Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
What about the Map updates? Does anybody know how one can get the updated version of the maps? Does Magellan release map updates frequently? How much will it cost?

Thanks
Kera
asked by Kera on May 2, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
M. Klein answered on August 23, 2008
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
J. Markovich answered on February 11, 2008
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Magellan rarely proivides map updates. I purchased 2 5045LMs in 2010 and have received only ONE map update. With Lifetime Map Updates they are supposed to occur 4 times a year, but I have only received 1. Not good for their Lifetime Map Updates.
Earl Stevenson answered on November 27, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Earl Stevenson answered on February 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mr. Keh, it shows extraordinarily poor business sense to blame your customers for the poor systemic performance of your product. I cannot imagine how poorly designed your hardware and software must be in order to cause such a catastrophic problem so easily, and I cannot imagine the hubris of telling someone that they must reformat their computer hard drive to recover their GPS and calling this "good news." I have determined now that I want no part of a product that blames it's users first for what is so obviously a systemic weakness of design.
W. Thein answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I purchased a Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX because it was supposed to have free lifetime map updates. It's been 7 months and I haven't been able to get any updates, and now today I'm told the update will cost $69.95. That doesn't sound free to me!
Lori A. Veach answered on July 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mr Keh, I bricked my unit as well years ago with your update, and I assure you I followed the procedure to the letter and did not have any power glitch during the update. The update system and product is clearly faulty. But, two years ago, when I had the issue, I simply purchased a Garmin unit, and I have warned dozens of people away from Magellan products ever since.
Steve Drevik answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How do I reformat the computer hard drive on a magellan roadmate 2136 t-lm so that i can reinstall the mapping softwae?
Donald D. Hall answered on May 5, 2012

A
Donald D. Hall answered on May 5, 2012

A
EARL -- curious about the time line in your post. I see that on the Magellan site they show Map Upgrade v45 as being the most current. If I read your post correctly, that upgrade was originally released in Dec 2011 and then retracted and in Feb you still didn't have it? That would suggest the current Map Upgrade v45 is at BEST 5 months old (if they released it February 19th
Alba Arboleda answered on July 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product