4.0 out of 5 stars The cushioned Samba
I'm a big fan of Adidas Sambas, both for serious sports and casual wear. Despite the lack of cushioning in the Classics, I can wear them for hours on hard courts and turf without any problem. I also own Samba Vulcs, which are equally comfortable to me.

Published on July 8, 2010 by Eric A. Huang

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh...
Look much better in the picture... Sent them back. Great Indoor Soccer shoe however! Played in the black ones forever!
Published on July 20, 2010 by AB

4.0 out of 5 stars The cushioned Samba, July 8, 2010
This review is from: adidas Men's Samba Millenium Soccer Shoe (Shoes)

I was intrigued by these Samba Milleniums, which I have never seen in a retail store. When I received them, I was impressed by how good they look. The lines are not as clean as the Samba Classics, but so much better than most modern trainers which look like spaceships on your feet. When I put them on, I was also impressed how comfortable they felt. The toe box is larger than the Classics. I usually have the wear the Classics for a week for the toe box to stretch out enough to be comfortable, but I didn't have that issue with the Milleniums. There is also just the right amount of padding in the heel - enough to add comfort, but not so much that you can't feel the ball.

The reason I'm deducting 1 star from perfect is that right now, the shoe rubs against my left lateral malleolus, which doesn't happen with the Classics. I'm hoping that with some break-in, this problem will go away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, February 12, 2007
This will be the third pair of Samba Millenium shoes I have purchased. The shoe makes a great casual shoe and is comfortable for indoor soccer as well. The sole wears a little quickly, but as long as it isn't used on abrasive surfaces, it is great. They take a little while to wear in, but once broken in are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I have to get a size large or they are too small, however.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes but takes time to break in., March 7, 2009
I'm a casual shoe guy. I don't play indoor soccer or use these shoes for anything but casual everyday wear. I love the samba shoes and have been through several different types and styles over many years. This style of Sambas are not my favorite (favorites being the Top Salas from around 2000), but they are still very nice and *comfortable.

*Lets talk about comfort though. I have had this issue only with one other style of Sambas (the Classic) and that is regarding the time it takes to break these in so I can actually bare walking. Even though these shoes fit great now and are probably my most comfortable pair and shoe of choice most days, it took about a month of going through some painful heels and a few blisters to get to this point.

I know there are ways to "work" your shoes out and break them in, but no matter what I did they were still giving me issues for a long time. I have only bought a few pairs of shoes that needed special treatment to break them in, but these were by far some of the most difficult to work out.

Overall, I love these shoes and if you can get through the painful breaking-in period the shoes come out fitting your feet just wonderfully and are great, comfortable shoes for everyday casual wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cant go wrong when you buy addidas!!!, March 3, 2009
Maybe I'm not the best person to review any Adidas product since I'm such a big fan. But still I'm gonna give it a try. The fit and look of this shoes is really good. I'm haven't tested this shoes at soccer so I can't really say much about that. But they feel good while running on the treadmill and working out in the Gym. The only thing for me is that I wish they put some form of cushioning because running in this shoes is everything but a smooth ride. If cushioning is a must for you don't buy this ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Could Find These In Stores, January 30, 2009
Oh, I can find Samba Classics, and they are good, but years ago I accidentally got the Millenniums and liked them a little better. When I couldn't find the Millenniums about two years ago I got the Classics again and could tell a marked difference: I prefer the shorter tongues and the non-cloth inner heel of the Millenniums. The former allows for a better feel in contacting the ball (and doesn't catch on long pants when not playing), and the latter doesn't get worn down quickly, whereas the cloth inner heel pills and wrinkles making it less comfortable sooner. Amazon was the first place I'd seen the Millenniums available in probably six years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was wondering, June 23, 2009
I had never bought shoes from the interwebs until these. I was worried about the sizing and possible returns, but the price sucked me in. What a great experience it was. Perfect size, fast shipping and a great product. I couldn't believe that they were in actual Adidas boxes with all the tags and everything. I completely suggest this product. I LOVE them!

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, February 9, 2009
G. Dwyer (Racine, WI, USA) - See all my reviews
The shoes themselves were fine, but ran smaller than an exact pair my son already had. So we had to return the first pair and reorder a half size larger. New ones are fine

5.0 out of 5 stars A great shoe by Adidas, February 5, 2009
These were much more comfortable than the classic. If you want a samba try these! They are hard to find in the store but worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh..., July 20, 2010
AB (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 24, 2010
Son Nguyen "XedN" (Corpus Christi, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I love Adidas products. And this is the best shoes I've bought online. Playin indoor sports with this is awesome.

ARRAY(0xa7b0a36c)