Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
is the photo ("still picture") quality acceptable compared to entry-level 8-9 megapixel digital camera?
asked by Amazon Customer on November 4, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I have taken at least 100 photos withe Sony CX260V. Daylight photos are acceptable but not the quality I would want if I was using a 8-9 meg pixal camera. Low Light shots are worse than expected. I am working with the camera now to learn how to use the manual features instead of auto features and have been able to make some improvements in picture quality. Even better on the video recording side using the manual feature settings versus auto. Basically - it is a decent HD video camcorder with a camera feature that is nice to have when you do not want to carry two cameras.
MLong answered on November 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes the picture quality is quite acceptable. It works the other way too - a Sony still picture camera with a high resolution image capture takes surprisingly great HD video!
yellowpixels answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Absolutely, I didn't buy it for that but, during my granddaughters birthday party I unintentionally took a close up of her. It was so good that I had an 8x10 made. It would definitely take the place of an entry level digital camera.
Randy M. Harris answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I used this camera and the pictures were fantastic and on par with any other camera I used.
Obiwopkenobi62 answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, i have taken few pictures and it seems good not like other handycams where it seems the picture taken are with 1 or 2 Megapixel ordinary phone

go for it if you are concerned about the picture it should live up to your expectation
RP answered on November 5, 2012

A
To me its acceptable now I have only taken pics in the daylight an they show up pretty good but you have to be pretty still when taking them ( tripod ) would help any more ?s feel free to ask
Durell S. answered on November 5, 2012

A
From the very few still pictures that I took, they look a little less quality than a 8-9 megapixel. But it is still an ok photo
Gene answered on November 5, 2012

A
Yes, indeed!
Ravi Rao answered on November 6, 2012

A
I would agree with most of the assessments on the quality. It isn't bad, but it ain't great! What would really be a great benefit is a strobe flash if they could have provided or would be an accessory to use. Much better for outdoor in full light level photography than for indoor "birthday party" snapshots.

AlanW
Aster answered on February 20, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product