5.0 out of 5 stars I gave these things a second chance and am glad I did.
My wife ordered these things for me via Amazon. I needed such shoes specifically to wear to the pool at our local YMCA. She ordered a size 9; the usual size I wear in such foot wear.

Published 17 months ago by D. Blankenship

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it used to be....
Don't buy these sandals...
I purchased a pair of these five years ago and they were great. The nobs did not come off...the strap finally broke loose after three years of use. I just purchased a new pair in June and by August most of the nobs are off already. They are almost unusuable at this point.

I wrote to the Adidas to let them know that the quality...
Published on August 31, 2007 by Patrick Tate

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it used to be...., August 31, 2007
Don't buy these sandals...

I wrote to the Adidas to let them know that the quality had gone downhill and got a 'corp-speak' response but no answer or even willingness to admit they have a bad shoe now. See update below:

Recently, a friend of mine bought the Adidas Men's Calissage, with the clear nubs, and they have not lost any nubs in over three months. They seem to be about the same as this version, just better made nubs. I would recommend going with the Calissage...if you can find it in your size. I checked on Amazon and they were out of many sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I gave these things a second chance and am glad I did., May 23, 2013
This review is from: adidas Originals Men's Adissage Sanda (Apparel)

I have to admit that when I first wore these things, (It was at the pool), I absolutely hated them. To be candid, they hurt! It was like walking on dull nails. I brought them home fully intending to throw them in the trash after I had come here to Amazon and written a review completely trashing the things.

Fortunately, when I came here to this site I started reading the other reviews and soon came to the conclusion that I needed to give the sandals another chance. Now keep in mind that I am not one of those people with baby soft soles on my feet. My preference in foot wear is no foot wear at all. I spend a great amount of time both indoors and out barefooted. The soles of my feet are quite hard. (Not like they were when I was a kid, but for an old man...not bad).

Anyway, I continued wearing these things and as other reviewers have pointed out my feet and the shoe adjusted themselves. My feet became less sensitive to the little nubs and the little nubs became softer and eventually more or less formed to my particular foot pattern. I now wear these things around the house and around the yard and indeed, in the garden. They now, after the foot and shoe break-in, are extremely comfortable. They are easy to slip on and off. They are attractive (as if that aspect of foot ware has ever been a big factor in what I wear), and they seem to be wearing quite well. I have had these sandals for over eight months now. There are a couple of things to note here:

First, these seem to run a bit small as to size. I could have used a size 10 rather than a size 9. Maybe that is just me.

Second, the nubs, the little nail like things you actually stand on, do wear out. After continual use I note that more and more of them are breaking off. This is not big deal...goodness knows I have already gotten my monies worth out of them, but it is something to consider before you buy.

Third, I noted this same shoe in local stores and the price here on Amazon is extremely competitive to what I would have had to pay here.

It is actually probably a blessing that my wife ordered these things for me rather than my purchasing them at a local store where I would have tried them on before purchasing. Had I done so, there is no way I would have bought them. I am also grateful that I read the other reviews before I trashed the things.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sandal period!!, July 1, 2010
Nick Haynes (CHINA GROVE, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This sandal is a little hard to get used to but after awhile you will love them. Your feet want sweat like others because you are walking on the "nubbs" so air is getting under and around you feet. They are well built and look good with about anything you wear. If you're looking for something different besides all the other so called "surf sandals" then these are for you!! Also amazon had the cheapest price for these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find, fun to wear, January 23, 2007
Written By (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Warning! These sandals can be addictiing. They provide an instant massage to your feet whenever they're on. And look good at the same time. I'm lucky enough to live in Southern Cali, where I can wear them 12 months a year. They're that comfortable. They do wear out after a while though. So do like I do and order a couple pair at one time. And for what it's worth, the price offered here is better than I've found in local stores.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, December 22, 2008
I have only had mine for just over 3 weeks, and already the nubs are falling out like crazy. They're all over the house. Very poor quality. Adidas has gone downhill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sandals, December 25, 2011
These sandals are amazing if you give them the chance. Many reviewers have said that they hurt and are uncomfortable. I wouldn't say that they hurt but more towards the uncomfortable side if this is your first time wearing them. However, after a couple days of wearing them around the house, your feet should get used to them and the nubs start to soften just a bit. Now they're so comfortable to me that I try to find places to walk to in them!

I like the fact that the sandal strap is adjustable, but at the same time, very sturdy. In the summer I like to have the strap a little tighter. When it starts getting cold, I loosen the strap a bit so that I can wear socks with them around the house for my cold feet.

One weird thing that I've discovered is that, if I wake up and immediately put them on, they feel like they pinch the bottom of my foot just a bit. The feeling goes away after a couple minutes and I never have this feeling besides in the morning with these sandals.

Also, I wouldn't wear these as shower sandals if I were you. The strap is lined with felt on the inside and it soaks up the water pretty well. In the summer it dries quickly but in the winter, the shoe might still be wet in the morning after showering at night. If you decide to shower with them, flush out the spaces between the nubs once in a while with the shower head to get rid of trapped sock lint or dust. Another tip, if you do shower with them on, I suggest tipping the shoe upside down afterwards to drain some water out because it will get trapped between the nubs. Not a big deal but maybe this is what's causing people's nubs to fall off quickly? I've had these sandals for 2 months now, and they look brand new despite the fact that I wear them everyday!

The sizing for the shoes seem small by half a size. I wear 10.5's in Nike sneakers. However, I got the sandals in 11's and they fit great! The contours of the nubs fit my feet exactly.

These shoes are definitely a great investment. After wearing them for so long, the soles don't seem to have worn too much. I much prefer to buy something nice that lasts a long time then to buy 5 pairs of cheap flip flops that I have to constantly replace.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have sensitive feet don't buy these., April 15, 2012
L. Haluska (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these thinking the little adissage would feel nice but after trying them the first time my feet were in pain after 30 minutes. Then I tried to wear them again another day but with thicker socks and found that I could only last 1 hour walking in them. What I would compare them to is walking bare foot on small pebbles if you can handle that and enjoy it then these are for you but if you have sensitive feet like I do you might want to buy the non-Adissage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great.....but, June 10, 2007
These are awesome!! They are the only kind of slippers that I can wear because I need the massaging bed. However, as much as possible do not get these wet as the massaging nobs seem to break off sooner if the slippers get wet.

1.0 out of 5 stars I need to file a police report..., February 20, 2010
Because I have been robbed and assaulted.

First off, the quality is terrible. Like others, the nubs started popping off nearly from day one. I own a lot of adidas products and this is by far the worst I've ever purchased. Thanks for stealing my money.

Second, my feet have never felt worse. The soles of my feet feel like they've been stabbed to death to the point that I had to ice my feet to feel better. I bought these in hopes of "massaging" my feet after running, as I was led to believe by the product name. Instead... OUCH.

I'd like to note that I am an average size guy. No one (well, in America at least) would refer to me as fat or obese. My doctor whines at me to drop some weight, but I'm not heavy enough for these sandals to be falling apart and causing severe pain. I should have gone with the Callissage as I had those before, however I found the "massage" effect of those to be nonexistent.

4.0 out of 5 stars don't leave outside in heat!!!!, July 10, 2011
This review is from: adidas Originals Men's Adissage Sanda (Apparel)
i LOVE these sandals...very comfy and stylish, but be careful not to leave them outside. first pair i had i made the mistake of leaving outside, and they curled up from the heat.
i loved the sandals so much i bought a second pair and didn't use them outside....however, leaving them in a hot garage for a couple of days caused the same reaction.

if i buy a 3rd pair (which i will if the price drops under $25), i will only keep them in the house...not the garage or outside. they are fine to use outdoors, but they can't stand being left in the heat with no pressure to keep them straight.

adidas Originals Men's Adissage Sanda