dinner with a family of Iraqi's, the mother is a widow and the eldest son tried to kill me in Iraq. But we all eat, weep, pray for each other. Drop your racist hate or pick up a ruck, you'll learn quick the reality of the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 4:43:56 PM PDT
Mara says:
Responding to you Sleazy P is quite difficult giving your service and your own suffering. Thank you for that.

Yet, for what you wrote above the answer is pretty simple. War ! Inhuman!
Wars happened all the time along history. Then generations are being born life must go on, people forget, people get friendly again. Muslims might be fine people but their religion is not ! They might tell each other pink and sirupy stories about their so-called self-proclaimed "prophet" but their own recorded history proves the contrary. Mohammed was a criminal that used his people's superstitious beliefs against them, stoled religious aspects from those he envied, and created an ideology of destruction that reduced nice people like those you've met there to misery that will never end. You are missing a lot as far as islam and mohammed are concerned. Also true is the mind-blowing realization that muslims themselves tell each other pink story precisely because they DO NOT KNOW mohammed's islam. Masses of innocent people are being manipulated by a mad, ideologically deranged strata which live great lives and educate their sons and daughter in the West and condemn the masses to a primitive education -if any, given the fact that 60% ? of them are illiterates. What you consider education is non-sense for these predators. Science of quran is education. You can hear them for yourself on line! After they finish their sermons they climb in a Mercedes-Benz and mind their business. One from the masses will do some killing after the Friday sermon.

It's a cycle of violence of untold proportions. Half of the "holy" writings aim at the destruction of all Non-muslims. It was there always, before USA, before Israel... It's not the people but only indirectly. Ex-muslims and many of us have muslims in our families that are dear to us. Islam is to be blamed and more precisely mohammed. We have to identify the enemy.

In a nut shell the story you told happened in spite of mohammad and his islam... due to the innate humanity in some people. I wish those people peace at home and in their hearts.

Take Care Mr Sleazy. Best wishes and a Good Health in special.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 11:59:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2010 10:37:06 AM PST
S. U. Larsen says:
I am looking through some of Yusuf Abdulkarim's quotes from the Quran. He's a real joker, he is.

b. Gender equity , Quran 4,32 "And in no wise covet those things in which Allah has bestowed His gifts more freely on some of you than on others: To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn: But ask Allah of His bounty. For Allah has full knowledge of all things."

h. Choice of spouse, Quran 4:3 "If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, then marry women of your choice, two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or a captive (a slave girl) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice."

His interpretation of the verses are highly imaginative and inventive. It's is all very nice ...until you look at it a bit closer. This one is hilarious:

i. Freedom of expression, Quran 2:42 "And cover not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth when you know what it is." (meaning of course that the only truth is in the Quran)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 12:17:26 AM PDT
Runamuck says:
For 553 years Christians have dominated the world. Colonialism, international slavery, racism; infact the word infidel is not Semitic but European produced by the Catholic church to describe all non-christians. If you want to quote history to me then quote it do not generalize and make up history. Your statistic of 60% is a joke, and has no founding thank you for pulling some poo out of your butt and showing it to us. YOU HAVE NO MUSLIMS IN YOUR FAMILY, so don't say that. The story I told was due to Mohammad and the the wonderful hospitality of the People of the Middle East. I would say talk to you of humanity but you have no concept of it you are a hate filled individual that has never doing anything for you anyone nor you country. May Allah have mercy upon your soul.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 3:44:07 AM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
Adolf Hitler thought very highly of Mohammad too why don't you add Hitler to your list of those providing character references for Mohammad?

BTW: Can you tell us just when Thomas Carlyle (who also thought very highly of the genocidal English military dictator Oliver Cromwell) earned his "Nobel Prize"?

Here is the list for Nobel Prize winners for literature:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/

You can note however that Winston Churchill is on that list. Churchill did not think very highly of either Mohammad or Islam by the very. Mr. Abdulkarim.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 6:29:38 AM PDT
Mara says:
Islam is a problem by itself and has no parallel.

All the wrongs and evils you described are of a different nature. Humans are not really a blessing for this Earth.
It's when you have people reading Hadith and quran and such that you see religious atrocities... They are inspired by... the one in the sky ! Mock Christianity if it humors you. Yet Jesus Christ never once killed or ordered killings, never raped, never commited sleazy sex acts, loot, etc. He never ever created the impression of such filth.
He changed the world with words and with an impecable self example. I'm not religious but I can see a real holy man.
You are a dirt bag, you said? Well, it does explain doesn't it why you try to emulate mohammed. Your kind of man.
Learned Arabic and Farsi while fighting for....what country? And then your choice was to abandon the principals of freedom in favor of Islamic law? Remember, one has nothing to do with the other, these two being incompatible.

There's no need to start splitting hairs. Just by reading the Hadith all doubt dissapears.

As far as you are concerned the fact that you are a muslim explains a lot.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 12:28:53 PM PDT
S. U. Larsen says:
553 years .....hummmmm. The Turks sacked Constantinople in 1453, it can't be that. 1457 AD? The high point for Islam in some ways: Rome had fallen.
Ah, the noon bell of 1456:the Battle of Nándorfehérvár (Belgrade) in which the Turks were routed. Those were terrible years that ravaged the Balkans.

"Infidel": the words Believer and Unbeliever occur very frequently in the Quran. So much for THAT.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 4:55:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 5:00:51 PM PDT
Justin Combs says:
"ISLAM IS THE ONLY IDEOLOGY THAT PROVIDES A COHERENT AND PRACTICAL SOCIAL SYSTEM AND OFFERS SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF HUMANITY."

Yeah. We know. Its evangelists kill to prove it.

Gender equity? Are you kidding me? Really?

Like female genital mutilation, beheadings, stonings, and killing rape victims because they committed some crime worthy of death by being raped?.

Maybe this islam has some answers for you; I'll die before living under it. I will die before my children live under it.

If this means I go to hell, then hell is an honorable course of action when compared to spending eternity in a "paradise" based on lust, with a weak, insecure, bloodthirsty god.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 3:05:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2011 3:12:25 AM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
""ISLAM IS THE ONLY IDEOLOGY THAT PROVIDES A COHERENT AND PRACTICAL SOCIAL SYSTEM AND OFFERS SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF HUMANITY."

It reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man", wherein the "Kanamits, a race of nine-foot-tall aliens, land on Earth. One of them addresses the United Nations, vowing that his race's motive in coming to Earth is solely to be helpful to humanity. Initially wary of the intentions of an alien race who came "quite uninvited," even skeptical international leaders begin to be persuaded of the aliens' benevolence when the Kanamits share their advanced technology, quickly putting an end to many of Earth's greatest woes, including hunger; energy becomes very cheap; nuclear weapons are rendered harmless. The aliens even morph deserts into big, blooming fields. Trust in the Kanamits seems to be justified when Patty, one of a staff of US government cryptographers led by Mr. Chambers, cracks the title of a Kanamit book the spokesman left behind at the UN. Its title, she reveals, is To Serve Man.

Soon, humans are volunteering for trips to the Kanamits' home planet, which is portrayed as a paradise."

In the end the Kanamit book left behind at the UN, "To Serve Man" turns out to be a cook book!

Yes in an archaic sense Islam is a 'religion of peace'. Islam's institutions of providing for ITS OWN well being and internal peace are Jihad and Dhimmitude. Jihad functions to provide material well being and social order the way Nazi conquest, and pre-modern tribal raiding and brigandage did. Dhimmitude functions to provide internal order and material well being for Muslim societies the way that Theresienstadt concentration camp and the Jim Crowe laws of the KKK south provided benefits for Nazi and white racists. The Nazis and KKK offered kindred 'coherent and practical" solutions too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2011 11:07:01 AM PDT
LGS says:
Too bad you are not seeing reality. Nobody said muslims are not hospitable. My daughter converted 2 years ago, she is 21, I have been taking alprazolam every night since then. Islam - definition - submission. The prophet, well that is a different story. Don't talk about Christians ruling the world, being in the military, you above all should know that if it was not for the allied forces in WWII(Americans came in late into the game), we would all be speaking German by now. If it was not for the Crusades( and I do not entirely justify them) we would all be Muslim and would not be having this discussion, because we would all be executed, because no Muslim can speak out against the Quran, the prohet, or Islam. If you do, you become an apostate and are subject to death. Funny, if you are a Christian and convert and speak out against Christianity, nobody will try to send a death squad out to kill you. I do not have hate for the people of the Middle east, I have a contemptuous attitude and feel for them, because they have no way out, out of Islam - a vial, disgusting, perverted, plagiarized religion, together with the Hadith and Sharia Law that makes it unpalatable who anyone (non-muslim) who comes in contact with it and truly understands it.
I hope Allah has mercy on your soul, because if you take the time to really understand it as I have, it is a perverse and contradicting religion, who's prophet can do no wrong, even when he is contradicted by the Quran - the Holiest of books. If you can believe that so be it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2011 4:46:58 PM PDT
Runamuck says:
"I do not have hate for the people of the Middle east, I have a contemptuous attitude," Really? Do you not see the complete contradiction in this? Also what about all of the different religions in the area? I guess the Christians that are there do not count, along with the Bahá'í, Druze, Yazidism, Mandean, Gnosticism, Yarsan, Shabak, and Zoroastrianism to name a few other religions that are there, most originating there. Now what does speaking German and the allied invasion have anything? No I don't agree with you, it was the 25 million people of the Soviet Union who died fighting the Axis that ground the Germans to a halt. The French had a chance to defeat the Nazis before the war and failed to act. The point of this is you are dogmatic and sure of unattainable futures. Really how did the crusades stop Islam? Last I looked Spain had a very large Christian population and Jewish populations that lived under the Muslim Moors in peace and prosperity. It was not till 1492 when the Spanish Catholics came back to power that the horror of the Inquisition was unleashed.

"...a vial, disgusting, perverted, plagiarized religion, together with the Hadith and Sharia Law that makes it unpalatable who anyone (non-muslim) who comes in contact with it and truly understands it." See this is not an argument but name calling and dogmatic universal claims. No evidence or logical analysis. I refer back to you claiming you don't hate Muslims, how can you make that claim with this kind of statement?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2011 5:00:52 PM PDT
Runamuck says:
First Jesus is the son of God, Mohammed is a prophet big difference. I think you miss this point which is a quite large one. The attempted smearing of me instead of making an argument so a lack of thought and knowledge. I learned the languages fighting in the U.S. Army, but I guess I need to spell that out for you. I never claimed to abandon "the principals of freedom" whatever that is to you. I love freedom of speech, religion and the right to elect my leaders. In fact I like them so much I swore an oath to defend them with my life. Tell me what have you done but spew hate, call people names? Finally I'm not Muslim I'm Lutheran, funny how that works I actually am following the teachings of my "Holy Man" (Jesus), Remember the story of the Good semeraten, or that Mary was a prostitute? Jesus has open arms to all, you should try practicing his words and not just regurgitating them to try and justify your hate and ignorance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2011 6:00:32 PM PDT
Domenico says:
Sleazy,

Are you saying that you need proof in order to consider the aHadith disgusting, stone age mentality, and a modern day nightmare??
Are you saying that non-muslims living under islam must accept their common and legal inferior status? And shut up?
Are you saying that those of us who opose islam and actually take the time to tell why must also shut up because .... they must hate people? Muslims? Really?

You tell ! Why are the good, wonderful muslims accept to see their non-muslims, their brothers in humanity, kept under an official "subdued" inferior status??

Well, that's rethoric. We know why - they are not allowed to contradict the islamic laws... But you can explain if you still want.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 10:55:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2011 10:57:38 AM PDT
Runamuck says:
I am asking that you explain why it is you disagree supported by evidence. The demagoguery of you and many of the others on this thread along with the author is quite amazing. Can you define "rhetoric", since you seem not able to spell the word I have a feeling that you do not know what it means. Maybe I need to start adding definitions to my big words since no one seems to understand them nor bothers to look them up. The sad thing is that you and many others don't understand your own language, but you are so quick to purport universal truths about another culture, its religion and language. "...disgusting, stone age mentality, and a modern day nightmare??" You are making these statements and no one is saying to you "shut up", instead they are requesting that you follow through, i.e. why is it disgusting? How is it a stone age mentality: since it was never developed during the stone age? How is it a modern day nightmare, and cannot the same be said of Nation-states such as the U.S. and its foreign policy in dealing with Islamic people?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion
The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion by Robert Spencer (Audio Cassette - October 1, 2006)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (530)