Nikon D800 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $1,259.99
Did anyone actually receive the D800 *from Amazon* I'm a bit dubious of the claim:
"Initial orders for this product began to ship on March 23, 2012, but due to the high demand we were unable to fulfill all customer orders."

Just wanted to know if anyone's order was actually fulfilled, and if so, when was the order placed?
asked by John on April 27, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I ordered a D800 from AMZN at 10:32 PST on 2/6 and I still show 4/13-5/1 as estimated delivery date. I am expecting another email from AMZN on 5/1 requiring me to approve another delay. We shall see...
allen-c-in-biloxi answered on April 29, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine got pushed back to the queue, after I increased the shipping speed to a day from two. Placed order on Mar-26.
MaKNetRover answered on April 27, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ordered mine on March 9th. Shipping date April 16- May 1. No change of status. No notifications. Frustrated.
T. K. kim answered on April 27, 2012

A
ordered mine on day 1, delivery date of april 29 turned into May 1 and now it says I will get an email when they know something about it, very frustrating experience
JFLY answered on April 27, 2012

A
Oh No....I guess I will get a not so good change of status..don't Amazon give 25 dollars for undelivered goods?
We should all ask 25 from amazon :)
T. K. kim answered on April 28, 2012

A
I don't know if the $25 applies to pre-orders... but I will ask just in case :)
JFLY answered on April 28, 2012

A
I have yet to see a single post here from anyone confirming that they had their Amazon order filled! Those who ordered on Feb 7, have still not gotten their order filled while local dealers have no problem filling their orders. B&H, Adorama and others have their priorities where those belonging to Nikon Professional services get their orders filled in preference (Greta von Susteren an example) to non professionals.
Dont know if it is true or not, but I was told that Amazon itself does not sell the camera but does so via its chain of vendors in its marketplace. If true, than those vendors would have their own list and thus Amazon priority list would be lower in priority. That is perhaps why, Amazon is not able to fill their orders. We may be better off with local dealers...
P. Bhan answered on April 28, 2012

A
Got it May 7th. Ordered Feb 7 :00 AM
SK answered on May 10, 2012

A
I preordered in the wee hours (EDT) of Feb 7 and received it May 2. There were 2 waves of shipments. The first did ship March 23 but I missed the cutoff by about 1 1/2 hours in the preoreder queue. If you want a better picture of who got shipments when, check out Nikon Rumors blog. And if anyone doesn't believe the camera is in short supply, the serial number on my camera is under 5000. Think of the number of retailers and orders waiting vs 5000 cameras. One NY retailer alone was reported to have over 6000 preorders and hasn't done as well filling orders as Amazon. On the other hand the conflicting date messages were really annoying but may not have been due to Amazon

If you haven't gotten your camera yet, take comfort in the fact that early units have had some bugs which Nikon may address before they ship yours.
readnrider answered on May 11, 2012

A
Most recent serial number on NikonRumors are in the 10000 to 12000.
Georges Pelpel answered on May 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product