Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: adidas Performance Men's Samba Millennium Indoor Soccer Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 8, 2010
I'm a big fan of Adidas Sambas, both for serious sports and casual wear. Despite the lack of cushioning in the Classics, I can wear them for hours on hard courts and turf without any problem. I also own Samba Vulcs, which are equally comfortable to me.

I was intrigued by these Samba Milleniums, which I have never seen in a retail store. When I received them, I was impressed by how good they look. The lines are not as clean as the Samba Classics, but so much better than most modern trainers which look like spaceships on your feet. When I put them on, I was also impressed how comfortable they felt. The toe box is larger than the Classics. I usually have the wear the Classics for a week for the toe box to stretch out enough to be comfortable, but I didn't have that issue with the Milleniums. There is also just the right amount of padding in the heel - enough to add comfort, but not so much that you can't feel the ball.

The reason I'm deducting 1 star from perfect is that right now, the shoe rubs against my left lateral malleolus, which doesn't happen with the Classics. I'm hoping that with some break-in, this problem will go away.
on February 12, 2007
This will be the third pair of Samba Millenium shoes I have purchased. The shoe makes a great casual shoe and is comfortable for indoor soccer as well. The sole wears a little quickly, but as long as it isn't used on abrasive surfaces, it is great. They take a little while to wear in, but once broken in are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I have to get a size large or they are too small, however.
on January 30, 2009
Oh, I can find Samba Classics, and they are good, but years ago I accidentally got the Millenniums and liked them a little better. When I couldn't find the Millenniums about two years ago I got the Classics again and could tell a marked difference: I prefer the shorter tongues and the non-cloth inner heel of the Millenniums. The former allows for a better feel in contacting the ball (and doesn't catch on long pants when not playing), and the latter doesn't get worn down quickly, whereas the cloth inner heel pills and wrinkles making it less comfortable sooner. Amazon was the first place I'd seen the Millenniums available in probably six years.
on May 27, 2015
Wow, I'm really happy with these shoes.

First, if you aren't actually going to use these for indoor soccer, *make sure* you order a half size larger than you typically wear. Like the Samba Classics, these shoes fit small and narrow, because indoor soccer players need their shoes to fit tight to their feet.

With that out of the way, these shoes are fantastic. I've worn Samba Classics since high school, and have always loved them. I don't play soccer anymore, but always found the shoes comfortable after a couple weeks' break-in time. These Milleniums, however, are perfectly comfortable right out of the box. The inner and outer arch supports are a little less severe than in the Classics, and the suede and leather are pretty supple on day one. The iconic tongue of the Classics is significantly shortened in the Milleniums, much closer to, but still a little longer than, a normal sneaker tongue. The outsole traction pattern remains identical, as far as I can tell. The other differences from the Classics are notable, but moderate, color changes. The rear two-thirds of the outsole is now mostly white, and the top of the toe sports a white adidas logo. The Milleniums retain the immediately-identifiable look of the Samba Classics, but update the styling just enough to be noticeable without losing the overall aesthetic.

As I said, I've worn Samba Classics for a long time, but I'm pretty sure I've made a permanent shift to the Milleniums. Good work, adidas!
on March 2, 2012
I'm just about to turn forty and have played soccer since I was 8. These are the best indoor shoes I've ever owned.

I'm writing a review because I read some of the other reviews that stated they were too small and or took a long time to break in. I'm a firm believer that soccer shoes should fit like a second skin. I've only had one pair of soccer shoes ever (they were outdoor) that broke in quickly--they were very soft leather. The drawback to soft leather shoes is that they are typically less durable, though that pair actually lasted me a few seasons.

Shoes with stiffer leather take longer to break in, plain and simple. Stiff leather shoes are painful to break in if you want them to stretch to your fit. I usually endure a few hours of pain wearing new soccer shoes around my house (not all at once of course) before wearing them during play.

I'm now buying my second pair of Samba Millenium's. I bought the first pair at a shoe store after having tried them on there. I recall the first pair taking a couple of hours of wear around the house and still being uncomfortable during play. Then after a few sessions of play they were comfortable. My first pair lasted me 4 or 5 winters of play, 1 to 2 x per week. I'm looking forward to another 4 or 5 winters with my next pair.

Best indoor shoes I've ever had. Durability second to none. Comfort, after a lengthy breaking in period, second to none.

So if you can hack breaking them in, these are great shoes. If you want shoes that break in quickly, head to the soccer shop and try on some pairs with softer leather.
on August 9, 2008
I originally bought these shoes just for indoor soccer and found them to be so comfortable that they became my main pair of casual shoes. I agree with another review that says they take a short bit of time to fully break in, but once you have broken them in, they are extremely comfortable and stylish for regular usage and perfect for indoor soccer.
on July 25, 2016
I love these shoes for my indoor league. I read the other reviews where people suggested going a whole size up. I should mention I'm a woman and wear a half size so I felt like I was guessing a lot. I ended up going up half a size and the shoe was actually comfortable. Generally a a size 5 in men's cleats would fit fine but these shoes were too tight. I went up half a size and they fit fine. I know they tend to stretch once worn in so I didn't want to go up a whole size to avoid them feeling too lose.
on April 18, 2016
These are awesome for soccer playing and kicking the ball around. The only downside is that they definitely run a little small and narrow. So, if you're in between sizes, get a larger size. Initially, they weren't comfortable, but after wearing them 3 or 4 times they get a lot better. If you're wearing them for a game, I would definitely "break them in" first. But overall awesome shoes and you get good ball control.
on May 2, 2016
I have wanted a pair of Samba's for a while. This is a slightly different version from the original in that parts of the side sole and bottom are white. The gum traction is also more of that yellow wheat/khaki color than the darker rubber color. The tongue is the same length as most lo-top shoes.

First off, this is an indoor soccer performance shoe, so the fitting will be snug, almost slightly smaller than what you may be used to, and will cater better towards those with narrower feet. I have D width feet and if you are not used to wearing soccer shoes, then I would suggest going at least 1/2 size larger than what you normally wear. Quality is on par to what I expect out of Adidas.

I do not play soccer and these shoes are worn with my casual outfits. Cushioning is not much but comfortable enough for me. They should feel better after they have broken in. I plan on getting another pair of Samba's in white.

I love these shoes!
review image
on August 2, 2014
I was looking for a pair of Adidas, and wanted something black with either white of blue accents. I almost ordered a pair of Adidas running shoes when I saw this modern version of the classic Samba shoes, with natural rubber contrasting with the black and white. They simply look great! No regrets in choosing this ones!
I read the reviews that warned about this style running a little small; plus, having previous experience with Adidas, I just ordered 1/2 size larger.
The shoes fit great - takes a couple of days to break-in - and have enough cushion and support to be able to take a short jog, even without being running shoes.