- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 9.8 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B000XT3OPG
- Item model number: 9902
- Average Customer Review: 174 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,578 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing (See Top 100 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
addi-Express Professional Knitting Machine
|Price:||$129.99 & FREE Shipping|
- The addi-Express Professional features 22 needles
- Circular knitted items - Ø 10 to 15 cm (4" to 6")
- Plain knitted items - 15 to 20 cm (6" to 8") wide
- You can use nearly all kinds of yarns, recommended yarn thickness 3.5 - 8
- Designed and manufactured in Germany to exacting standards and using finest materials available
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The circumference of a finished beanie in Caron - Simply Soft (doubled for warmth) is big enough to fit a child to medium-sized adult head with a little wiggle room. My boyfriend has a large noggin and he can squeeze into one of the hats, but it isn't very comfortable. A finished tube, laid flat and unstretched, is close to six to eight inches wide, depending on the yarn used.
The most important advice I can give you is to choose the RIGHT YARN for the machine. I have used a wide variety of weights and fibers and here is what I think are the best choices:
1. Worsted Weight - Caron Simply Soft. I can't say enough about how great the Addi Express works with this yarn. I've made scarves, hats, and blanket panels and they turn out great. Not a dropped or twisted stitch to be seen with more than 800 rows on the longest piece I've knit. I cast on and just crank the handle, most of the time I just watch TV and mindlessly knit, that's how dependable the combination is!
2. Worsted Weight - Lion Bran Vanna's Choice. Very occasionally the machine doesn't quite catch a full stitch and splits the yarn on a needle, but it has never been a huge problem as long as I keep an eye out and have a crochet hook handy.
3. Worsted Weight - SMOOTH wool yarns.Read more ›
It uses needle size yarn 3.5-8mm. I find that using thicker fuzzier yarn is more forgiving. I did one tube and it came out perfect and easy, no dropped stitches. It was the first time I ever used it too.
The machine is also advertised and being able to flat panels knitting. That was the main reason I bought it. It has been impossible to produce a peice of flat knitting without a bad edge. Even with practise and using a fuzzy yarn, I have struggled to make a really long peice (e.g 20+cm) of flat panel knitting without one dropped stitch. Perhaps I need more practise.
It looks like it would be great for socks but the socks can only be bed socks or house socks because the yarn has to be over 4mm needles size if you don't want big spaces round the heel.
Where I live the large professional Addi machine is double the price of this smaller model so I could not afford it but if it were just slightly more expensive, like I see in some US stores, I would reccommend buying the bigger one. The bigger model gives a proper choice in sizing and panels, unlike this. The tubes made in this are one size only for scarves, small house socks and skinny sleeves.
Despite the problems mentioned, I have to say that the general engineering and quality of plastic used in this machine is very good. You can tell it's not a bargain basement "Made in China" thing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My wife loves it. If you like to knit or crochet I would recommend it to any woman or to thier man to buy it for them.Published 5 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Love this machine. Still figuring out which yarn works best. Sometimes you just want to crank out a quick hat or scarf and this fits the bill. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Shelly
There is absolutely nothing positive I can say about this product. No matter what I do there are dropped stitches. I have tried every suggested yarn.Published 4 days ago by Grumpy
Great machine. This is my second for this size. I lost the clamps for the legs and buy the whole machine was only $40 dollars more than replacement clamps. Crazy. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Judy Y
I love it and its in working good order. Please do your research before buying the machine. Please watch youtube videos on the kingsize addi. It will help a lot. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lisa32
As a craft-a-holic, I want to like this machine. But it's pretty limiting. You can only use worsted weight yarn easily in it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Laura MacNeil
Limited instructions comes with this machine. There are no patterns that accompanies the machine. The only decent videos for instruction are on YouTube and they are not in English. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Surprised