Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

How about the extra content? Download or disc?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2010 12:22:32 AM PST
Joe Moer says:
Am hearing rumors that for the XBOX 360 version you get the DLC's and must go on Live to get them, for the PS3 version it seems to be included on the Blu-ray disc. Anyone with the facts?

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 7:57:14 PM PST
C. O'Niell says:
I hate it when they make you download extra content for all these 'game of the year' or 'special editions', I like it better when it's on the game disc it self, not a second disc the game disc. That's one of the things I really like about Blu-ray disc, you can fit so much on them.
I would consider getting the 'gold edition' if ALL is indeed on the BD it self, other wise I'll buy a cheep used disc of the original RE5 and download the DLC.

But as for real facts like you asked, no, I don't have clue :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2010 4:29:11 PM PST
Syxx says:
Both systems will have DLC available for those who already own the original Resident Evil 5.
The Gold edition on PS3 will include all of the DLC on the Disc.
The Gold edition on XB360 will be the standard Resident Evil 5 with vouchers to download the DLC from Live.

Source:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/11/18/announcing_resident_evil_5_gold_edition

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 2:43:52 PM PST
Jocaju says:
I think the PS3 version is a no brainer, not only you get all in one disc, but it will be compatible with the motion controller when released in fall of 2010.

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 8:59:43 AM PST
Stompy says:
It would be cheaper just to buy the original game and then download the 2 DLC episodes for only $4.99 each.

Posted on Jan 30, 2010 3:04:17 PM PST
Kamakzie says:
$4.99 each? Are you sure it isn't more?

Posted on Jan 31, 2010 1:55:00 PM PST
Stompy says:
Yes, Its only $4.99 for each episode, but the 2 costume packs are extra I think.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 10:51:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010 10:52:49 AM PST
Kelley says:
Kewl!! I have a bud at Gamestop,and he told me about the Gold edition and begged me to reserve it (commission for him,I guess..).If I don't have to buy it to get the extras, I'll just keep the original version that I already have and download em from Xbox Live.... If u don't already have it,it would be worth it to wait 4 gold.

Posted on Feb 15, 2010 11:10:27 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 8, 2010 6:18:20 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 17, 2010 7:53:32 PM PST
Johnny Guo says:
Where do u download the RE5 DLC? is it true that gold edition have the RE5 original game?

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 11:51:03 AM PST
Stompy says:
You download it on the Playstation Store or Xbox live dashboard, and yes the gold edtion contains the original game and all the DLC.

Posted on Feb 20, 2010 11:14:44 PM PST
Johnny Guo says:
wow thannks! do u think it will be better to keep the original RE5 game and downlaod all the DLC or sell the original RE5, to get the gold edition?

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 12:03:26 PM PST
Daniel Fong says:
Original RE5 for PS3 on Amazon.com = $28.99
Versus Mode = $4.99
Lost in Nightmares + Mercernaries Reunion with 2 New Characters Barry & Excela = $4.99
2 Alternate Costumes (Warrior Chris, Folklore Sheva) = $1.99
Desperate Escape + maybe it'll include Rebecca + Josh for Mercernaries Reunion = $4.99
2 Alternate Costumes (Heavy Metal Chris, Business Sheva) = $1.99

Grand Total = $47.94
Gold Edition Preorder price = $46.99

If you already own RE5, just buy the DLC instead. I doubt I will be playing versus mode anyway.

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 11:19:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2010 11:19:57 AM PST
I have the original RE5, but I'm planning on trading it in for the Gold Edition. Like some other posters have mentioned I much prefer having a physical copy of something I own... and perhaps I'm just crazy but there's no guarantee that the new content will be available for download forever. What happens when there is no XBox Live or PSN? I realize that's a long shot and may or may not happen, but at least if it does I would still have all the content already on disc.

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 7:17:28 PM PDT
Chucho says:
Guys to be honest, I know that having a physical copy of the dlc is better, some people are saying they do not want it on their HD. Practically, many ps3's require hard drive installs before playing... sooooo... For those who want to make extra space in their hard drives are not doing practically anything since reviewers say it installs 6 gbs. If you have the game, just download the dlc, you will be paying only for the cover

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 6:19:04 AM PDT
Capt. Plu says:
Looks like Capcom is only patching the Gold Edition for Move support this fall.

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 10:25:22 AM PDT
well if u plan to play it with move i guess your getting the gold edition since move doesn't work on the original game, and capcom isnt going to bother

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 10:52:12 AM PST
If I already have a Resident Evil 5 on ps3 and I just want the desperate escape and lost in nightmare content and all other extra features on the gold, how can i download it? and where do i download it from? Can someone please help. thanks a lot.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 12:24:36 AM PDT
Majin Tenshi says:
Are the additional costumes available on the Gold Edition as well ? I plan on replacing the original 5 with it to own the additional chapters on disc.

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 2:09:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2013 2:10:11 AM PST
Peter says:
Literally every piece of extra content ever released for Resident Evil 5 is on the disc if you buy the Gold version on the PS3.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about