5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic refererence for your HVAC/R library
Published on April 14, 2001 by Kristjan Hjalmarsson

1.0 out of 5 stars Another high-priced clunker from Thomson
Published on November 23, 2004 by Ladyfire

1.0 out of 5 stars Another high-priced clunker from Thomson, November 23, 2004
This book was used in my "Fundamentals of Electricity" course in a technical college air-conditioning (AC) program. It was selected because it was the only text specifically for AC. We used the first third of the book. I'm an older student, have two years of university credits, and have seen a lot of technical and vocational training material. This book is simply awful. I have never had to struggle with a textbook so hard as with this one. Grammatical errors were abundant. The review questions were poorly written. Illustrations were occasionally mis-labeled, out of sequence or just plain wrong. Where the material raised a question, it was often left unanswered, but unasked questions were answered in excruciating detail. I had to use 4 other books to fill gaps left by this one. Most insulting was the price: $108. There are better books that cover basic electricity, some aimed at HVAC. I used Proctor & Mazur's books from ATP to fill some gaps. Additionally, ARI's "Refrigeration and Air Conditioning" has a good treatment, which is clearly written.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hoodwinked!, October 5, 2006
This book cost $108.00 and is full of errors. The instructor of my Intro To Control Class has contacted the publisher but to no avail. I am struggling in a course that I have always wanted to take and although my instructor is fanstastic this book gets a big fat F- from me. This book has failed and I hope that anyone who is forced to pay for this book isn't stuck paying full price. It's just not worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic refererence for your HVAC/R library, April 14, 2001
Kristjan Hjalmarsson (Mesa, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I love the way the author set this book up. You gradually build on what you learn and never really feel that you are being thrown in to hard. The writing is fantastic. Not to difficult in technological terms for the novice and yet levels with the seasoned veteran just right. When you complete a chapter , you are introduced to a " In the field scenario" service call. You imagine yourself at the call working out the problem in the component. You see how to step by step, use the common sense approach to troubleshooting and gain good skills in those procedures. The calls vary from simple to very complex. One thing is for very certain. You will enjoy having this book in your professional HVAC/R library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, August 27, 2011
I am currently attending HVAC school and found electricity to be challenging. The manual has proven to be very helpful and clarified many areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars made the class difficult., February 7, 2010
The book has many errors and confusing or incomplete diagrams. the review questions range from redundant to wanting way too much info. there is a lot of repetition, including repeating the same sentences right after one another but reworded. this book made the classes much more difficult than it needed to be. this is the 7th edition i can only shutter at how bad the first book was.

1.0 out of 5 stars never received the book I paid for from January 26th 2009, March 3, 2009
I still have not received this book in the mail as promised by seller. DO NOT BUY anything from this seller. He didn't forget to take my money for it though.

4.0 out of 5 stars electricity for refrigeration book, April 28, 2014
this is a required book for my class.
there are some mistakes in the book.
It has pretty much all the thing that is needed.
so its good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Lab Manual to accompany Electricity for Refrigeration, Heating, And Air Conditioning (Paperback)
great book I still have as a back up. price was great better than I would have gotten at the school book store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, October 5, 2013
Very relevant and clear ,my trainees love it.I have assigned the newer version of this book but i still have this copy and it made my decision to order the updated version an easy one .

5.0 out of 5 stars Electricity Book, August 13, 2013
If you need to have knowledge
of Electricity on Refrigerator, Heatings, and Air -Conditioning.
Got the product , new and well protected

Used & New from: $7.00