Can this adapter be used to charge an iPod as well? This thing seems like an ordinary 110V AC to 5V USB adapter... so can I use it to charge an iPod for instance?
asked by bobo on June 16, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I'd like to know if the reverse is true; can I use my iPod adapter (also 110->5v) to charge my Flip? Anyone? Anyone?
Bracken MacLeod answered on July 29, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@bobo. I use this to charge my iPod as well as a Garmin Forerunner each via their respective USB cables connected to the Flip Video Power Adapter. Works well for these two and should work for other devices that charge via USB.
t17 answered on January 4, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried with the iPhone charger, and it did NOT charge the Flip. Also a car charger made for the iPhone did not charge it. I assume it is the same for an iPod charger....

Once I got home from a mini weekend vacation, I hooked the dead Flip into the Mac's USB and it charged it halfway in less than 30 minutes. I could have used a laptop or the power charger during the vacation as it died in less than 2 hours.
N. Lee answered on February 16, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, iPod/iPhone chargers are actually rated the same so it is safe. Since this is the case, you can actually use your iPod/iPhone chargers to charge the Flip and save yourself some money. I recommend buying a cheap USB extension cable so you don't have to hang the Flip off the charger itself in case it's in an inconvenient location. However, iPad chargers are rated at 2.1 Amps (double what this adapter puts out).
digital | epitome answered on October 9, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product