Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
AC adapter? Has anyone been able to find an AC adapter that works with this model? The voltage and amperage are easy enough, but the plug hole is just a bit too small for most plugs.
asked by Michael Hayden on April 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
YES! Radio Shack's Enercell AC-to-DC Universal 300mA Power Adapter, model #273-315 ($21.49), works great.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3875402

Included are six "Adaptaplug tips" -- the "H" tip works with our radios.

Success at last, after two years! What a long ordeal, but fruitful in the end.
Amazon Customer answered on May 19, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I still have the box my second radio (for the kitchen) came in, and might still be able to get a refund (purchased it on Apr. 20). I really like the radio, but if over its lifetime batteries will cost me more than the radio did, there are other radios on the market that plug directly into 110 AC. Who would ever have thought that this would become a consideration when shopping for a radio?
Amazon Customer answered on May 16, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on May 18, 2012

A
Chip Ahoy says:
I do, but I wouldn't want anyone putting my e-mail address "out there" in cyberspace (for spammers and hackers to harvest) so I don't put others' e-mail addresses on the web. Reach me at the e-mail address on my sailboating 'business' card (link below) and I'll provide it, and the tech guy's (who finally was able to assist me).

http://www.chipford.com/business_card.htm

You can also see one of my (two) Sangean H201 radios deployed aboard my sailboat at:

http://www.chipford.com/chip_ahoy_63.htm#100605
Amazon Customer answered on May 24, 2012

A
Amazon Customer answered on May 15, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on May 15, 2012

A
Thanks very much for your reply and all your footwork. This is kinda absurd -- doesn't sound like it's a std size. i will most likely return mine (even though i threw out the box months ago) if i can't find an AC adapter. Not to mention the costs involved, throwing out these batteries every few months can't possibly be good for my carbon footprint karma.....
abbuser answered on May 16, 2012

A
YES! Radio Shack's Enercell AC-to-DC Universal 300mA Power Adapter, model #273-315 ($21.49), works great.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3875402

Included are six "Adaptaplug tips" -- the "H" tip works with our radios.

Success at last, after two years! What a long ordeal, but fruitful in the end.
Amazon Customer answered on May 19, 2012

A
thanks chip ahoy for the info. Gonna go to radio shack with your info. I'd like to contact Sangean Customer Service about something -- do you have an email address that you used?
abbuser answered on May 24, 2012

A
Nice sailboat Chip! Thanks for sharing your search.. I was opting for the Sony shower radio and you know that same flaw of the cover over the controls cracking with age and no new design after 10 years, it is time to give this new company (Sangean) a chance..
Although I will be mounting it across from the shower, on the wall instead of draped over the shower head.I don't think that water will be an issue.But it is nice to know this unit is water tight enough to float. Hopefully I have the same luck others have had.And now I know what AC adapter I need in case I want to buy another. Thanks
Jimmy Crack Corn answered on September 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product