What about tomatoes? I want a chopper that can cut up tomatoes, but not puree them. Thank you.
asked by Cilla on November 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
It all depends on how long you chop and grind.I'm sure if you give it a few quick hits you will do just fine.
Gadgetguy answered on November 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unfortunately, this mini-processor chops the tomatoes very fine, bordering on pureeing them. I actually used this to make a spectacular gazpacho with tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers from my garden. It did prepare that very well. But if you're looking for something that would be used more in a salsa or guacamole, I don't think this mini-processor would work for you.
Amazon Customer answered on November 7, 2012

A
I know when I was trying to make salsa the tomato came out not pureed but only slightly chunky.
This was fine for me since I don't want something too chunky but if you want bigger chunks, you're better off hand chopping them or using something else.
Mother of 2 answered on November 7, 2012

A
Well this isn't a slicer - if you want diced tomatoes just don't process them very long :-) just a couple pulses will do the trick :-)
Artemiss Luminos answered on November 7, 2012

A
If you pulse the food processor it will chop tomatoes. But, why do you want your tomatoes to come into contact with the plastic? I only use my Mini-Prep FP for dicing onions, garlic, tumeric or ginger really small. I would never use it for processing acid foods like tomatoes than may possibly leach the plasticizers out of the FP into my food.
Eileen. Snow answered on November 7, 2012

A
Pulse the food processor in 3 or 4 quick chops or pulses. Don't let it go more, or you'll have puree or juice.
Eileen. Snow answered on November 7, 2012

A
A small processor won't work for just chopping. Get a regular size (7cups or larger) and hit the 'pulse' quickly , over and over until the right consistency.
Beverly Miller answered on November 9, 2012

A
Yep, no this is hardly a chopper. It purees tomatoes. I tried to chop it and ended up with half juice and half chunks. Btw i tried the two quick hit thing just to clarify. Does not work.
GoldenGreek answered on November 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›