Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on July 8, 2010
I'm a big fan of Adidas Sambas, both for serious sports and casual wear. Despite the lack of cushioning in the Classics, I can wear them for hours on hard courts and turf without any problem. I also own Samba Vulcs, which are equally comfortable to me.

I was intrigued by these Samba Milleniums, which I have never seen in a retail store. When I received them, I was impressed by how good they look. The lines are not as clean as the Samba Classics, but so much better than most modern trainers which look like spaceships on your feet. When I put them on, I was also impressed how comfortable they felt. The toe box is larger than the Classics. I usually have the wear the Classics for a week for the toe box to stretch out enough to be comfortable, but I didn't have that issue with the Milleniums. There is also just the right amount of padding in the heel - enough to add comfort, but not so much that you can't feel the ball.

The reason I'm deducting 1 star from perfect is that right now, the shoe rubs against my left lateral malleolus, which doesn't happen with the Classics. I'm hoping that with some break-in, this problem will go away.
on February 12, 2007
This will be the third pair of Samba Millenium shoes I have purchased. The shoe makes a great casual shoe and is comfortable for indoor soccer as well. The sole wears a little quickly, but as long as it isn't used on abrasive surfaces, it is great. They take a little while to wear in, but once broken in are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I have to get a size large or they are too small, however.
on January 30, 2009
Oh, I can find Samba Classics, and they are good, but years ago I accidentally got the Millenniums and liked them a little better. When I couldn't find the Millenniums about two years ago I got the Classics again and could tell a marked difference: I prefer the shorter tongues and the non-cloth inner heel of the Millenniums. The former allows for a better feel in contacting the ball (and doesn't catch on long pants when not playing), and the latter doesn't get worn down quickly, whereas the cloth inner heel pills and wrinkles making it less comfortable sooner. Amazon was the first place I'd seen the Millenniums available in probably six years.
on March 7, 2009
I'm a casual shoe guy. I don't play indoor soccer or use these shoes for anything but casual everyday wear. I love the samba shoes and have been through several different types and styles over many years. This style of Sambas are not my favorite (favorites being the Top Salas from around 2000), but they are still very nice and *comfortable.

*Lets talk about comfort though. I have had this issue only with one other style of Sambas (the Classic) and that is regarding the time it takes to break these in so I can actually bare walking. Even though these shoes fit great now and are probably my most comfortable pair and shoe of choice most days, it took about a month of going through some painful heels and a few blisters to get to this point.

I know there are ways to "work" your shoes out and break them in, but no matter what I did they were still giving me issues for a long time. I have only bought a few pairs of shoes that needed special treatment to break them in, but these were by far some of the most difficult to work out.

Overall, I love these shoes and if you can get through the painful breaking-in period the shoes come out fitting your feet just wonderfully and are great, comfortable shoes for everyday casual wear.
on March 2, 2012
I'm just about to turn forty and have played soccer since I was 8. These are the best indoor shoes I've ever owned.

I'm writing a review because I read some of the other reviews that stated they were too small and or took a long time to break in. I'm a firm believer that soccer shoes should fit like a second skin. I've only had one pair of soccer shoes ever (they were outdoor) that broke in quickly--they were very soft leather. The drawback to soft leather shoes is that they are typically less durable, though that pair actually lasted me a few seasons.

Shoes with stiffer leather take longer to break in, plain and simple. Stiff leather shoes are painful to break in if you want them to stretch to your fit. I usually endure a few hours of pain wearing new soccer shoes around my house (not all at once of course) before wearing them during play.

I'm now buying my second pair of Samba Millenium's. I bought the first pair at a shoe store after having tried them on there. I recall the first pair taking a couple of hours of wear around the house and still being uncomfortable during play. Then after a few sessions of play they were comfortable. My first pair lasted me 4 or 5 winters of play, 1 to 2 x per week. I'm looking forward to another 4 or 5 winters with my next pair.

Best indoor shoes I've ever had. Durability second to none. Comfort, after a lengthy breaking in period, second to none.

So if you can hack breaking them in, these are great shoes. If you want shoes that break in quickly, head to the soccer shop and try on some pairs with softer leather.
on May 27, 2015
Wow, I'm really happy with these shoes.

First, if you aren't actually going to use these for indoor soccer, *make sure* you order a half size larger than you typically wear. Like the Samba Classics, these shoes fit small and narrow, because indoor soccer players need their shoes to fit tight to their feet.

With that out of the way, these shoes are fantastic. I've worn Samba Classics since high school, and have always loved them. I don't play soccer anymore, but always found the shoes comfortable after a couple weeks' break-in time. These Milleniums, however, are perfectly comfortable right out of the box. The inner and outer arch supports are a little less severe than in the Classics, and the suede and leather are pretty supple on day one. The iconic tongue of the Classics is significantly shortened in the Milleniums, much closer to, but still a little longer than, a normal sneaker tongue. The outsole traction pattern remains identical, as far as I can tell. The other differences from the Classics are notable, but moderate, color changes. The rear two-thirds of the outsole is now mostly white, and the top of the toe sports a white adidas logo. The Milleniums retain the immediately-identifiable look of the Samba Classics, but update the styling just enough to be noticeable without losing the overall aesthetic.

As I said, I've worn Samba Classics for a long time, but I'm pretty sure I've made a permanent shift to the Milleniums. Good work, adidas!
on August 9, 2008
I originally bought these shoes just for indoor soccer and found them to be so comfortable that they became my main pair of casual shoes. I agree with another review that says they take a short bit of time to fully break in, but once you have broken them in, they are extremely comfortable and stylish for regular usage and perfect for indoor soccer.
on August 2, 2014
I was looking for a pair of Adidas, and wanted something black with either white of blue accents. I almost ordered a pair of Adidas running shoes when I saw this modern version of the classic Samba shoes, with natural rubber contrasting with the black and white. They simply look great! No regrets in choosing this ones!
I read the reviews that warned about this style running a little small; plus, having previous experience with Adidas, I just ordered 1/2 size larger.
The shoes fit great - takes a couple of days to break-in - and have enough cushion and support to be able to take a short jog, even without being running shoes.
on April 22, 2015
I purchased the original samba before, and while I liked them, it occurred to me only several months after owning them that they were too small. I gave them to someone else. I wear a size 12 mens and purchased a size 12. However, adidas run slightly small or are narrow, and I have a somewhat wide foot, so I find it's best to order half size up. I was going to purchase another original samba, but saw these instead and decided to go with it. A great decision!

These shoes are tremendously more comfortable than the original samba. The leather is more stiff and supportive, the sole is thicker and the toe box feels sturdier as well. An all-around improvement. Most importantly, the tongue is made of leather and does not squeak or shift to the side when walking. I've worn these for 12+ hours and they still feel great afterwards. The shoe is supportive and will not come off when laced up, but after loosening the laces it slides right off. It's by far the best sneaker I've ever owned.

I have two very minor complaints. One is purely cosmetic. There is an additional adidas logo right at the toes (on top) which I find somewhat off putting. It's color is contrast to the rest of the shoe and seems to stand out in an awkward way. The other is that the laces which come with the shoe are way too long! They flop around like the ears on a Basset hound. Either get some new laces or be creative with the knot.

I've worn these for a few months now and the shoes look almost brand new. I hope to wear these for many years to come and will surely buy another pair when these deteriorate. They are my go to casual shoe, look great and are extremely comfortable. Well recommended!
on December 27, 2012
The samba has probably made adidas more money than a soccer player has ever made indoors--I'm just guessing. This reasonably priced classic design looks good on the street, but plays well on court surfaces where mobiliity, directional change, and rapid starts and stops are at a premium. My son regularly beats me playing racquetball and I can only assume it must be these shoes....
He wore his last pair out over about four years of constant use and had to have a new pair. Beware that buying this shoe may make you an adidas fan for a long time.
By the way, I have very wide feet and I can't wear this shoe, even though I'd like to. My experience is that adidas run narrow, so if your feet are narrow or standard, you should be fine, but I think you'll be looking elsewhere if your feet are wide, so don't be sucked in by your studly friends or your awesome sons...